Professional Web Applications Themes

Please help me to set my headers and footers - Adobe Indesign Windows

I have to use these settings for my books. Margin In Inches Book Size In Inches 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Top/0.7 Bottom/3.2 Left/2.25 Right/2.25 Header/0.5 Footer/3 I see only top bottom inside and outside under Margins and colums. How do I set the header and footer? Is the inside and outside setting the same as left and right? Thank you!!!! I created the whole doent in the Indesign CS with the exception of imported illustrations (mentioned above) Using all the tools in the Photoshop and Indesign have been great. When I can get the margins headers and footers set per the ...

  1. #1

    Default Please help me to set my headers and footers

    I have to use these settings for my books.

    Margin In Inches
    Book Size In Inches 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
    Top/0.7
    Bottom/3.2
    Left/2.25
    Right/2.25
    Header/0.5
    Footer/3

    I see only top bottom inside and outside under Margins and colums.
    How do I set the header and footer? Is the inside and outside setting the same as left and right?
    Thank you!!!!

    I created the whole doent in the Indesign CS with the exception of imported illustrations (mentioned above)
    Using all the tools in the Photoshop and Indesign have been great. When I can get the margins headers and footers set per the questioned posed in my first posting I will then simply use the Instant Publishers preset printer setting (a print on demand Print Driver)and it is upl;oaded to their site where they will print for me and make books.
    Dr._Karen_Brady@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Please help me to set my headers and footers

    Headers and footers are set by making text frames on the master pages in the right place.

    Dave
    Dave_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Have you created a PDF? How did you go about doing so? After setting your headers and footers on the master pages, have they come through correctly? If not, what is wrong with them? (Did Dave's answer tell you all you need to know?)
    Fr._Watson@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    So far it was opened as a doent and I have not done anything to make it into a PDF.
    No, Daves answer was a bit unclear. I am sure this is because I am a novice.
    Dr._Karen_Brady@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    So far it was opened as a doent and I have not done anything to make
    it into a PDF.

    I'm afraid I no longer know whether or not you even want to create a PDF.

    I am sure you are not being intentionally hard to understand, but you MUST realize that unless you give us more information about what you wish to do, how you wish to do it, and/or what you may have already tried, no one can help you. I could tell you how, perhaps, to make a PDF, but that may be unnecessary if you just want to print from InDesign & I would rather not go to unnecessary efforts. In any case, I followed you to this forum to see if anyone would help you; I am going to leave you now to whomever might wish to give you an answer since I have no experience with InDesign.

    Good luck from one of the 'Slugs' at the Photoshop Lounge (and the Acrobat Forum).
    Fr._Watson@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Which part of my answer didn't you understand? Do you know what a master page is? Do you know what I meant by make a text frame? I presume the "right position" was understandable.

  8. #8

    what is with the pompus adobeforums.com responses,
    I was considering buying InDesigns, but after searching for help and reading the awful responses from adobe folks, I and re-considering purchasing this product
    Unregistered Guest