Professional Web Applications Themes

Player Dwnld Wont Work: for IE7 Road Runner - Macromedia Flash Player

Hi, i've been having the download problem for a while now and nothing seems to work. This is what I did: first of all I have Vista and RoadRunner IE7 on my comp and its my home page, as soon as i click on IE a popup shows up saying that it needs permission to continue the "Internet Explorer Add-On Installer", then i click continue and nothing happens for a few seconds and the sign appears again, over and over. After reading some of the forums I tried everything I saw: 1) tried uninstalling (uninstall worked) and installing the new ...

  1. #1

    Default Player Dwnld Wont Work: for IE7 Road Runner

    Hi,
    i've been having the download problem for a while now and nothing seems to
    work. This is what I did: first of all I have Vista and RoadRunner IE7 on my
    comp and its my home page, as soon as i click on IE a popup shows up saying
    that it needs permission to continue the "Internet Explorer Add-On Installer",
    then i click continue and nothing happens for a few seconds and the sign
    appears again, over and over.

    After reading some of the forums I tried everything I saw:
    1) tried uninstalling (uninstall worked) and installing the new one...when on
    the adobe download page for Flash Player...nothing happens, i dont get a pop up
    or anything...it just shows the page
    2) i tried cleaning the registry files using the "Subinacl" and
    "reset-minimal"...the same things happens when i try to log on IE and download
    the new Flash Player
    3) RoadRunner can only operate with the new version of Flash Player, so i just
    tried typing in "www.rr.com" in the address bar and a page different than the
    home page of RR pops up...it has a button to download the new version, which
    just relocates to the adobe page referred in step 1 and the same thing
    happens...not able to install

    I dont know what else i have missed from the forums...i thought i did
    everything everyone has said to do

    someone please help me
    thanks,
    alex

    AlexISconfused Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Player Dwnld Wont Work: for IE7 Road Runner

    Hi Alex,

    Please try to install the stand alone Flash Player from here:

    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166 - Half way down the page:

    [Download and unzip Install_Flash_Player_9_ActiveX.zip.]

    In addition, be sure that before installing Flash Player, check the following
    browser settings:
    Internet Explorer ActiveX settings
    Browser security settings should be chosen by you or by your system
    administrator. For single users who do not have an administrator, the Medium:
    Default Level allows you to view Flash content. For any Custom Level, ensure
    that both the "Download Signed ActiveX controls" and "Run ActiveX controls and
    plug-ins" options are set to "Prompt".

    To change your security level:
    1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Choose Tools > Internet Options.
    3. Select the Security tab.
    4. Choose Internet.
    5. Click Custom Level.
    6. Ensure that the Download Signed ActiveX Controls option is set to Prompt.
    7. Ensure that the Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins option is set to Prompt.
    If you are having trouble installing, make sure that your Internet Explorer
    security level is not set to High or to a custom level that does not allow
    viewing of ActiveX controls.

    Darren Guest

  3. #3

    when i install the standalone player it says that "you are trying to install is not the most current version please go to adobe.com to install the current and more secure version"
    AlexISconfused Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Alex,

    If you are getting this error ?the player you are trying to install is not the
    most current version? you most likely installed the beta version of Flash
    Player.

    The Flash Player has a security model in place that prevents the downgrade of
    Flash Player.

    To resolve this issue so that you can revert to Flash Player 9.0.47.0 please
    follow these instructions:

    Due to security features in the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Control, you must
    first remove all existing installations of Flash Player from your Windows
    system before installing prerelease versions of the Flash Player ActiveX
    Control:

    1. Download the Uninstaller
    [ http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157 ]
    2. Open the Windows Command Prompt ( Run > cmd ).
    3. Navigate to the directory where the uninstaller was downloaded.
    4. Run "uninstall_flash_player.exe /clean."

    Another way that you can resolve this is to open the system registry.

    1. Select Start and choose Run
    2. Type in ?regedit?
    3. Navigate to

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer \SafeVersions

    Delete the entry for 9.0 on the right panel of the system registry

    Install Flash Player.

    Darren Guest

  5. #5

    i did that and nothing different happens
    AlexISconfused Guest

  6. #6

    You just told me in a private message that after following these steps you successfully installed the stand alone Flash Player. Did I misread you here?
    Darren Guest

  7. #7

    ya it said it installed and was completed but yet websites are still not recognizing it...they are still lacking the features that are normally there
    AlexISconfused Guest

  8. #8

    Just to let all the readers know, my situation as described in the first post
    of this topic is unique. The situation is that my computer and websites will
    not recognize the flash player; it will install but it wont recognize it.
    Darren, of Adobe said this has happened in four other cases and he and other
    developers and technicians are currently working on a way to fix it. He will
    keep me and others posted on this topic, so stay in touch.

    hope this helps,
    alex

    AlexISconfused Guest

  9. #9

    Alex,

    I have been having the same problems with Roadrunner and other pages that
    require Flash. I have experienced this with two seperate laptops from
    different manufacturers. OS is XP Pro and IE7. It can be very frustrating.
    The standalone player download sometimes works. I can't begin to tell you how
    many times I have uninstalled Flashplayer. The problems definitely started
    when I downloaded 9. I have had limited success with removing 9 and installing
    8, though some pages require 9 to work. The pages that require 9 give you no
    other alternative but to use Flash. I will be watching this post closely.

    jenks318 Guest

  10. #10

    I followed Darren's instructions and have a working Flashplayer on the web
    pages it did not work, including Roadrunner's homepage. One aspect of the
    instructions on uninstalling the player may be closing all browsers before
    uninstalling. This would probably insure that the activex add in is not being
    used while uninstalling. I will keep you updated to see if this is a permanent
    fix, or temporary. I have temporarily got it to work with uninstall and
    re-install only to have it now work the next day after rebooting the computer.

    jenks318 Guest

  11. #11

    ok thank you jenks for trying to help...i will try that, but Darren spent a
    whole night pretty much with me and we tried everything; he took control of my
    desktop and tried to do it himself and still nothing lol...he said that somehow
    i cant view dynamic pods =(

    AlexISconfused Guest

  12. #12

    All you have to do is restore your system to the date that you started to experience this issue and all is well!!!
    AlexISconfused Guest

  13. #13

    I have tried all off the registry bits and still nothing i did system restore
    before when i had this problem and it worked again but the error has happend
    again :S and i cannot restore because i have very important files now on my
    laptop that cannot be lost. im so disapointed that abode carnt fix this problem
    i have proberbly spent around 4 hours trying and trying.

    fergy Guest

  14. #14

    private message one of the adobe team members and ask them to help you...they will take control of your desktop and fix the problem themselves

    hope this helps,
    alex
    AlexISconfused Guest

  15. #15

    These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe products, and are
    not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you require direct
    assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly, please contact
    Adobe support.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Darren Guest

  16. #16

    try closing all browsers before uninstalling.

    hope this helps.
    Raja314 Guest

  17. #17

    did you tried using different browsers?
    TrilinearJet Guest

  18. #18

    Cleat the cache, close the browser, uninstall and re-install. It should work. I am positive.
    Blogrepreneur Guest

  19. #19

    Or if it doesn't work try other browser like mozilla .
    Andrey. Guest

  20. #20

    hi,
    Thanks for thist god post.