Professional Web Applications Themes

[PHP] php editor - PHP Development

Hello STONE, I use Zend Studio SS> What's the best php editor out there? SS> Thanks in advance for nay replies! -- Best regards, MuToGeN mailto:mutogenpisem.net...

  1. #1

    Default Re: [PHP] php editor

    Hello STONE,

    I use Zend Studio

    SS> What's the best php editor out there?

    SS> Thanks in advance for nay replies!

    --
    Best regards,
    MuToGeN mailto:mutogenpisem.net
    Mutogen Guest

  2. #2

    [snip]
    I am pretty new in PHP coding. So for starters i want to know what is a
    good
    php-editor?
    I like them freeware for windows.....
    [/snip]

    EDIT for windows is great, it's free, it's already installed and it
    requires that you do no additional searching of manuals, archives, or
    the web to use. Click Start->Run. Type command and hit enter. When the
    command prompt arrives type 'edit' and hit enter. Voila! A windows
    freeware editing too. You can even use it for batch files, PERL, ASP,
    and several other languages.
    Jay Guest

  3. #3

    [snip]
    I have the Dutch translation of the php-bible and they write:
    Use the right tool, don't let anybody tell you you need notepad or tools
    like that, use a proper tool.

    Are they dumm? Is it better to use a tool like emacs, notepad, edit or
    someting like that?
    The advice Visual Slickedit but that is 30 mb and cost 50$.....
    [/snip]

    Zend Studio - http://www.zend.com

    But, you wanted freeware for windows, right? Programmers File Editor is
    free

    http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe/
    Jay Guest

  4. #4

    Nico Berg <mailto:xs4all.nl>
    on Thursday, October 02, 2003 5:09 AM said:

    HTML-Kit www.chami.com

    c.
    Chris Guest

  5. #5

    Hi, I have found the solution to my problem, I share it........
    http://phpeditors.linuxbackup.co.uk/

    Greetings and thanks,
    Nico

  6. #6

    Nico Berg <mailto:xs4all.nl>
    on Friday, October 03, 2003 12:38 AM said:

    OOH! OOH! OOH! This should be added to the weekly PHP Newbie post!!!!!!!

    chris.
    Chris Guest

  7. #7

    Default File Download

    Hi there,

    I would like to send an arbitrary file to a user. This file will be on
    the server in the PHP directory. I will also want to rename it before
    it is sent, but keep the old file with the old filename.

    Any help is appreciated...
    Thanks,
    Grant

    --
    Grant Rutherford
    Iders Incorporated
    600A Clifton Street
    Winnipeg, MB
    R3G 2X6
    http://www.iders.ca
    tel: 204-779-5400 ext 36
    fax: 204-779-5444
    ================================
    Iders Incorporated: Confidential
    ================================
    Note: This message is intended solely for the use of the designated
    recipient(s) and their appointed delegates, and may contain
    confidential information. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying or
    distribution of its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have
    received this message in error, please destroy it and advise the sender
    immediately by phone, Email or facsimile.
    Grant Guest

  8. #8

    Default Re: [PHP] File Download

    Maybe I should clarify this:

    I have a the php file:
    /var/www/html/dev/view_files_disply.php

    This file accepts a POST argument which identifies $filename (example
    1392_foobar.txt) of a file stored on the server at:
    /var/www/html/files/1392_foobar.txt

    This filename is generated by PHP and is therefore rather cryptic. I
    have more meaningful filenames stored in a database
    example: 1392_foobar.txt -> foobar.txt

    I would like the view_files_display.php script to send the appropriate
    file to the user, with the appropriate filename (foobar.txt), but to
    leave the file 1392_foobar.txt on the server unmodified for future requests.

    I am currently considering copying the file and renaming it, and then
    using a header(location=) to redirect the user to the renamed file, but
    I'm not sure how to ensure that the temporary file is deleted afterwards.

    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Grant

    Grant Rutherford wrote: