Professional Web Applications Themes

Player 9.0.115.0 MP3 issues - Macromedia Flash Player

I have multiple Flash applications in use by major clients. Since the release of Player 9.0.115.0 we have been bombarded with support calls due to this Player. The major issue we are having is the incorrect seeking of MP3 files. If I tell an MP3 to start 4 seconds into a 10 second MP3 file, it starts playback at 8 seconds. OK, simply fix is to divide the start position by 2. However we are doing further calculations based on the MP3 current playback position and it?s now off by a factor of 2, also I fear that the position ...

  1. #1

    Default Player 9.0.115.0 MP3 issues

    I have multiple Flash applications in use by major clients. Since the release
    of Player 9.0.115.0 we have been bombarded with support calls due to this
    Player.
    The major issue we are having is the incorrect seeking of MP3 files. If I tell
    an MP3 to start 4 seconds into a 10 second MP3 file, it starts playback at 8
    seconds. OK, simply fix is to divide the start position by 2. However we are
    doing further calculations based on the MP3 current playback position and it?s
    now off by a factor of 2, also I fear that the position reported by the MP3 is
    incorrect ? It?s all very strange.

    This Player has broken major applications for our company. Flash based
    applications which have gone through extensive QA cycles now have issues.

    Can someone from Adobe please give feedback on this?
    Is this a known issue?
    When is there likely to be a fix and in what version?
    I feel that we can develop a temporary fix for this player release however I
    don?t want to re-visit this same issue if it?s still present in the next player.

    Regards

    John

    WaaZ Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Player 9.0.115.0 MP3 issues

    Bump.

    I can live in hope that someone will be able to provide help.

    WaaZ Guest

  3. #3

    Join the club, WaaZ. I'm a content author and have made several hundred videos
    for clients and students over the past few years that have now been "broken" on
    the sound track because of Adobe's release of the FlashPlayer from Hell! It
    introduces alien noises, gurlgles, whoops, boings, etc.
    If you have their Dec 3, 2007 update of FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 your content is
    ed. Camtasia provided me with a utility called SWFMP3FIXER but it involves
    dropping each .swf file into it to fix, then you have to re-upload the new .swf
    to your server and/or re-master new DVDs or CDs with the new .swf. Is this not
    a nightmare? And why Adobe still is distributing this FlashPlayer, I have NO
    IDEA!

    shancan Guest

  4. #4

    On Jan 16, 11:43am, "WaaZ" <com> wrote:

    Anyone got any answers to this?
    davidcratcliff@gmail.com Guest

  5. #5

    We are experiencing severe problems with this. Has anyone found a workaround or news from Adobe?
    Troubleatmill Guest

  6. #6

    Adobe released v9.0.115.0 on 12/3/07, and it appears that users began
    complaining about the problem shortly thereafter. We're coming up on 3 months
    since v9.0.115.0 was released, but no newer version of Flash Player has been
    released to fix the problem.

    The alternative from a user standpoint is to downgrade to a Flash Player
    version that has known security holes, so no Flash author could ever ethically
    recommend a downgrade.

    Perhaps this just isn't a big enough issue to warrant a new version of Flash
    Player. Has the issue even been covered by the media? If not, then it may only
    be considered minor and might be fixed in a future FP version released for
    other reasons.

    As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

    tsmith35 Guest

  7. #7

    Thanks for the response. My business depends on flash and this upgrade is a disaster.

    I agree 3 months is a long time and that is what worries me.

    Anyone any idea how or who to contact at Adobe?
    Troubleatmill Guest

  8. #8

    I get the feeling of watching tumble weed ing passed with respect to Adobes
    support on this Player 9.0.115 release.

    This has cost the company I work for a considerable amount of money, in time
    and effort to ?patch? current live products which had no issues previously.

    The fact that Adobe won?t even give a timeframe of when the next release of
    the Player will be and what issues they are planning on fix does cause
    considerable concern.

    Guess I should have used Silverlight!

    WaaZ Guest

  9. #9

    Yes ......considerable concern. Our product has been delayed since December
    because of this and I have no idea what to do. We are loosing money every day
    with no end in site. Everything worked perfectly until they released 9.0.115

    Troubleatmill Guest

  10. #10

    Camtasia Studio: $299. Adobe Flash CS3 Professional: $699. Breaking Flash Player and not fixing it for going on a full quarter: Priceless.

    Apologies to MasterCard.
    tsmith35 Guest

  11. #11

    We also experience lots of audio related problems with the .115 release. On .47
    it worked perfectly. Has there really been no patch for 3 months???? Have
    anyone seen some sort of acknowledgement from Adobe?
    If the Camtasia lot have a fix how come there isn't one for the rest of us?
    This is a lot of downtime for us and might be devastating should we not get
    some relieable info soon.
    There are two major issues (might be related though)
    1. Multiple audio playback is out of sync on 9.0.115
    2. Timebar issues, see first entry in this thread...
    Time seems to be the keyword here.....
    Anyone?

    B.Holden Guest

  12. #12

    Bump..........help!
    Troubleatmill Guest

  13. #13

    Bump..........help!
    Troubleatmill Guest

  14. #14

    It appears that nobody at Adobe is willing to update the forums with any news
    about this issue. I don't see the mp3 sound issue mentioned in any of the
    online news sources, so perhaps it only affects a few people and isn't
    worthwhile for Adobe to devote any resources towards finding a solution.

    As of yesterday, FP 9.0.115.0 reached 3 months old. Hopefully a replacement
    will show up soon.

    tsmith35 Guest

  15. #15

    I'm an instructor at a local community college and I can tell you this DOES
    affect our instructional video content and that of most Universities and
    Colleges. It also affects the SCORM quizzes that can be generated in Flash!
    I've posted several times here about it! The release of 9.0.115.0 is a HUGE
    boo-boo that has been festering for 3 months (Dec 3, 2007 release)!

    It is totally negligent of Adobe to continue to distribute the current
    FlashPlayer! As I've said before, if Adobe was the FDA and there was a can of
    soup on the grocery shelves containing botulism, Adobe's stand would be to tell
    the general public. "Don't worry we' re working on a cure but we're going to
    continue to leave the soup on the grocery shelves!"

    shancan Guest

  16. #16

    It definetly affects us too.
    We have spent lots of development money on an app that was about to be
    released and got totally massacred by this release. Now we are working like
    lunatics to find workarounds and spending more money. I think Adobe usually
    supply great updates and obviously Flash is a product we cannot live without
    but that being said, we think it is remarkable that this issue hasn't even been
    commented by Adobe. The fact that a new update takes 3 months to create is
    something we're going to have to accept and respect but this silence is really
    scaring us because it cannot, in any way, be yzed as a good sign. To be in
    the wrong end of this obvious tactics is painful and disappointing in many
    ways.
    Not expecting to hear any official statements here.
    If anyone, by any chance, find consistency and work-arounds, please post here.
    Peace
    B.Holden

    B.Holden Guest

  17. #17

    To B.Holden
    I took matters into my own hands in January. You can read my lengthy blog in
    my forum here:
    http://www.photoshopmama.net/forum/index.php?topic=78.0

    If it will help, you should get the SWFMP3FIXER from the folks at TechSmith
    (Camtasia Studio). This has worked to fix our videos...but not without effort
    and extra time! Since my livelyhood depends on my instructional videos, I knew
    back then I needed to take matters into my own hands, rather than wait for
    Adobe to address the issue. Their refusal to remove the faulty FlashPlayer, was
    proof enough for me that the problems would only increase exponentially!
    Good Luck!

    shancan Guest

  18. #18

    Thank you.
    I don't think my developers are using Camtasia and knowing how this world works i guess they only support fixing .swf;s that was made in their software right?

    B.Holden Guest

  19. #19

    It fixes the out-of-sync sound track so it will play normally in Flashplayer
    9.0.115.0, zapping the alien noises. If the mp3 codec in conjunction with your
    ..swf is where your problem lies, too, I would imagine their little utility
    would fix your .swf files.-- the .swf file is the only part of the folder
    package that I drop into the "fixit" window. It also provides an option to
    create a backup, which I also did....just in case! It would be horrible if
    after Adobe fixes their player, if the new fixed .swf files had problems. At
    least I've got a backup.

    shancan Guest

  20. #20

    Maybe we should all try to describe our specific problems, maybe there is more than one bug here....
    I get the timeline issue and the out of sync issue.
    On the .47 release it was perfect....
    B.Holden Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast