Professional Web Applications Themes

playing sound - HTML & CSS

Hello, If anyone knows is there possibilty to play mp3 track (for example, some default.mp3) without importing it into flash. Or, control over it should be from the flash, and flash may import it on-the-fly, but source of the mp3. stays in external file (so one can easily change intro melody only by changig default.mp3. Regards, Nenad...

  1. #1

    Default playing sound

    Hello,

    If anyone knows is there possibilty to play mp3 track (for example, some
    default.mp3) without importing it into flash.

    Or, control over it should be from the flash, and flash may import it
    on-the-fly, but source of the mp3. stays in external file (so one can easily
    change intro melody only by changig default.mp3.

    Regards,

    Nenad

    Nenad Pantic Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: playing sound

    "Nenad Pantic" <npanticnet4u.hr> wrote:
    > If anyone knows is there possibilty to play mp3 track (for example,
    > some default.mp3) without importing it into flash.
    >
    > Or, control over it should be from the flash, and flash may import
    > it on-the-fly, but source of the mp3. stays in external file (so
    > one can easily change intro melody only by changig default.mp3.
    Of course there is a possibility. Open Macromedia Flash and press "F1" for
    the help website. Then browse in the ActionScript reference for the Sound
    object. There you'll find some interesting stuff...

    If you want some examples click on this link:

    [url]http://www.flashkit.com/search.php?term=mp3[/url]

    Some problems which might arise are covered here:

    [url]http://groups.google.ch/groups?q=macromedia+flash+loadSound+mp3[/url]

    Best wishes, Martin * [url]http://birdy1976.com/[/url] * ICQ# 237743398

    Vögeli Martin, vom Guest

  3. #3

    I just want to create a code in the body of the html page so that when the
    page is loaded, it will play a music file in which the file is located in
    the internet with an url. How do I do this? anyone know the tag for this?
    I am a newbie to html code, and I dont' know much about tag or coding.

    Thank you.

    Richard Guest

  4. #4

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Richard"
    <nospamplease789> writing in
    > I just want to create a code in the body of the html page so that when
    > the page is loaded, it will play a music file in which the file is
    > located in the internet with an url. How do I do this? anyone know the
    > tag for this? I am a newbie to html code, and I dont' know much about
    > tag or coding.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Stop wanting that. Visitors may be annoyed if music start automatically
    playing. What if they are at work and don't want anyone to know they are
    on the net? What if they are at a library or Internet cafe and might
    disturb others? What if they are already listening to their favorite
    piece of music, and suddenly, it is interupted by yours?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    [url]http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info[/url]

  5. #5

    Adrienne wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Richard"
    > <nospamplease789> writing in
    >

    >>I just want to create a code in the body of the html page so that when
    >>the page is loaded, it will play a music file in which the file is
    >>located in the internet with an url. How do I do this? anyone know the
    >>tag for this? I am a newbie to html code, and I dont' know much about
    >>tag or coding.
    >>
    >>Thank you.
    >

    > Stop wanting that. Visitors may be annoyed if music start automatically
    > playing. What if they are at work and don't want anyone to know they are
    > on the net? What if they are at a library or Internet cafe and might
    > disturb others? What if they are already listening to their favorite
    > piece of music, and suddenly, it is interupted by yours?

    You have an excellent point. I had typed almost the same thing, and I
    was going to refer Richard to a few web pages that make the same
    recommendation. I'm sure that there's something on this site:

    [url]http://www.webpagesthat.com/[/url]

    On the other hand, Richard might be coding a site that only his close
    friends and family are going to visit, or he might have a buddy with a
    garage band. If that's the case, then he can search for these words and
    find the answer:

    html music automatically

    --
    Steven

    "When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,' I am always tempted
    to ask, 'Compared to what?'" -- Sydney Harris
    Steven (remove wax and invalid for reply) Guest

  6. #6

    The problem is that i found the code or tag before posting this question and
    I put it in there, but when the page loads, It isn't play. I thought I did
    something wrong and so I posted a question. Thank You all for all the
    comments, but I am still looking for an answer which is what newsgroups are
    about...hehehehe.

  7. #7

    > <unspamhal-pc.orgwax.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Adrienne wrote:
    >>> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Richard"
    >>> <nospamplease789> writing in
    >>>

    >>> Stop wanting that. Visitors may be annoyed if music start
    >>> automatically playing. What if they are at work and don't want
    >>> anyone to know they are on the net? What if they are at a library or
    >>> Internet cafe and might disturb others? What if they are already
    >>> listening to their favorite piece of music, and suddenly, it is
    >>> interupted by yours?
    >>>

    >> You have an excellent point. I had typed almost the same thing, and I
    >> was going to refer Richard to a few web pages that make the same
    >> recommendation. I'm sure that there's something on this site:
    >>
    >> [url]http://www.webpagesthat.com/[/url]
    >>
    >> On the other hand, Richard might be coding a site that only his close
    >> friends and family are going to visit, or he might have a buddy with
    >> a garage band. If that's the case, then he can search for these words
    >> and find the answer:
    >>
    >> html music automatically
    >>
    > The problem is that i found the code or tag before posting this
    > question and I put it in there, but when the page loads, It isn't play.
    Did you do a search? Did you read the relavent syntax for what you want to
    do?
    > I thought I did something wrong and so I posted a question. Thank You
    > all for all the comments, but I am still looking for an answer which is
    > what newsgroups are about...hehehehe.
    No, newgroups are not a 24/7 help desk. Newsgroups are for discussion of
    topics. You should consider yourself lucky if you get happen to get an
    answer from the discussion.

  8. #8

    Hi,

    does someone know, if I could play sound, which an Flex/AIR app computes itself? I mean this: The app computes and then plays waveforms.

    Thx!
    justria Guest

  9. #9

    Hm, trouble knowing what you mean. Like a flex based music player? I think
    eventually it'd run down to just implementing some actionscript.

    Alternatively, a quick and easy way to get some music into that application
    would be to include a SWF that's already been setup as a music player.
    [url]http://flashspeaksactionscript.com/create-a-mini-music-player-in-as3/[/url]
    check that out.

    Dizzia Guest

  10. #10

    Are you talking about calculating sine/square/sawtooth waves etc at runtime and then playing these?

    Mic.
    crzymnmchl Guest

  11. #11

    [Q]Are you talking about calculating sine/square/sawtooth waves etc at runtime
    and then playing these?[/Q]

    Yes, that's what I'd like to do. You know, those early PCs like C64 ;-) had a
    nice sound generator built in.

    justria Guest