Professional Web Applications Themes

pictures on website not working - Web Design

David, am I going down the wrong path trying to compose a simple website with pictures using Word and saving the result as an .htm doent? Your comments to rositabean re Publisher look as if they might relate to the problems I'm having in that area. Thanks ----- David Bartosik - MS MVP wrote: ---- You are using it in it's original XML mode which AOL may not support Additionally the sub folder is causing you head-aches First order of business is to install the Service Packs First go to [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002.htm[/url] and go thru the first articles and then go ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: pictures on website not working

    ----- David Bartosik - MS MVP wrote: ----

    You are using it in it's original XML mode which AOL may not support
    Additionally the sub folder is causing you head-aches
    First order of business is to install the Service Packs
    First go to [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002.htm[/url] and go thru the first
    articles and then go get and install Sp1 Sp2 Sp3
    Then visit [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm[/url] and go thru the tutorial o
    uploading with 2002. It covers the support folder use and how to properl
    save and publish the site

    --
    David Bartosik - MS MV
    for Publisher help

    "rositabean" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag
    > I am about ready to give up on my Publisher 2002 and sell it. I have trie
    to make web pages using the program which look fine in the program and see
    okay in the preview but which do not work once actually uploaded to my FT
    space on AOL. The text and some word art shows up on the page, but the gif
    and jpegs are just error red "X"s. I have tried to see if I could get a mos
    basic site to work by creating a page that is blank except for ONE jpeg i
    the middle of it
    >> I called this doent "page" and when I saved it as a web page it gave m
    the HTML doent called "page" and a folder called "page_files". Insid
    this folder is an XML doent called "filelist", an HTML doent calle
    "pubmaster001" and even though I only put one image on the page in th
    program, I have 2 images "image001" and "image002" which are identica
    images except one is smaller in dimensions and file size than the other
    >> I uploaded "page", "pubmaster", "filelist", and both "image001" an
    "image002" to my FTP space and the page does not work, all I get is a re
    "X" in place of the picture
    >> I know my FTP space has room and another webpage that I created usin
    FrontPage in that FTP space works just fine, so it is not that I put th
    files in the wrong place or have an incorrect URL
    >> I want to know if there is something else I need to do to get the picture
    to show up and if it is normal for the program to duplicate my pictures
    "http://members.aol.com/rositabean/page/page.htm" in case it helps
    >> Thank

    Troubled Ted Guest

  2. #2

    I'm not familiar with producing web pages in Word.
    I don't know what thread you are referring to nor what your issue may be.

    --
    David Bartosik - MS MVP
    for Publisher help:

    "Troubled Ted" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > David, am I going down the wrong path trying to compose a simple website
    with pictures using Word and saving the result as an .htm doent? Your
    comments to rositabean re Publisher look as if they might relate to the
    problems I'm having in that area. Thanks.

    > ----- David Bartosik - MS MVP wrote: -----
    >
    > You are using it in it's original XML mode which AOL may not support.
    > Additionally the sub folder is causing you head-aches.
    > First order of business is to install the Service Packs.
    > First go to [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002.htm[/url] and go thru the
    first 4
    > articles and then go get and install Sp1 Sp2 Sp3.
    > Then visit [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm[/url] and go thru the
    tutorial on
    > uploading with 2002. It covers the support folder use and how to
    properly
    > save and publish the site.
    >
    > --
    > David Bartosik - MS MVP
    > for Publisher help:
    > [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url]
    > enter to win Pub 2003:
    > [url]www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx[/url]
    >

    > "rositabean" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am about ready to give up on my Publisher 2002 and sell it. I
    have tried
    > to make web pages using the program which look fine in the program
    and seem
    > okay in the preview but which do not work once actually uploaded to
    my FTP
    > space on AOL. The text and some word art shows up on the page, but
    the gifs
    > and jpegs are just error red "X"s. I have tried to see if I could get
    a most
    > basic site to work by creating a page that is blank except for ONE
    jpeg in
    > the middle of it.
    > >> I called this doent "page" and when I saved it as a web page it
    gave me
    > the HTML doent called "page" and a folder called "page_files".
    Inside
    > this folder is an XML doent called "filelist", an HTML doent
    called
    > "pubmaster001" and even though I only put one image on the page in
    the
    > program, I have 2 images "image001" and "image002" which are
    identical
    > images except one is smaller in dimensions and file size than the
    other.
    > >> I uploaded "page", "pubmaster", "filelist", and both "image001"
    and
    > "image002" to my FTP space and the page does not work, all I get is a
    red
    > "X" in place of the picture.
    > >> I know my FTP space has room and another webpage that I created
    using
    > FrontPage in that FTP space works just fine, so it is not that I put
    the
    > files in the wrong place or have an incorrect URL.
    > >> I want to know if there is something else I need to do to get the
    pictures
    > to show up and if it is normal for the program to duplicate my
    pictures.
    > >> The useless site for "page" is
    > "http://members.aol.com/rositabean/page/page.htm" in case it helps.
    > >> Thanks