Professional Web Applications Themes

PLEASE HELP! Spry horizontal menu bar - Macromedia Exchange Dreamweaver Extensions

I've created a website and used the spry widget for a horizontal menu bar. It looks and performs great in Safari but when opened in Explorer the drop down menus appear at the top of the page instead of dropping down in their correct position underneath their respective tabs. I have downloaded the spry update 1.6 and it didn't fix it. I am VERY frustrated. The web address to view the problem is [url]http://www.amosfamily.com/index2[/url] Any help is really appreciated!...

  1. #1

    Default PLEASE HELP! Spry horizontal menu bar

    I've created a website and used the spry widget for a horizontal menu bar. It
    looks and performs great in Safari but when opened in Explorer the drop down
    menus appear at the top of the page instead of dropping down in their correct
    position underneath their respective tabs. I have downloaded the spry update
    1.6 and it didn't fix it. I am VERY frustrated. The web address to view the
    problem is [url]http://www.amosfamily.com/index2[/url] Any help is really appreciated!

    sara moore Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: PLEASE HELP! Spry horizontal menu bar

    I had a similar problem, only my menus were cascading off to the right instead
    of down.

    I went through step by step and checked each time in IE until I found what was
    doing it.

    Under the ul.MenuBarHorizontal ul rule in the Box menu, I set the width to
    auto. That was the point when my menu bars started going off to the right in
    IE. As soon as I changed that property to a fixed width, my menu bars cascaded
    down and I haven't had any problems since.

    Some of my drop menu titles are a little long, so they go on two lines in the
    drop list, but it's better than having ed up drop lists.

    Note though that the ul.MenuBarHorizontal li rule can be set to auto if you
    want. Just not the ul.MenuBarHorizontal ul rule.

    That worked for me, so hope it helps!

    southeastram Guest

  3. #3

    to southeastram,
    do you mean the first ul.menubarhorizontal ul ? i did put a fixed number in the width and it didn't work. Can you tell me more?
    lucaandluna Guest

  4. #4

    Yes, it is the first ul.menubarhorizontal ul tag. I have it set at ems, if that
    makes a difference?

    I guess my advice would be to start from scratch like I did (either delete all
    your current settings or start over in a new site setup). If you notice, the
    default settings in Dreamweaver don't make the drop lists go to crazy places.
    Then, add your attributes one by one and after each one added, check in IE to
    see if it still works correctly.

    That was the only way I was able to find what the problem was. Maybe my
    problem isn't a universal one?

    southeastram Guest

  5. #5

    THANKS. I did what you suggested and started from scratch and now its working! THANKS again. what a relief!
    sara moore Guest