Professional Web Applications Themes

php form for unix server - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hellow to everybody i would like to know, witch files or carpets do i need to have on a server unix to run a php form (method post, get). I mean if a need to create a carpet example "cgi-bin", or if a need any archive similar "formail.pl" or what else, thanks to anyone who can help me. David...

  1. #1

    Default php form for unix server

    Hellow to everybody i would like to know, witch files or carpets do i need
    to have
    on a server unix to run a php form (method post, get).

    I mean if a need to create a carpet example "cgi-bin", or if a need
    any archive similar "formail.pl" or what else,
    thanks to anyone who can help me.

    David

    informaticatec Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: php form for unix server

    Have you ever work with a data-driven website in the past? If so, what is
    specific data-driven app did you work with?

    To get PHP working on your local machine, you need to install PHP, MySQL and
    Apache web server all together. It is ideally designed for local testing with
    your data-driven websites right there on your local machine... once it is
    achieved, then, of course you could upload the finished data-driven website
    over to your web server for general public use or specific audience.

    TO make this work, I suggest that you want to consider this book called, "PHP
    for Dreamweaver 8," who authored by David Powers. It is an excellent, excellent
    book. It covers many topics ranging from setting up PHP, MySQL and Apache web
    servers and few other important issues associated with installation of these
    apps on your local machine (whether it is Windows XP-based or Macs), other
    topics included how to build, develop and work with data-driven websites and
    realize important issues that arise under those topics discussed by the author.

    As for installation of opensource applications (PHP, MySQL, and Apache), it is
    a bit complicated, heavy-hand in order to make it work. That is why I am
    recommending you to get this book.

    I am curious, what Dreamweaver version you are working with? And what system
    architecture?

    Deaf Web Designer Guest

  3. #3

    I see Def web designer, i will try to find the time to lurn more about it,
    Thanks for help,
    David

    > servers and few other important issues associated with installation of
    these
    > apps on your local machine (whether it is Windows XP-based or Macs), other
    > topics included how to build, develop and work with data-driven websites
    and
    > realize important issues that arise under those topics discussed by the
    author.

    > As for installation of opensource applications (PHP, MySQL, and Apache),
    it is
    > a bit complicated, heavy-hand in order to make it work. That is why I am
    > recommending you to get this book.
    >
    > I am curious, what Dreamweaver version you are working with? And what
    system
    > architecture?

    informaticatec Guest