Professional Web Applications Themes

Pirated resell or good deal? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I can't tell if this is an illegal site or a really good deal? http://www.softbackups.com/mac.html I was about to buy a few programs from them but don't see any usual contact info or terms of use in there, makes me suspitious......

  1. #1

    Default Pirated resell or good deal?

    I can't tell if this is an illegal site or a really good deal?
    http://www.softbackups.com/mac.html
    I was about to buy a few programs from them but don't see any usual contact
    info or terms of use in there, makes me suspitious...

    graficus Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pirated resell or good deal?

    Pirated programs
    "graficus" <ab.c> wrote in message
    contact

    Showjumper Guest

  3. #3

    "graficus" <ab.c> wrote in message
    contact

    The prices are too low. This falls into the category of, if something sounds
    too good to be true, it probably is. I think this statement pretty well sums
    it up:

    <quote>
    Our products can not be registered with the software company however this
    will not effect the use of the program in any way. If you are needing some
    support, we recommend you buy some cheap tutorials off of sites such as
    ebay, they will usually run around $20.00
    </quote>

    Between that and the fact that there is no availability of actual CD's or
    hardcopy doentation, I'd say it's pirated software. The site claims to
    have been in business for over three years, but their domain record was only
    created four days ago. I would be extremely suspicious about whether or not
    you would actually ever even receive the software.

    Gary

    Gary Guest

  4. #4

    If I had to guess.... I would say this site looks SUSPICIOUSLY like a
    company that I accidently Googled into called MAXSTACK and then subsequently
    couldn't find again (i.e. they disappeared with nary a vapor trail). Right
    down the the same and limited inventory although the layout seems to have
    changed a bit.

    ONLY form of payment is Paypal, which offers very little in the way of
    payment disputes.

    Only form of contact is a Yahoo account.

    Give it a few weeks and I expect the poles will be taken down and tents will
    be folded up. About the only thing you should order from them is and
    overcooked hot dog and some stale cotton candy (although I didn't see it in
    the inventory). The resulting head/belly-aches will be the same as if you
    order the software.

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "graficus" <ab.c> wrote in message
    contact

    Sam Guest

  5. #5

    The "Deals and Steals" proclamation ought to be enough to say "Runaway!!"

    --
    BR
    "foosball is th' DEVIL, Bobby Bouchet"

    "graficus" <ab.c> wrote in message
    contact

    Bill Guest

  6. #6

    Doesn't this line directly from this page
    http://www.softbackups.com/comp.html tell you all:

    Our products can not be registered with the software company however this
    will not effect the use of the program in any way. If you are needing some
    support, we recommend you buy some cheap tutorials off of sites such as
    ebay, they will usually run around $20.00

    --
    Regards,

    Kim
    "graficus" <ab.c> wrote in message
    contact

    KimMazz Guest

  7. #7

    Looks like someone official came across the site since this is what you
    now get when you click the link:

    This domain has temporarily been disabled.
    To restore the domain, contact your Customer Support.

    I wonder if he will be calling customer support? LOL

    Dammacx Guest

  8. #8

    Well I would also think the domain would be a good indication too. At least
    in this case. Softbackups????

    "graficus" <ab.c> wrote in message
    contact

    nospam Guest