Professional Web Applications Themes

Please help with camera rotation - Macromedia Director 3D

hi, does anyone know how to make camera that can be rotated when mouse is pressed and moved? at first i tried to use example from macromedia.com (maze magic example) it's really good but not what i was looking for.. anyway this was my first test: [url]http://projects.jrrmk.lv/043/web/demo/w3d/test_04.htm[/url] but since i had problems with collision detection in this scene (i you run to the wall and hold the move button anyway it goes through the wall), i made another with more simple move controls. ok, here's my second scene: [url]http://projects.jrrmk.lv/043/web/demo/w3d/test_05.htm[/url] everything seems to work really well, and you can even go ...

  1. #1

    Default Please help with camera rotation

    hi,

    does anyone know how to make camera that can be rotated when mouse is pressed
    and moved?
    at first i tried to use example from macromedia.com (maze magic example)
    it's really good but not what i was looking for..
    anyway this was my first test:
    [url]http://projects.jrrmk.lv/043/web/demo/w3d/test_04.htm[/url]
    but since i had problems with collision detection in this scene (i you run to
    the wall and hold the move button anyway it goes through the wall), i made
    another with more simple move controls.

    ok, here's my second scene:
    [url]http://projects.jrrmk.lv/043/web/demo/w3d/test_05.htm[/url]
    everything seems to work really well, and you can even go downstairs and
    upstairs! :)
    so as i mentioned above, my problem is that i want to "look" with my camera
    using mouse.
    maybe anyone can suggest/give me an easy example?? that would be really great,

    thanks!

    de4med Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Please help with camera rotation

    i could give you this example, it shows a camera movement with the mouse and
    you can navigate with w,a,s,d.

    some pyramids you can go over and some you collide with.

    [url]http://kisd.de/~lutz/3dtest/water/[/url]

    if this is intersting for you, i can tell you how its done.

    hondo3000 Guest

  3. #3

    hi, hondo3000, seems that this is what i was looking for !!

    i'd be really thankful if you could tell me how you did it :)
    de4med Guest

  4. #4

    this is not realy complicated, but in words heavy to explain.

    download this *.dir file and open it. inside of it is a behavior that is
    called "egocam". this behavior has no resetworld comand in it, therefore i use
    the "resetworld" behavior. look at the code and ask for the parts you don't
    understand. its not well doented but if you want i can try to explain the
    mainparts of this one.
    [url]http://pro.wanadoo.fr/freextras/index_en.html[/url]

    but ask me if things are not clear. i am at the moment working on some xtra
    code that makes it possible to step on a moving objekt and go with it. but if
    you have some thoughts what also could be included let me know.

    i dont use the MSN thing but i am available over icq.

    greetings

    hondo3000 Guest

  5. #5

    hi,

    the example is really great!
    i have some questions/problems with collision detection..
    i'm also at ICQ my number is: 288762931
    hope to meet you there

    thanks,
    de4med Guest

  6. #6

    Hello Mr. hondo3000

    My name is Mihai and I study architecture (4th year) in Bucharest, Romania.
    I'm working at a panorama project for my school and I have
    to present it in a web format.
    I want to ask you about a big problem that I'm faceing.
    I use Macromedia's Director for developing.
    I mapped on the inner faces of a cube 6 panorama cube textures and
    export it in W3D format.
    What I need to do: I want to pan camera from the center of the cube
    left-right-up-down using the mouse not the keyboard. Luckly I did the panning
    action
    using the arrow keys but unfortunelly if I pan left 30 degrees, then pan up 30
    degrees
    and then pan again left 30 degrees the camera is wrong shifted due to the fact
    that
    I used the Pan Horizontal Action and it's not considering that the last action
    was a vertical pan.
    I'm a biginner in Director and I'm not a Lingo guru. But the principle
    of panning the camera using the mouse location is kind of simple.
    In short I have to get the mouse_loc on mousedown and depending on how I
    move the mouse the pan vertical and horizntal actions will receive the angles
    and rotate the camera.

    I can give you the .dir file of my project (keyboard panning) via e-mail if
    you are so kind
    to take a look.

    Thanks for your time.
    my e-mail address is: [email]bb2_hover[/email]

    Mihai (aka hOver\DL)

    hover_dl Guest