Professional Web Applications Themes

[PHP-DEV] Scheme handlers for XSLT in progress. - PHP Development

Hi, we miss the scheme facility from PHP4's XSLT extension. So, we are making a new one for PHP5's XSL extension, i.e. interfacing libXSLT's xsltRegisterExtModuleFunction. If nobody else have done it/is doing it we'd like to contribute. -- Adam -- PHP Internals - PHP Runtime Development Mailing List To unsubscribe, visit: [url]http://www.php.net/unsub.php[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default [PHP-DEV] Scheme handlers for XSLT in progress.

    Hi,

    we miss the scheme facility from PHP4's XSLT extension. So, we are
    making a new one for PHP5's XSL extension, i.e. interfacing libXSLT's
    xsltRegisterExtModuleFunction. If nobody else have done it/is doing it
    we'd like to contribute.

    -- Adam

    Adam Dickmeiss Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: [PHP-DEV] Scheme handlers for XSLT in progress.

    On 10/31/03 11:23 AM, Adam meiss wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > we miss the scheme facility from PHP4's XSLT extension. So, we are
    > making a new one for PHP5's XSL extension, i.e. interfacing libXSLT's
    > xsltRegisterExtModuleFunction. If nobody else have done it/is doing it
    > we'd like to contribute.
    Can't you just use the stream-wrappers provided by PHP5? These are very
    well supported even in xslt. What's the difference between them and the
    sablotron way? Besides the different API in PHP userland?

    chregu

    Christian Stocker Guest

  3. #3

    Christian Stocker wrote:

    > On 10/31/03 11:23 AM, Adam meiss wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> we miss the scheme facility from PHP4's XSLT extension. So, we are
    >> making a new one for PHP5's XSL extension, i.e. interfacing libXSLT's
    >> xsltRegisterExtModuleFunction. If nobody else have done it/is doing
    >> it we'd like to contribute.
    >

    > Can't you just use the stream-wrappers provided by PHP5? These are
    > very well supported even in xslt. What's the difference between them
    > and the sablotron way? Besides the different API in PHP userland?
    >
    > chregu
    Don't know the stream-wrappers, but from what I can see it doesn't do
    what we need. We want to be called by XSLT (with args etc) when XSLT
    meets registered elements&NS. So if you want a stylesheet with side
    effects, say that search in a database, just chaning the stream of XML
    doesn't help. XSLT must be in control - must have processed the args to
    the handler A stream approach is "separate" pass. Again, I may have
    misunderstood something, so we'd really like to know if it can be
    achived already..

    -- Adam

    Adam Dickmeiss Guest

  4. #4

    Just as an update to this question

    According to Adam, the stream-wrapper support in ext/xsl seems to have
    the same possibilities as the schemes support in the former sablotron
    extension. But he will further look into it and keep us/me updated about
    the outcome ;)

    <extremely_shameless_plug>
    I will talk about stream-wrapper support in ext/dom and ext/xsl in my
    talk next week at the php conference (and in the slides/examples
    published afterwards) ;)
    </extremely_shameless_plug>

    chregu

    --
    christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
    phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60 | fax +41 1 240 56 71

    Christian Stocker Guest

  5. #5

    Christian Stocker wrote:
    > Just as an update to this question
    >
    > According to Adam, the stream-wrapper support in ext/xsl seems to have
    > the same possibilities as the schemes support in the former sablotron
    > extension. But he will further look into it and keep us/me updated
    > about the outcome ;)

    I've wrapped made a stream class with methods stream_open, stream_read,
    stream_tell, stream_eof, stream_seek, stream_stat, stream_close. When I
    use this handler from within XSLT I get :
    *Warning*: xsltprocessor::importStylesheet() [function.importStylesheet
    <http://peanut:8080/tkl5/function.importStylesheet>]:
    tkl_file_stream::url_stat is not implemented! in
    */home/adam/proj/httpd/htdocs/tkl5/xsl-ex2.php* on line *70*
    What's url_stat supposed to do? Prototype?

    -- Adam

    Adam Dickmeiss Guest

  6. #6

    Adam meiss wrote:
    > Christian Stocker wrote:
    >
    >> Just as an update to this question
    >>
    >> According to Adam, the stream-wrapper support in ext/xsl seems to
    >> have the same possibilities as the schemes support in the former
    >> sablotron extension. But he will further look into it and keep us/me
    >> updated about the outcome ;)
    >>
    > I've wrapped made a stream class with methods stream_open,
    > stream_read, stream_tell, stream_eof, stream_seek, stream_stat,
    > stream_close. When I use this handler from within XSLT I get :
    > *Warning*: xsltprocessor::importStylesheet()
    > [function.importStylesheet
    > <http://peanut:8080/tkl5/function.importStylesheet>]:
    > tkl_file_stream::url_stat is not implemented! in
    > */home/adam/proj/httpd/htdocs/tkl5/xsl-ex2.php* on line *70*
    > What's url_stat supposed to do? Prototype?
    Looking at the PHP source, I decided to use:
    function url_stat ($path)
    {
    return array();
    }
    with satisfactory results, so far.

    -- Adam

    > -- Adam

    Adam Dickmeiss Guest

  7. #7

    On 11/4/03 3:42 PM, Adam meiss wrote:
    > Adam meiss wrote:
    >
    >> Christian Stocker wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just as an update to this question
    >>>
    >>> According to Adam, the stream-wrapper support in ext/xsl seems to
    >>> have the same possibilities as the schemes support in the former
    >>> sablotron extension. But he will further look into it and keep us/me
    >>> updated about the outcome ;)
    >>>
    >> I've wrapped made a stream class with methods stream_open,
    >> stream_read, stream_tell, stream_eof, stream_seek, stream_stat,
    >> stream_close. When I use this handler from within XSLT I get :
    >> *Warning*: xsltprocessor::importStylesheet()
    >> [function.importStylesheet
    >> <http://peanut:8080/tkl5/function.importStylesheet>]:
    >> tkl_file_stream::url_stat is not implemented! in
    >> */home/adam/proj/httpd/htdocs/tkl5/xsl-ex2.php* on line *70*
    >> What's url_stat supposed to do? Prototype?
    >

    > Looking at the PHP source, I decided to use:
    > function url_stat ($path)
    > {
    > return array();
    > }
    > with satisfactory results, so far.
    Yep, it's supposed to have the same format as the array returned by
    fstat(). But an empty array is ok ;)

    chregu