Professional Web Applications Themes

PHP for Windows - MySQL

Is there any software to run PHP-based programs under Windows XP. I plan on temporarily relocating my web page to my Windows XP box, but I also run a bulletin board that needs PHP to run. Is there also a MySQL implementation for Windows XP, since phpBB also needs MySQL to run. As part of the "day of silience" on Internet Radio, I plan on temporarily relocating my web page to my PC, and then turning off IIS on my machine, and taking my web site dark as wll, but I need to have some implmentation of PHP and MySQL ...

  1. #1

    Default PHP for Windows

    Is there any software to run PHP-based programs under
    Windows XP. I plan on temporarily relocating my web
    page to my Windows XP box, but I also run a bulletin board that needs PHP to
    run.

    Is there also a MySQL implementation for Windows XP, since phpBB also needs
    MySQL to run.

    As part of the "day of silience" on Internet Radio, I plan
    on temporarily relocating my web page to my PC, and
    then turning off IIS on my machine, and taking my web
    site dark as wll, but I need to have some implmentation
    of PHP and MySQL for my PC, first, so my BBS that
    I run as well will still be available until the time comes
    to temporarily pull the plug on my web site.

    Alpha Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PHP for Windows

    <snip babble>

    yes look on php.net - DONT INSTALL THE WINDOWS BINARY as is has
    problems and does not work properly use the zip package instead.

    <snip more babble>

    Yes.

    http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/

    I would also reccommend that you run them under apache not IIS as it
    is much more streamlined(apache.org)

    macca Guest

  3. #3

    Alpha Crucis Radio Network IT Admin wrote:

    Search Gooble for WAMP

    Paul Guest

  4. #4

    Paul Lautman wrote:

    > Search Gooble for WAMP[/ref]

    or xampp

    strawberry Guest

  5. #5

    strawberry wrote:

    >> Search Gooble for WAMP[/ref]
    >
    > or xampp[/ref]

    I just installed WAMP5. XAMPP seems a lot bigger. Does it have any
    advantages?

    Paul Guest

  6. #6

    Paul Lautman wrote:

    > > or xampp[/ref]
    >
    > I just installed WAMP5. XAMPP seems a lot bigger. Does it have any
    > advantages?[/ref]

    I don't know. I think the second P stands for PERL - which I don't
    really use anyway. I must have switched to XAMPP for a reason - but I
    can't remember what it was! Maybe XAMPP seemed more up to date at the
    time, but both seem to be equally well reviewed. If anyone knows any
    particular advantages of one over the other, I'd be interested to hear
    them too.

    strawberry Guest

  7. #7

    "strawberry" wrote:
    : I think the second P stands for PERL - which I don't really use
    : anyway. I must have switched to XAMPP for a reason - but I
    : can't remember what it was! Maybe XAMPP seemed more up
    : to date at the time, but both seem to be equally well reviewed.
    : If anyone knows any particular advantages of one over the other,
    : I'd be interested to hear them too.

    Do you know if it installed Perl as an executable file or as a DLL.
    They call the DLL version mod_perl and supposedly works better
    than perl.exe.

    Can you confirm that? I think all you need to do is search the httpd.conf
    file for perl.exe and if that shows up uncommented it installed the .exe
    file. Not sure what they call the DLL, perhaps mod_perl.dll.

    If you could check that would be great!

    Thanks.

    --
    Jim Carlock
    Custom Designed Swimming Pools

    Jim Guest

  8. #8

    On Jun 22, 5:30 pm, "Alpha Crucis Radio Network IT Admin"
    <backtalkradio.net> wrote:

    Yes. You can deploy Apache on Windows, or configure PHP to run under
    IIS:

    http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.php

    Yes: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html#downloads

    Cheers,
    NC

    NC Guest

  9. #9

    En las nuevas, Alpha Crucis Radio Network IT Admin escribió:

    PHPTriad works pretty well installing Apache, PHP and MySQL in a Windows
    based machine.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/phptriad/

    countach Guest