Professional Web Applications Themes

PHP5beta2 - anyone successfully installed in - PHP Development

windows xp with apache2? I follow all the instruction but I still got the following error when starting the apache2: The Apache service named reported the following error: >>> Cannot load c:/Apps/php5/php4apache2.dll into server: The specified module could not be found. . For more information, see Help and Support Center at [url]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp[/url]....

  1. #1

    Default PHP5beta2 - anyone successfully installed in

    windows xp with apache2?

    I follow all the instruction but I still got the following error when
    starting the apache2:

    The Apache service named reported the following error:
    >>> Cannot load c:/Apps/php5/php4apache2.dll into server: The specified
    module could not be found. .

    [url]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp[/url].

    Useko Netsumi Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PHP5beta2 - anyone successfully installed in

    Well, out of frustration, I put everything in one directory, EXCEPT cli
    directory. It works. Somehow the install.txt missing something ...

    Anyway, the apache2 & php5beta2 are running ... BUT not quite.

    All my MySQL apps stops working! The saga continues.

  3. #3

    Useko Netsumi wrote:
    > the apache2 & php5beta2 are running ... BUT not quite.
    >
    > All my MySQL apps stops working! The saga continues.

    See
    <http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.databases.php#faq.databases.mysql.php5>

    Keith Bowes Guest

  4. #4

    I did it, and actually i'm running both php 4.3.4 and php5 beta 2 on windows
    xp with apache2 as http server
    Of course they are running as cgi, not apache module
    To install successfully as apache module, you need to copy both
    php4apace2.dll and php4ts.dll in the {APACHE INSTALL DIR}/modules directory.
    Then make changes in the config files and copy php.ini in {WINDOWS}
    (first of all remeber to delete any old .dll's from php 4 in apache dirs or
    windows and windows/system32 dir)
    If you haven't make mistakes, you will only need to restart apache2

    I think it's better to install php as cgi, even because you may have both
    stable and beta version
    Simply use 2 different folders (eg php and php5) and in apache config files
    use standard extensions for php4 cgi and create a new php5 extension for
    beta version
    Remember to copy all the dll in {php}/dll to php path, to edit the extension
    command in php.ini and, very important, do not put your php.ini in {windows}
    but leave it in the same path as php.exe.
    Thus you will have a different ini file for php4 and php5.
    If you should have any trouble with mysql in php5 (i dont have any, indeed)
    probably it's because you need to enable php extension for mysql in php.ini
    and copy libmysql.dll in {PHP}path (ias i've done, but it is not a pleasant
    solution) or in windows/system32 (probably the best way)

    Everything shuld work fine (on my pc it does)

    Hope this will help you
    Regards
    Andrea

    andrea Guest

  5. #5

    the php_mysql.so modules that came with php 5 distribution gave me an error
    during startup. Where do you get libmysql.dll? Is it for the latest MySQL
    version 4.0.x? Thanks

    At any case, the apache2 and PHP4 now are running, but without MySQL
    loaded. Perhaps you can tell me where to get the latest libmysql.dll or
    php_mysql.dll binary.

    You mentioned to run php in cgi mode, what's the different with running it
    in Apache modules? Is it less/more secure, etc... Thanks

    "andrea" <techrefdespammed.com> wrote in message
    > I did it, and actually i'm running both php 4.3.4 and php5 beta 2 on
    windows
    > xp with apache2 as http server
    > Of course they are running as cgi, not apache module
    > To install successfully as apache module, you need to copy both
    > php4apace2.dll and php4ts.dll in the {APACHE INSTALL DIR}/modules
    directory.
    > Then make changes in the config files and copy php.ini in {WINDOWS}
    > (first of all remeber to delete any old .dll's from php 4 in apache dirs
    or
    > windows and windows/system32 dir)
    > If you haven't make mistakes, you will only need to restart apache2
    >
    > I think it's better to install php as cgi, even because you may have both
    > stable and beta version
    > Simply use 2 different folders (eg php and php5) and in apache config
    files
    > use standard extensions for php4 cgi and create a new php5 extension for
    > beta version
    > Remember to copy all the dll in {php}/dll to php path, to edit the
    extension
    > command in php.ini and, very important, do not put your php.ini in
    {windows}
    > but leave it in the same path as php.exe.
    > Thus you will have a different ini file for php4 and php5.
    > If you should have any trouble with mysql in php5 (i dont have any,
    indeed)
    > probably it's because you need to enable php extension for mysql in
    php.ini
    > and copy libmysql.dll in {PHP}path (ias i've done, but it is not a
    pleasant
    > solution) or in windows/system32 (probably the best way)
    >
    > Everything shuld work fine (on my pc it does)
    >
    > Hope this will help you
    > Regards
    > Andrea

    Useko Netsumi Guest

  6. #6

    I found the libmysql.dll which is in the dlls directory ... but its not a
    module extension for php. Just to let you know.

    How did you get your php5/apache2/mysql4 running? Thanks

    "andrea" <techrefdespammed.com> wrote in message
    > I did it, and actually i'm running both php 4.3.4 and php5 beta 2 on
    windows
    > xp with apache2 as http server
    > Of course they are running as cgi, not apache module
    > To install successfully as apache module, you need to copy both
    > php4apace2.dll and php4ts.dll in the {APACHE INSTALL DIR}/modules
    directory.
    > Then make changes in the config files and copy php.ini in {WINDOWS}
    > (first of all remeber to delete any old .dll's from php 4 in apache dirs
    or
    > windows and windows/system32 dir)
    > If you haven't make mistakes, you will only need to restart apache2
    >
    > I think it's better to install php as cgi, even because you may have both
    > stable and beta version
    > Simply use 2 different folders (eg php and php5) and in apache config
    files
    > use standard extensions for php4 cgi and create a new php5 extension for
    > beta version
    > Remember to copy all the dll in {php}/dll to php path, to edit the
    extension
    > command in php.ini and, very important, do not put your php.ini in
    {windows}
    > but leave it in the same path as php.exe.
    > Thus you will have a different ini file for php4 and php5.
    > If you should have any trouble with mysql in php5 (i dont have any,
    indeed)
    > probably it's because you need to enable php extension for mysql in
    php.ini
    > and copy libmysql.dll in {PHP}path (ias i've done, but it is not a
    pleasant
    > solution) or in windows/system32 (probably the best way)
    >
    > Everything shuld work fine (on my pc it does)
    >
    > Hope this will help you
    > Regards
    > Andrea

    Useko Netsumi Guest

  7. #7

    Useko Netsumi wrote:

    > You mentioned to run php in cgi mode, what's the different with running it
    > in Apache modules? Is it less/more secure, etc... Thanks

    It's less secure, but the PHP module for Apache 2 is still experimental.

    Keith Bowes Guest