Professional Web Applications Themes

php Tool - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hi, i am looking for a software that will help me to manage my PHP scritps within an application. Like a different color, a way to find and access all my classes and functions, a debugger etc etc. Do you know a software like that? I tried [url]http://www.phpedit.com/[/url] but didn't manage to use it. It does not recognise $_SESSION and stop the debugging!! Also, my php files are all on a UNIX server . Currently I use ULTRAEdit and open my files by FTP, so I also need a way to open the files from FTP with this great tool. ...

  1. #1

    Default PHP Tool

    Hi,

    i am looking for a software that will help me to manage my PHP scritps
    within an application.
    Like a different color, a way to find and access all my classes and
    functions, a debugger etc etc.

    Do you know a software like that?
    I tried [url]http://www.phpedit.com/[/url] but didn't manage to use it.
    It does not recognise $_SESSION and stop the debugging!!

    Also, my php files are all on a UNIX server . Currently I use ULTRAEdit and
    open my files by FTP, so I also need a way to open the files from FTP with
    this great tool. (it is not possible with PHP EDIT).

    Thanks you very much

    Rodolphe
    PS: if you also know a web site which speack about PHP with tutorials,
    newsgroup, list of scripts, list of best tools to use etc etc, i will be
    interressed.

    Rod Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PHP Tool

    Rod wrote:
    > Also, my php files are all on a UNIX server . Currently I use ULTRAEdit and
    > open my files by FTP, so I also need a way to open the files from FTP with
    > this great tool. (it is not possible with PHP EDIT).
    One thing that I have found to be helpful is to use Ultraedit (because I
    like the fact I can customize my syntax files) and the scp client found
    at [url]http://www.ssh.com[/url]

    I simply doulbe click the file in the server window of the scp client,
    and UE opens it up for editing. When I save and switch back to the scp
    client, it prompts me to upload and overwrite the file. Now quite as
    slick as editing the file directly on the server, but close.

    --
    Justin Koivisto - [email]spamkoivi.com[/email]
    PHP POSTERS: Please use comp.lang.php for PHP related questions,

    Justin Koivisto Guest

  3. #3

    hi,

    sorry but I'm not sure to understand.
    With UltraEdit you can already open files from a FTP server and save them
    directly.
    This is easy. You don't know something else.
    And you even can create a project and associate a list of files from a FTP
    server so it can open all of them once.

    My question is: do you know a DEBUGGER (a step by step debugger). So you can
    execute your script line per line and see the values of all the variables in
    a frame (like with C++ etc etc)

  4. #4

    Rod wrote:
    > With UltraEdit you can already open files from a FTP server and save them
    > directly.
    > This is easy. You don't know something else.
    > And you even can create a project and associate a list of files from a FTP
    > server so it can open all of them once.
    Yes, but not all servers have FTP enabled because of security (like all
    the servers I work on)...

  5. #5

    Justin Koivisto wrote:
    > Rod wrote:
    >
    >> With UltraEdit you can already open files from a FTP server and save them
    >> directly.
    >> This is easy. You don't know something else.
    >> And you even can create a project and associate a list of files from a
    >> FTP
    >> server so it can open all of them once.
    >

    > Yes, but not all servers have FTP enabled because of security (like all
    > the servers I work on)...

    Why don't you install the FrontPage extensions then you can use HTTP PUT
    it's perfectly secure </sarcasm>

    Kevin Thorpe Guest

  6. #6

    Kevin Thorpe wrote:
    > Justin Koivisto wrote:
    >
    >> Rod wrote:
    >>
    >>> With UltraEdit you can already open files from a FTP server and save
    >>> them
    >>> directly.
    >>> This is easy. You don't know something else.
    >>> And you even can create a project and associate a list of files from
    >>> a FTP
    >>> server so it can open all of them once.
    >>

    >> Yes, but not all servers have FTP enabled because of security (like
    >> all the servers I work on)...
    >>
    > Why don't you install the FrontPage extensions then you can use HTTP PUT
    > it's perfectly secure </sarcasm>

    *wiping*tears*from*eyes*

    Thanks for the laugh!!

  7. #7

    Try the following. Make sure you install the plug-ins for PHP.

    [url]http://www.chami.com/html-kit/[/url]

    > Kevin Thorpe wrote:
    >
    > > Justin Koivisto wrote:

    > >> Yes, but not all servers have FTP enabled because of security (like
    > >> all the servers I work on)...
    > >>
    > > Why don't you install the FrontPage extensions then you can use HTTP PUT
    > > it's perfectly secure </sarcasm>
    > >

    > *wiping*tears*from*eyes*
    >
    > Thanks for the laugh!!
    >
    > --
    > Justin Koivisto - [email]spamkoivi.com[/email]
    > PHP POSTERS: Please use comp.lang.php for PHP related questions,
    > alt.php* groups are not recommended.

    Chassy of Baja Guest

  8. #8

    sorry, I did a mistake in one of my sentence (sorry for my bad english).
    I said:
    This is easy. You don't know something else.
    I meant:
    This is easy. You don't NEED something else.

    Rodolphe

  9. #9

    Hi,

    I was following the Blog tutorial from Macromedia (PHP, SQL). I configured
    php, now I wanted to create a SQL database. I am totally new to it. In the
    tutorial, it refers for a php program (editor?) myPHPadmin. When I try to
    download it, the file does not continue a setup.exe or sth a like. Can sb help
    me and point to another SQL program? OR am I missing sth>

    tutorial:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/php_blog1_05.html[/url]
    myphpAdmin: [url]http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/[/url]

    Am I overseeing sth?