Professional Web Applications Themes

Please read Macintosh users... - Mac Applications & Software

Please do not post abusive messages to Microsoft newsgroups. I have every right in the world to post where I want as long as its not abusive or in violation of AOL's TOS. Many people on the Microsoft boards do not like your attitudes towards MS people and MS products. I have the advantage of being a mac/PC user unlike most. But Macintosh people are some of the rudest/crudest people in all of usenet. As a result I will rarely post to macintosh Newsgroups asking for advice. Most either cannot answer my questions, or cannot answer them without being rude. ...

  1. #1

    Default Please read Macintosh users...

    Please do not post abusive messages to Microsoft newsgroups.

    I have every right in the world to post where I want as long as its not
    abusive or in violation of AOL's TOS.

    Many people on the Microsoft boards do not like your attitudes towards
    MS people and MS products.

    I have the advantage of being a mac/PC user unlike most. But Macintosh
    people are some of the rudest/crudest people in all of usenet. As a
    result I will rarely post to macintosh Newsgroups asking for advice.
    Most either cannot answer my questions, or cannot answer them without
    being rude. I do not experience this extreme rudeness anywhere else,
    and that does include AOL's message boards.

    I solely admit I'm not perfect and possibly have posted in ways that
    some mac users would not like. However most of the time I never
    intended this. However, I will not/ and have not posted in such a way
    as of late.
    --
    Posted with Newswatcher for Macintosh!
    Vote Bush for President in 2004!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Please read Macintosh users...

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:55:44 GMT,
    Spider Eyes (net) wrote:

    Who are you to tell us where and when to post? And Sue, Mike and I
    haven't posted abusive messages to microsoft.public.handheldpc. We've
    posted messages correcting errors in your messages, and your messages
    alone.

    As do we. Except we're restricted by the TOS by our ISPs (whoever they
    may be).

    Umm .. could you give me an example of anyone of us (Mike, Sue or I) who
    has complained about any MS people or MS products? We've all pointed
    egregious errors in YOUR posts. And you're the ONLY one who seems to
    be troubled by it. That's the problem with being a liar. Your lies
    catch up with you.

    BTW, I have a Jornada 720 -- so I do occasionally visit m.p.h

    Cheerio,
    Beverly
    --
    Bev A. Kupf
    Bev Guest

  3. #3

    Spider Eyes <net> wrote:

    Show us an example of an abusive message someone here has posted to a
    Microsoft group. If you believe there's been one, let's see your proof.

    Yes, Sue, Bev and I posted to microsoft.public.handheldpc, but that was
    devices. Macs _can_ do IR syncing, and that's the response you got.
    Providing correct technical information can't possibly be construed as
    abusive. Heck, as you well know, Chris Tilley, who's apparently the
    moderator of the group, has welcomed Mac users to continue to provide
    correct information.

    Anyone who wants to see what really transpired can start here:

    <http://www.google.com/groups?q=author:spider+author:eyes&hl=en&lr=&ie=U
    TF-8&selm=spidereyes-10F33F.14270711092003%40msnews.microsoft.com&rnum= 3

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    Mike Guest

  4. #4

    Mike Rosenberg <invalid> wrote:

    And he's specifically asked Bev if she would write about her attempts to
    sync a Jornada 720 with a G4. In other words, not only does he NOT
    consider her abusive, he's actively encouraging her to continue posting
    there.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    Mike Guest

  5. #5

    In article <teranews.com>,
    Spider Eyes <net> wrote:

    Hmm, a Microsoft proponent, AOL user, Bush proponent, and (i can't stop
    laughing) a Schwarzenegger proponet, not to mention a whiner !!!

    MyGod - you DESERVE all the abuse you get,plus some ! oh god, make me
    stop laughing - my sides are hurting!!!!
    Mark-S. Guest

  6. #6

    Spider Eyes <net> wrote:

    Shall I track down all the times I was the only one who tried to help
    you? Think back on all the times you posted about the sound problems on
    that 6100. Who provided the bulk of the help you received? That would
    be me. Was I rude then? No. And what did _you_ do in response? Oh,
    there were times when you responded reasonably and appeared to be trying
    to follow my advice, but all too often you argued with me instead. And
    you repeatedly sent me private email despite my polite requests that
    respond only to Usenet. Yes, you did finally stop, but why did I have
    to asked several times? And yet I _STILL_ continued to try to help.

    What made me stop trying to help you with technical problems was one you
    pulled the jwolf/crucifyself charade, then lied about it. At that
    point, I just couldn't see why I, or anyone else here, should bother
    trying to help the likes of you.

    By the way, have you noticed that Chris Tilley has now specifically
    asked me to continue hanging out in microsoft.public.handheldpc?

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    Mike Guest

  7. #7

    In article <teranews.com>, Spider
    Eyes <net> wrote:

    Keerist! Who is this person? I am getting so tired of his posts. They
    seem to be everywhere. Someone really needs to get a life or
    professional help at least. If you have a legitimate question, ask it.
    If you don't like the answer, move on. Quit wasting bandwidth with your
    whining.

    --
    Deja Moo: I've seen this bull before.

    My address has been anti-spammed.
    Please reply to: net replacing the invalid with sonic.

    Otto Guest

  8. #8

    In article <teranews.com>,
    Spider Eyes <net> wrote:

    Reading the above I am ashamed to use a PC & Mac. I always thought that
    people using both systems were intelligent.

    But reading those 2 sentences defines the writer as not very intelligent!
    --

    gr,
    Antonio

  9. #9

    In article <teranews.com>,
    Spider Eyes <net> wrote:

    First: "All generalizations are false." ... but, I'm generalizing, here.

    Second: I'm reminded about the Wintel user who posted that wonderful
    video clip a few years back showing him using a .357 Magnum on an iMac.

    Mac users don't have the corner on the idiocy market... not by a
    longshot.

    FPP
    --
    Si vis pacem para bellum: "If you want peace... prepare for war."
    FPP Guest

  10. #10

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:55:44 -0500, Spider Eyes wrote
    (in message <teranews.com>):

    you're a complete whackjob.

    And everyone else has a right to post anywhere they want so long as they're
    not in violation of their ISP's TOS. If you think they are, by all means
    complain to their ISP. Given your track record, you won't have much luck
    'cause responsible ISPs investigate such reports, and even five minutes
    checking would show _exactly_ who the troublemaker is. Which means that your
    report will then be dropped into the kook bin, and all further reports from
    you will be ignored, unless you annoy them, in which case they'll likely have
    a chat with _your_ ISP. When the admin of one ISP has a chat with the admin
    of another about an annoyance, the annoyance gets nailed. I do hope that you
    have an alternate ISP (Earthlink, perhaps?) 'cause you're flirting with
    disaster with this one.

    How sad. Too bad. Name three.

    you obviously haven't encountered Styx. Or Pastor Dave. Or Terry Austin. Or
    Matt Giwer. Or Ted Holden.

    Hoo-rah! Ding, dong, the witch is dead!

    Lying again, eh, Jtroll? As expected.

    Aww... we hurt his little feeling. Isn't that too bad; I, for one, was
    hoiping to crush it beyond repair.

    BWA-HAA-HAA-HAAA-HAA!!

    'possibly'?! God-damn, Jtroll, even _you_ can't be this stupid.

    <cough> 'Macs are lame' </cough>

    Liar.

    liar. Would you want me to supply Google URLs from, oh, the last two months?

    --
    We are Microsoft of Borg. You will be assimilated. Stability is irrelevant.
    Where _you_ want to go to today is irrelevant. We will add your currency to

    Charles Guest

  11. #11

    Charles Dyer <com> wrote:

    This is what I find most amazing about him. Sometimes I actually
    believe that he truly has no idea what he himself has written.

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    Mike Guest

  12. #12

    >Mac users don't have the corner on the idiocy market... not by a

    2% of the market share? OSX has not driven sales... Its a terribly slow OS to
    be honest. Used it yesterday for a while on a 800mhz G4, and man my 300mhz G3
    is faster when running OS 9.1.

    I was not impressed with Telnet on OSX, but I am very impressed with Windows XP
    telnet, its better than previous versions.

    I'll stay with XP/9.x over X for the moment. Hopefully OSX 10.5 or version 11
    will change my mind. I'd really like to see apple grow in market share, but I
    am afraid OSX is not doing it for them.
    --------------
    Vote George W. Bush for President in 2004!
    Vote Arnold Schwarzenegger for California Governor in 2003!

    Leo Guest

  13. #13

    "Leo" <comnojunk> wrote in message
    Windows XP

    You're still using Telnet?

    Wow!

    Why?

    huchal Guest

  14. #14

    In article <aol.com>, Leo
    <comnojunk> wrote:

    > 2% of the market share?[/ref]

    I'll agree with you there. Mac users have about 2% of the idiocy market
    share. PC users are firmly holding on to their 98% share. =)

    --
    Christopher S. Moore
    us

  15. #15

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:44:46 GMT,
    Chris Moore (us) wrote:

    >> 2% of the market share?[/ref]
    >
    > I'll agree with you there. Mac users have about 2% of the idiocy market
    > share. PC users are firmly holding on to their 98% share. =)[/ref]

    And a good 97.99% of that is our good friend John Wolf -- wacko no matter
    what he uses.

    Bev
    --
    Bev A. Kupf
    Bev Guest

  16. #16

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 9:16:30 -0500, Leo wrote
    (in message <aol.com>):

    > 2% of the market share?[/ref]

    hah. show something to back this up, liar.

    lying again.

    BWA-HA-HAA-HA-HAAA!!! The king of the liars used the word 'honest' and
    expected us to believe him!

    liar.

    Gee. And, even if this were true, which it isn't, why should anyone care?

    you're a sick, sick, sick puppy, Diaper Boy.

  17. #17

    In article <aol.com>,
    Leo <comnojunk> wrote:

    I don't know what this issue of market share is all about.
    Apple keeps selling products and making money. They remain
    a fine computer choice for many and seem likely to continue
    for the forseeable future. Most people eat at MacDonalds and
    we don't need them all to switch to a five star restaurant.

    --
    Daniel Packman
    NCAR/ACD

  18. #18

    In article <1g160h9.1jsupd8ch3tf1N%invalid>,
    invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

    > This is what I find most amazing about him. Sometimes I actually
    > believe that he truly has no idea what he himself has written.[/ref]

    Now that thought is just too damn scary to dwell on for very long.

    Ruby
    RubyTuesday Guest

  19. #19

    >You're still using Telnet?

    Because I have a UNIX shell.

  20. #20

    >I'll agree with you there. Mac users have about 2% of the idiocy market

    Mac users used to hold more market share in the past.
    Vote George W. Bush for President in 2004!
    Vote Arnold Schwarzenegger for California Governor in 2003!

    Leo Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast