Professional Web Applications Themes

Placing html in fireworks - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi IM relatively new to fireworks and dreamweaver adn i have a proble. I have made a website design using fireworks which has a navbar, banner and a rectangle that i want to put content in. However I cant seem to make the recatngle active for me to type anything into it (html, text etc). I have tried slicing everything around it and then exporting it to dreamweaver but it sees this recatngle as an image. Hope ive explained this well enough for someone to help me thankyou andy...

  1. #1

    Default Placing html in fireworks

    Hi IM relatively new to fireworks and dreamweaver adn i have a proble. I have made a website design using fireworks which has a navbar, banner and a rectangle that i want to put content in. However I cant seem to make the recatngle active for me to type anything into it (html, text etc). I have tried slicing everything around it and then exporting it to dreamweaver but it sees this recatngle as an image. Hope ive explained this well enough for someone to help me
    thankyou andy

    andyorriss Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Placing html in fireworks

    If you crating the slice in FW, you can change the *type* of slice by
    selecting it, and making the change in the Properties Inspector. Or in DW,
    you can just delete the graphic. You'll have an empty table cell in which
    you can add some text.

    A word of warning, though. If you are using the html page and table crated
    by FW, the table could *break* if you add too much text, or if the viewer of
    the page has different text default settings.

    The best recommendation is to create your design in FW, slice as needed,
    then build the table within DW and insert the graphics. It will give you the
    most control and flexibility.

    HTH

    --

    -

    "andyorriss" <com> wrote in message
    have made a website design using fireworks which has a navbar, banner and a
    rectangle that i want to put content in. However I cant seem to make the
    recatngle active for me to type anything into it (html, text etc). I have
    tried slicing everything around it and then exporting it to dreamweaver but
    it sees this recatngle as an image. Hope ive explained this well enough for
    someone to help me

    Jim Guest

  3. #3

    Also, if you know HTML, you can make your text area an iFrame or a div layer. That way, you can scroll without breaking anything, and have as much text as you like.

    If you want to type on the "images" that you exported, what you do is:

    1.) Click on that specific image (or slice) that you want to write on
    2.) Then go down to Src on the nav bar at the bottom, where it will have the image name that you just selected. Hit cut (control x) - this will make the image "temporarily disappear".
    4.) Finally, go back down to the nav bar, and paste,/b] (control V) the image name into the Bg (background) field.

    Now you may type there. But like Jim said, it can still break (unles you make it a div layer or iFrame).

    =)
    Tiff

    homepage
    etiphany Guest