Professional Web Applications Themes

Please I need help with image collages - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hello to you all, and thanks in advance for your help. Well, I'm trying to imitate some ads i've seen in the street. What I'm trying to do is to create big images that are formed with hundreds of tiled smaller images -I suppose you have seen posters or ads like those I speak of-. The smaller images variate -I think- depending on the brightness the bigger image has in that corresponding area. Does anyone knows of a Photoshop filter that could help me to do that? Or, If you don't, what process/tools would you use in the creation of ...

  1. #1

    Default Please I need help with image collages

    Hello to you all, and thanks in advance for your help.

    Well, I'm trying to imitate some ads i've seen in the street.
    What I'm trying to do is to create big images that are formed with hundreds of tiled smaller images -I suppose you have seen posters or ads like those I speak of-. The smaller images variate -I think- depending on the brightness the bigger image has in that corresponding area.

    Does anyone knows of a Photoshop filter that could help me to do that? Or, If you don't, what process/tools would you use in the creation of such an image?

    Thank you very much,
    Jose.
    joferma0 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Please I need help with image collages

    jofermaO,
    I am not aware of a filter for this purpose.
    I would go to File>new, set the dimensions of your doent. Then open the layers palette, and place each image on a separate layer. You obviously don't want to do this with "hundreds." You can change the image size, opacity, hue-saturation, contrast, etc. for the content of each layer. Using the move tool you can position each image precisely. Using layers you have maximal control of all the variables.
    Ken
    Kenneth Liffmann Guest

  3. #3

    Most of that is done with a stand alone program called Photo Montage by arcsoft.

    <http://www.arcsoft.com/en/products/photomontage/>

    Ralph
    <http://www.darkstar.us>
    Ralph Brannon Guest

  4. #4

    There are computer programs and services available for this. Do a web search for "photo mosaic" or something like that. Have fun!

    Best regards,
    Walt
    W Bobrowski Guest

  5. #5

    I had Photo Montage...I used it once and then gave it away :)

    Yes, I have heard of such plug-ins for photoshop though.
    JodiFrye Guest

  6. #6

    This is neat! Robert Silvers and one of our children were high school classmates. What a brilliant youngster he was, I hear about his continuing accomplishments,,,,,
    <http://www.photomosaic.com/>

    We have his first book, and as you know, his pictures are always in some magazine.

    This is something that we cannot do in Photoshop, or any available plug in, to the degree that this software is capable of. But wouldn't it be nice,,,,,,
    <http://www.photomosaic.com/rt/examples/globestockbig.jpg>
    to be able to do something like this with our photos.
    Thanks for bringing this great topic to our attention!
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  7. #7

    Jane, that reminds me, I found this...not sure how it all works but it sayse it's free ;)

    <http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/~schani/metapixel/>
    JodiFrye Guest

  8. #8

    Hi Jodi, This is really interesting, I must forward your link to the kids and see what they say. Wouldn't this be neat to be able to do stuff like this on our little home computers. I see those monster workstations that the kids have at school/work, but never imagined that some of this stuff could be done on our Macs(or PCs). I have Rob's first book and the detail/resolution is just fantastic. I don't know much about this, but it sure would be fun. I never imagined that such software would be available for home computers.
    They are away for the weekend, but will be interesting.

    After seeing Ray Robillard's Bryce homework, I must realize that our home computers are pretty souped up machines.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  9. #9

    Jane, we bought this computer ( my first )in February of 2002. I never realized what i had been missing. Started playing with computer graphics about a year ago and I'm always amazed with what can be done. I admit I still have my 'painting on canvas' traits so I tend to follow the same route with the mouse.....which means i'm probably always doing things the hard way but it's all very fun. I had the Photo Montage but i felt it did too much for me...not my thing. I like getting my hands dirty or my brain in tune....Elements always leaves me with the ' OK, now what else can i flip out of this software ' feeling ...I like that.
    JodiFrye Guest

  10. #10

    Hi Jodi, Some people have a wonderful talent for art and you are one of the lucky ones!
    I have zero artistic talent, and have always admired both my brothers and my fathers incredible painting and drawing talent, but now I can do some of this stuff myself thanks to PSE!
    It is so much fun! I love to look at all the Challange pages and try a few myself once in a while.

    I find that the inspiration factor is great, when I see some of your work, I want to fire up PSE and give it a try myself. It becomes somewhat addictive, and I tend to ignore the housework.

    And also the digital cameras, I am just a point and shoot photographer, but find that the ability to take 100 or so pictures of a certain scene, when back in the film days I would take maybe 2, makes it a good chance that at least one of the 100 will be a winner. Then to be able to delete power lines and do so many things to enhance the photos, is another wonderful thing.

    I guess I retired at the right time.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  11. #11

    > Does anyone knows of a Photoshop filter that could help me to do that? Or,
    If you don't, what process/tools would you use in the creation of such an
    image?

    > Thank you very much,
    > Jose

    I found a link to a program called Mosanick at:

    [url]http://www.radivarl.demon.co.uk/nick/mosanick/[/url]

    It's free. I tried it, and it has a few options that will keep you busy.

    Ed

    Ed Wurster Guest

  12. #12

    usually these things are called "photomosaic".

    AFAIK there is no photoshop filters for photomosaic.
    but there are programs that could generate them.
    some of them freeware some shareware so in any case you may
    try them for free.

    look here
    [url]http://www.mazaika.com/maztutor/mosaictest.html[/url]
    for more info, also try google "photomosaic software"

    -boris

    joferma0 <regjose11hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2ccd6b79.-1webx.la2eafNXanI>...
    > Hello to you all, and thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > Well, I'm trying to imitate some ads i've seen in the street.
    > What I'm trying to do is to create big images that are formed with hundreds of tiled smaller images -I suppose you have seen posters or ads like those I speak of-. The smaller images variate -I think- depending on the brightness the bigger image has in that corresponding area.
    >
    > Does anyone knows of a Photoshop filter that could help me to do that? Or, If you don't, what process/tools would you use in the creation of such an image?
    >
    > Thank you very much,
    > Jose.
    boris Guest