Professional Web Applications Themes

PHP GroupWare? - PHP Development

Dear PHP experts, I'm in the process of setting up a small film production company and I'm planning to install a web-based groupware package. I was wondering if any of you clever people could recommend a good groupware package, please? I'd like: - the ability to swap files (scripts, schedules, budgets etc) - basic project management - calendar - contacts - to-do lists - wiki - a media gallery would be excellent (photos, audio, movies) I like the 'standardness' of XOOPS but it doesn't seem to have any decent project management modules. Others I've looked at are eGroupWare (looks good ...

  1. #1

    Default PHP GroupWare?

    Dear PHP experts,

    I'm in the process of setting up a small film production company and I'm
    planning to install a web-based groupware package. I was wondering if any of
    you clever people could recommend a good groupware package, please?

    I'd like:

    - the ability to swap files (scripts, schedules, budgets etc)
    - basic project management
    - calendar
    - contacts
    - to-do lists
    - wiki
    - a media gallery would be excellent (photos, audio, movies)

    I like the 'standardness' of XOOPS but it doesn't seem to have any decent
    project management modules. Others I've looked at are eGroupWare (looks
    good but is very new and the demo is quite slow), TikiPro (no project
    management), phpProjekt (looks great except the demo's in German),
    phpGroupWare, php-Collab, moreGroupWare and DotProject (looks excellent
    except it has no wiki - which is a deal breaker).

    Thanks loads,
    Daniel Kelly

    Nickname = Jack

    Website: [url]www.XLK.org.uk[/url]

    Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\) Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PHP GroupWare?

    Go look at sourceforge. One such thing that is on that that you may want to
    consider is called TUTOS. -Ike

    "Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" <d.kellyNOSPAMNOSPAM.ucl.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > Dear PHP experts,
    >
    > I'm in the process of setting up a small film production company and I'm
    > planning to install a web-based groupware package. I was wondering if any
    of
    > you clever people could recommend a good groupware package, please?
    >
    > I'd like:
    >
    > - the ability to swap files (scripts, schedules, budgets etc)
    > - basic project management
    > - calendar
    > - contacts
    > - to-do lists
    > - wiki
    > - a media gallery would be excellent (photos, audio, movies)
    >
    > I like the 'standardness' of XOOPS but it doesn't seem to have any decent
    > project management modules. Others I've looked at are eGroupWare (looks
    > good but is very new and the demo is quite slow), TikiPro (no project
    > management), phpProjekt (looks great except the demo's in German),
    > phpGroupWare, php-Collab, moreGroupWare and DotProject (looks excellent
    > except it has no wiki - which is a deal breaker).
    >
    > Thanks loads,
    > Daniel Kelly
    >
    > Nickname = Jack
    >
    > Website: [url]www.XLK.org.uk[/url]

    Ike Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Ike,

    Thanks loads for the reply. Yes, I've had a look on SourceForge and TUTOS
    does indeed look good. I was just wondering if anyone had any first hand
    experience of these packages? Reviews seem a little hard to come bye.

    Thanks,
    Jack

    news:dk1Vc.27510$nx2.11612newsread2.news.atl.eart hlink.net...

  4. #4

    I played with tutos for a couple of days and was very impressed with it.
    They seem to cover a lot of stuff, and if you want to embellish it, its all
    sitting right there in front of you, source code, database structure,
    etc. -Ike

  5. #5

    For good reviews, go to.

    http://www.opensourcecms.com