Professional Web Applications Themes

Please test a website with Safari! - Mac Applications & Software

There seems to be more and more sites that are not accessible from Netscape. Nested <TABLE> tag causes an infinite loop in Netscape, so the only thing I can do is Force Quit (Command-Option-Escape). I am planning to finally migrate to Mac OS X. I would like to use Safari instead of Internet Explorer. Could any Safari user please tell me if you can access some of the pages of this site without going into an infinite loop, please? http://www.internic.ca/ Which web authoring application creates nested <TABLE> anyway? Thanks in advance. ----- Original Message ----- The web site scripts (and ...

  1. #1

    Default Please test a website with Safari!

  3. #3

    In article <ca.nospam>, Nathalie Durant
    <ca.nospam> wrote:

    Works okay here... Safari is set to "Automatic" User Agent in the Debug
    menu.

    djb

    --
    "I don't always know what I'm talking about, but I know I'm right." -- Muhammad
    Ali

  4. #4

    In article <ca.nospam>,
    Nathalie Durant <ca.nospam> wrote:

    No problems here.

    --
    Never play strip tarot.
    Michelle Guest

  5. #5

    Tom Harrington <no.spam.dammit.net> writes:
     [/ref]

    Netscape handles _correctly_ structured, nested tables just fine.
     [/ref]

    This page is _loaded_ with errors. Tables which don't get
    closed _at all_, as well as loads of invalid HTML.

    And in Mozilla Firebird.

    > Lots of 'em, I expect. It's a convenient way to lay things out in the
    > page, and it's legal HTML, so why not?[/ref]

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.internic.ca%2F&doctype= %28detect+automatically%29&cht=utf-8+%28Unicode%2C+worldwide%29

    The page in question is NOT even close to valid, legal HTML.

    Now, the real question is - would you really want to buy
    domain registration services from folks who don't know how
    to write a valid web page?

    I mean, it's really bad. Things like "TR" not finished but
    containing element (the Table) ended, and </table> tags which
    never match any actually opened tables.

    Nasty, and it's no bad reflection on any browser for not
    dealing well with such a mess.

    No HTML in E-Mail! -- http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
    BreadWithSpam@fractious.net Guest

  6. #6

    In article <ca.nospam>, Nathalie Durant <ca.nospam> writes:

    After guessing at http://validator.w3.org to get by the lack of a
    character encoding indication on your subject page, I am told the
    table encodings on http://www.internic.ca/ are not valid.
    Larry Guest

  7. #7

    In article <panix.com>,
    net wrote:

    > [/ref]
    >
    > Netscape handles _correctly_ structured, nested tables just fine.
    > [/ref]
    >
    > This page is _loaded_ with errors. Tables which don't get
    > closed _at all_, as well as loads of invalid HTML.

    > And in Mozilla Firebird.

    > > Lots of 'em, I expect. It's a convenient way to lay things out in the
    > > page, and it's legal HTML, so why not?[/ref]
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.internic.ca%2F&doctype= %28d
    > etect+automatically%29&cht=utf-8+%28Unicode%2C+worldwide%29
    >
    > The page in question is NOT even close to valid, legal HTML.
    >
    > Now, the real question is - would you really want to buy
    > domain registration services from folks who don't know how
    > to write a valid web page?
    >
    > I mean, it's really bad. Things like "TR" not finished but
    > containing element (the Table) ended, and </table> tags which
    > never match any actually opened tables.[/ref]

    Nitpick: HTML 4.01, which is what that page identifies itself as,
    doesn't require you to explicitly close <tr> or <td>. However, XHTML
    1.0, which is what you probably should be writing these days, does
    (since XHTML doents have to be well-formed XML).

    --
    "First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just
    because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill."

  8. #8

    In article <fu-berlin.de>,
    ZnU <com> wrote:

    > > Netscape handles _correctly_ structured, nested tables just fine.
    > >

    > > This page is _loaded_ with errors. Tables which don't get
    > > closed _at all_, as well as loads of invalid HTML.
    > >

    > > And in Mozilla Firebird.
    > >

    > > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.internic.ca%2F&doctype= %2
    > > 8d
    > > etect+automatically%29&cht=utf-8+%28Unicode%2C+worldwide%29
    > >
    > > The page in question is NOT even close to valid, legal HTML.
    > >
    > > Now, the real question is - would you really want to buy
    > > domain registration services from folks who don't know how
    > > to write a valid web page?
    > >
    > > I mean, it's really bad. Things like "TR" not finished but
    > > containing element (the Table) ended, and </table> tags which
    > > never match any actually opened tables.[/ref]
    >
    > Nitpick: HTML 4.01, which is what that page identifies itself as,
    > doesn't require you to explicitly close <tr> or <td>. However, XHTML
    > 1.0, which is what you probably should be writing these days, does
    > (since XHTML doents have to be well-formed XML).
    > [/ref]

    It's not even remotely compliant with any HTML or XML. Tags are
    cross-nested, as in:

    <AAAA>
    <BBBB>
    </AAAA>
    <CCCC>
    </BBBB>
    </CCCC>

    It's the typical gibberish produced by HTML monkeys banging on their
    keyboard until the picture on their screen matches the image e-mailed to
    them. I can't believe that a company would tolerate such sloppy work
    when so many good software developers are unemployed and willing to work
    cheaply.
    Kevin Guest

  9. #9

    In article <supernews.com>,
    Kevin McMurtrie <com> wrote:

    Or when BBEdit is so affordable.

    When replying by e-mail, use plain text ONLY to make sure I read it.
    Due to spam and viruses, I filter all mail with HTML or attachments.
    Jerry Guest

  10. #10

    In article <supernews.com>,
    Kevin McMurtrie <com> wrote:

    > > Nitpick: HTML 4.01, which is what that page identifies itself as,
    > > doesn't require you to explicitly close <tr> or <td>. However, XHTML
    > > 1.0, which is what you probably should be writing these days, does
    > > (since XHTML doents have to be well-formed XML).
    > > [/ref]
    >

    > It's not even remotely compliant with any HTML or XML.[/ref]

    That's certainly true. That's why I noted that I was just picking nits,
    not arguing with the conclusion.

    It is pretty pathetic. And you see this kind of thing (and worse) all
    over the place.

  11. #11

    In article <ca.nospam>,
    Nathalie Durant <ca.nospam> wrote:

    it.

    --
    Today, on Paper-view: Pulp Fiction!
    Howard Guest

  12. #12

    In article <270820031816313283%invalid>,
    Jerry Kindall <invalid> wrote:

    Hey, I do everything with BBEdit, except e-mail. It needs a little work
    with the foreplay plug in, but except for that....

  13. #13

    In article <preem.palver+free.fr>,
    Jacky <preem.palver+org> wrote:

    > Perfect rendering here with OS X 10.2.6 and Safari 1.0 (v85)[/ref]

    And perfect rendering with OS X 10.2.6 and Netscape 7.1. :}
    Steve Guest

  14. #14

    In article <newsguy.com>, Howard S
    Shubs <net> wrote:

    > Hey, I do everything with BBEdit, except e-mail. It needs a little work
    > with the foreplay plug in, but except for that....[/ref]

    Too. Much. Information!

  15. #15

    Nathalie Durant <ca.nospam> wrote:

    As others have stated, it works okay with Safari. I also tried Camino
    and Mozilla. All on OSX...latest released version/updates.

    Joel
    Joel Guest

  16. #16

    ZnU wrote: [/ref]

    Once I get the name registered for a low cost,
    it doesn't matter to me if they're idiots.

    Would you really want to get car repairs from
    someone who didn't know how to file a valid
    homestead tax exemption?

    --
    Wes Groleau

    A pessimist says the glass is half empty.

    An optimist says the glass is half full.

    An engineer says somebody made the glass
    twice as big as it needed to be.

    Wes Guest