Professional Web Applications Themes

[PHP] + [MySQL] Dreamweaver hangs - Dreamweaver AppDev

:confused; Been working with PHP apps for a while in Dreamweaver MX 2004, but suddenly it starts not to respond when talking to MySQL. It shows "Loading database Schema" or "Testing database connection" and there it hangs. All other things seems to work. What is going on? Any ideas or tips? Thanks /Mat...

  1. #1

    Default [PHP] + [MySQL] Dreamweaver hangs

    :confused;
    Been working with PHP apps for a while in Dreamweaver MX 2004, but suddenly it
    starts not to respond when talking to MySQL.
    It shows "Loading database Schema" or "Testing database connection" and there
    it hangs. All other things seems to work.
    What is going on?
    Any ideas or tips?
    Thanks
    /Mat

    matsper Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: [PHP] + [MySQL] Dreamweaver hangs

    Check that your Database Connection and Testing Server setup of the site
    definition is set up correctly.

    My guide below should help:

    [url]http://www.dreamweavermxsupport.com/index.php?type=article&pid=60&sid=61[/url]

    --
    Gareth - TMM Dreamweaver
    [url]http://www.dreamweavermxsupport.com/[/url]

    PHP Login Suite V2 - 34 Server Behaviors to build a complete Login system.
    [url]http://www.phploginsuite.co.uk/[/url]

    Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter - Apress
    Co-Author: Practical Intranet Development - Apress
    Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Advanced PHP Web Development - Apress
    Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: PHP Web Development - Wrox

    gareth Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Gareth,
    Excellent guide. However...
    I discovered that it is only when connecting local it stops working.
    Connecting to my MySQL server remotely works fine.
    Any ideas?
    Reinstall PHP + MySQL?

    Thanks
    Mats

    matsper Guest

  4. #4

    Have you checked your local user has adequate permissions to connect to the
    database, and if you do change permissions, dont forget you need to refresh
    the privileges before they take effect.

  5. #5

    It seems to be solved by replacing localhost as testing server with 127.0.0.1.
    ???
    However, it seems to be running for the moment.
    Thanks Gareth!

    /Mats
    matsper Guest

  6. #6

    Mat,
    What did you do? Did you replace localhost as testing server with 127.0.0.1
    in the MySQL connection? Besides that what else you did?

    I am having the same problem, I can't make the MySQL connection from
    dreamweaver MX 2004, but I can connect remotely to MySQL using the same user
    and password I tried for the MySQL connection in Dreamweaver. I changed
    localhost with the IP address of the server, but it didn?t work.

    Gareth,
    I did what you have in your guide, I wrote a txt file called .htaccess and
    saved it in _mmServerScripts, but I still can't do the MySQL Connection from
    DMX2004.
    First I saved the .htaccess in the _mmServerScripts in the server root, it
    didn?t work; then I saved it in _mmServerScripts in my home in the server,
    didn?t work either. And finally I saved it in C:\Program
    Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX
    2004\Configuration\Connections\Scripts\PHP_MySQL\_ mmDBScripts in my computer
    and didn?t work either??..

    Any ideas? I am stuck, and I have been trying to solve this issue for too many
    days now..

    Caroline

    cdanko123 Guest

  7. #7

    Caroline,
    I read somewhere that DWMX don?t like the remote and testing server to be
    called the same. Thats why I changed them.
    I also had previously installed PHakt server model and used it, but not sure
    if that affected.
    Try renaming the testing server to its IP adress. Recreate the whole site in
    site manager (remove the site then recreate it).
    Also check out [url]http://www.interaktonline.com/Support/Forums/PHP-General-Forum/[/url]
    for some more reading an dtechnotes.
    Hope this helps
    Mats

    matsper Guest

  8. #8

    Hi
    Interesting post for me coz i havnt been able to use dreamweaver on my mac to
    show my database and tables but now instead of entering 'localhost' i put
    127.0.0.1 and yippeeeeee one big confusing headache gone .... never had the
    prob on windows thogh which is odd

    cheers chris

    dummmmmbo Guest