Professional Web Applications Themes

Please help w/burning a IMG file of a MAC program with a PC for a MAC user - Mac Applications & Software

Hi all, I have an IMG file and I don't know what program created it although I do know that it is an image file of a MAC program. My question is, Is there a way that I can use my PC to burn this image file to a MAC usable state for a friend so that I can give him the CD and he can install the program on his MAC? If so could you please provide step by step "idiot proof" instructions for me? Any help will be very much appreciated. I have the following: Plextor 48/24/48A CD-RW ...

  1. #1

    Default Please help w/burning a IMG file of a MAC program with a PC for a MAC user

    Hi all,
    I have an IMG file and I don't know what program created it although I
    do know that it is an image file of a MAC program. My question is, Is
    there a way that I can use my PC to burn this image file to a MAC
    usable state for a friend so that I can give him the CD and he can
    install the program on his MAC?
    If so could you please provide step by step "idiot proof" instructions
    for me? Any help will be very much appreciated.
    I have the following: Plextor 48/24/48A CD-RW and Nero, Adaptec Easy
    CD creator 6, Clone CD and WinISO. Can it be done with these or do I
    need something else?
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Regards,
    Steve B.
    [email]DrugslsHotmail.com[/email]
    Steven B. Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Please help w/burning a IMG file of a MAC program with a PC

    Tom,
    Thanks for the response and the info. Regarding the img file. I did
    download it as an IMG file so why or how did it get corrupted? I then
    left it the was it was and tried to burn it. I am also in the process
    of downloading the same file as a .sit file, so if I am able to get it
    in this format, can you explain what I need to do from there?

  3. #3

    >Regarding the img file. I did
    >download it as an IMG file so why or how did it get corrupted?
    A Macintosh file has two "parts," which are called a "data fork" and a
    "resource fork."

    The PC disk directory system is simpler than the Mac's. the PC can not store a
    two-part file on disk. the instant you put a Mac file on a PC disk, the PC
    removes the resource fork, because there's no way to store it in the disk's
    directory and Windows does not understand two-part files.

    So the file is destroyed, permanently, just by the process of placing it on a
    PC disk.

    A Mac can place the file onto a PC disk without destroying it, because the Mac
    will break the file into two files and put the resource fork in a hidden folder
    called "resource.frk". But Windows does not know about or understand two-part
    files, so Windows will not do this.

    Sorry...

    --
    Rude T-shirts for a rude age: [url]http://www.villaintees.com[/url]