Professional Web Applications Themes

Please Help: Files linked to Flash Files not displayedon web - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hey, I'm creating a website for a client that has a component scroll on the main stage linked to a dynamic text box with some buttons that when clicked will load an external file on Layer 1 of the main timeline in Flash. When I tested it in Flash it worked, when I previewed it in Dreamweaver it worked but when I uploaded it to the server. The main swf loads but the files that are linked to the main .swf don't On the first frame of the main time line I have the code below loadMovieNum("movies/Thumbnail1_mc.swf",1); On each of ...

  1. #1

    Default Please Help: Files linked to Flash Files not displayedon web

    Hey,
    I'm creating a website for a client that has a component scroll on the main
    stage linked to a dynamic text box with some buttons that when clicked will
    load an external file on Layer 1 of the main timeline in Flash. When I tested
    it in Flash it worked, when I previewed it in Dreamweaver it worked but when I
    uploaded it to the server. The main swf loads but the files that are linked to
    the main .swf don't

    On the first frame of the main time line I have the code below
    loadMovieNum("movies/Thumbnail1_mc.swf",1);

    On each of th buttons I have the code below
    on (release) {
    loadMovieNum("Movies/Thumbnail1_mc.swf", 1);
    }

    I have read some of the posts here but my main .swf file plays so its not the
    "scripts" folder in the wrong place.
    and I'm pretty sure that it can't find the files due to my path to the file,
    but I'm not sure how to get the main .swf file to look for the Thumbnail .swf
    files on the server. Please help.

    Thank you

    allprnt Guest

  2. #2

    Should this be on the Flash forum?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "allprnt" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    I don't know, I apologize for the ignorance, but it works in Flash and dreamweaver, but not when I export it to the server.
    allprnt Guest

  4. #4

    Let's see the page, please - can you post a link?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "allprnt" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks,
    http://www.monikamonroe.com/portfolio.html

    I was looking at some books last night and they said that some servers are
    case sensitive and that would be a reason, the main file is Portfolio.swf, I'm
    going to change all of them to lower case anyway, and I was reading another
    book that was saying that the Flash Files should be in the same folder on the
    server as the HTML files. I have the HTML files in the server on the first
    level, not in a folder, (GoDaddy said to do this). Portfolio.swf is in a
    folder named Flash Folder and the Thumbnail.swfs are located in a folder named
    movies within Flash Folder.

    Thanks again.
    Ryan

    allprnt Guest

  6. #6

    This issue would probably get a better answer in the Flash forum but I will
    take a stab at it.

    First thing I noticed was "movies" was lower case in the first frame code and
    upper "Movies"case on the button code

    Second thing I noticed is more of a question why are you loading the movie on
    load frame and again on the buttons
    and also into the same level?

    INVT

    On the first frame of the main time line I have the code below
    loadMovieNum("movies/Thumbnail1_mc.swf",1);

    On each of th buttons I have the code below
    on (release) {
    loadMovieNum("Movies/Thumbnail1_mc.swf", 1);
    }

    INVT Guest

  7. #7

    Hey Thanks for the reply,
    I will make the correction of the upper lower case problem, but to answer
    the second question.

    I'm learning Flash as I go along and I wanted to load the first movie onto the
    stage in the first frame so there is something that the viewer sees and I
    loaded them all into the same level, I read a book and it said if you do that
    the movies replace each other when you load it into the same level. I couldn't
    find another way to unload the clip that is no longer needed while loading the
    clip that corresponds to the button.

    allprnt Guest

  8. #8

    The name of the movie you are loading is the same name as the one you are unloading are these different files?

    So if I am not mistaken its unloading itself on frame load and button click.
    INVT Guest

  9. #9

    Kinda,
    The first frame has the load movie to begin with and then each button has
    a load movie num action also. But each button loads a different movie onto the
    stage, I switched all the movies to lowercase names and again, it works in
    Flash and Dreamweaver and when I preview it in the browser but not when I
    uploaded it to the server.

    I haven't used any unload movie actions, all the books I've read said you
    could just load another movie into the same level and that was sufficient.

    allprnt Guest