Professional Web Applications Themes

PLEASE! Using mwCVS plugin !! - Mac Programming

in article [email]4beb34a4.0307031705.447aa748posting.google.com[/email], Jorge at [email]rgasparini29[/email] wrote on 7/3/03 9:05 PM: > Hello all!, > > I have Mac 10.2.6 installed with CVS. In the same machine, I have been > doing tests with CVS and I can do checkouts and commits ... using > Terminal. > > Now I want to configure a CodeWarrior project with a CVS project. I > know I need to use one of these plugins: CWCVS (ElectricFish) and > mwCVS. > > With CWCVS plugin I also need MacCVS application. I configured it and > everything is OK. > > Now I want to ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: PLEASE! Using mwCVS plugin !!

    in article [email]4beb34a4.0307031705.447aa748posting.google.com[/email], Jorge at
    [email]rgasparini29[/email] wrote on 7/3/03 9:05 PM:
    > Hello all!,
    >
    > I have Mac 10.2.6 installed with CVS. In the same machine, I have been
    > doing tests with CVS and I can do checkouts and commits ... using
    > Terminal.
    >
    > Now I want to configure a CodeWarrior project with a CVS project. I
    > know I need to use one of these plugins: CWCVS (ElectricFish) and
    > mwCVS.
    >
    > With CWCVS plugin I also need MacCVS application. I configured it and
    > everything is OK.
    >
    > Now I want to use the "mwCVS" plugin, my questions are:
    >
    > 1) Do I need MacCVS? (Is it possible to use another application?)
    Nope. MwCVS is self-contained.
    > 2) Where can I configure (in CodeWarrior) the project name. I always
    > get this error: "No CVSROOT specified! Please use the -d option" ...
    You set the CVSROOT when you check out your project, right below the Module
    information.
    > 3) Is there a reference to install and configure mwCVS?
    There isn't any installation (at least not with CW 8), it installed with the
    IDE. Just go to the Edit menu/Version Control Settings to turn it on for
    your project. If you know MacCVS most of the configuration info will be
    self-explanatory, but there's some more in the Codewarrior Help file. If
    you're new to CVS this is a good article

    [url]http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/cvsoverview.html[/url]

    Even if you won't use CVS from the command line there's a lot of good
    explanations about CVS terms in general that apply to mwCVS.

    Joe

    Joseph Feld Guest

  2. #2

    Thank you very much, Joseph! ...

    I didn't understand this point:
    > 2) Where can I configure (in CodeWarrior) the project name. I always
    > get this error: "No CVSROOT specified! Please use the -d option" ...
    You set the CVSROOT when you check out your project, right below the Module
    information.

    What do you mean with "Module information" ...?

    Thanks again ...

    Joseph Feld <pilotfeldnet.org> wrote in message news:<BB2A55A3.86BD2%pilotfeldnet.org>...
    > in article [email]4beb34a4.0307031705.447aa748posting.google.com[/email], Jorge at
    > [email]rgasparini29[/email] wrote on 7/3/03 9:05 PM:
    >
    > > Hello all!,
    > >
    > > I have Mac 10.2.6 installed with CVS. In the same machine, I have been
    > > doing tests with CVS and I can do checkouts and commits ... using
    > > Terminal.
    > >
    > > Now I want to configure a CodeWarrior project with a CVS project. I
    > > know I need to use one of these plugins: CWCVS (ElectricFish) and
    > > mwCVS.
    > >
    > > With CWCVS plugin I also need MacCVS application. I configured it and
    > > everything is OK.
    > >
    > > Now I want to use the "mwCVS" plugin, my questions are:
    > >
    > > 1) Do I need MacCVS? (Is it possible to use another application?)
    >
    > Nope. MwCVS is self-contained.
    >
    > > 2) Where can I configure (in CodeWarrior) the project name. I always
    > > get this error: "No CVSROOT specified! Please use the -d option" ...
    >
    > You set the CVSROOT when you check out your project, right below the Module
    > information.
    >
    > > 3) Is there a reference to install and configure mwCVS?
    >
    > There isn't any installation (at least not with CW 8), it installed with the
    > IDE. Just go to the Edit menu/Version Control Settings to turn it on for
    > your project. If you know MacCVS most of the configuration info will be
    > self-explanatory, but there's some more in the Codewarrior Help file. If
    > you're new to CVS this is a good article
    >
    > [url]http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/cvsoverview.html[/url]
    >
    > Even if you won't use CVS from the command line there's a lot of good
    > explanations about CVS terms in general that apply to mwCVS.
    >
    > Joe
    Jorge Guest

  3. #3

    in article [email]4beb34a4.0307040733.521a012bposting.google.com[/email], Jorge at
    [email]rgasparini29[/email] wrote on 7/4/03 11:33 AM:
    > Thank you very much, Joseph! ...
    >
    > I didn't understand this point:
    >
    >> 2) Where can I configure (in CodeWarrior) the project name. I always
    >> get this error: "No CVSROOT specified! Please use the -d option" ...
    >
    > You set the CVSROOT when you check out your project, right below the Module
    > information.
    >
    > What do you mean with "Module information" ...?
    When you select Checkout in the CVS/Recursive menu a checkout window will
    appear. There's a text field for the Module name. This is the same name
    you give when you place a project in a repository with the command-line cvs
    import -m command.

    Joe

    Joseph Feld Guest

  4. #4

    Ohh!, it works! ... thank you very much, Joseph!!

    I finally was able to use mwCVS plugin ... well, not completely. Now I
    have installed CVS in a remote server with Mac OS X, I can create
    projects remotely and can do checkouts with the Terminal. Every time I
    want to do an operation, CVS ask me for a password ... but it works.

    When I try to access my CVS server via mwCVS plugin, it doesn't works.
    I guess the problem is the password. How can I set my user password
    and avoid asking it everytime ...

    Thanks again!
    Regards ...

    Joseph Feld <pvtpylotcomcast.net> wrote in message news:<BB2B2206.86CA0%pvtpylotcomcast.net>...
    > in article [email]4beb34a4.0307040733.521a012bposting.google.com[/email], Jorge at
    > [email]rgasparini29[/email] wrote on 7/4/03 11:33 AM:
    >
    > > Thank you very much, Joseph! ...
    > >
    > > I didn't understand this point:
    > >
    > >> 2) Where can I configure (in CodeWarrior) the project name. I always
    > >> get this error: "No CVSROOT specified! Please use the -d option" ...
    > >
    > > You set the CVSROOT when you check out your project, right below the Module
    > > information.
    > >
    > > What do you mean with "Module information" ...?
    >
    > When you select Checkout in the CVS/Recursive menu a checkout window will
    > appear. There's a text field for the Module name. This is the same name
    > you give when you place a project in a repository with the command-line cvs
    > import -m command.
    >
    > Joe
    Jorge Guest

  5. #5

    In article <4beb34a4.0307071247.18d7475dposting.google.com >,
    [email]rgasparini29[/email] (Jorge) wrote:
    > Ohh!, it works! ... thank you very much, Joseph!!
    >
    > I finally was able to use mwCVS plugin ... well, not completely. Now I
    > have installed CVS in a remote server with Mac OS X, I can create
    > projects remotely and can do checkouts with the Terminal. Every time I
    > want to do an operation, CVS ask me for a password ... but it works.
    >
    > When I try to access my CVS server via mwCVS plugin, it doesn't works.
    > I guess the problem is the password. How can I set my user password
    > and avoid asking it everytime ...
    >
    > Thanks again!
    > Regards ...
    >

    > Joseph Feld <pvtpylotcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > > in article [email]4beb34a4.0307040733.521a012bposting.google.com[/email], Jorge at
    > > [email]rgasparini29[/email] wrote on 7/4/03 11:33 AM:
    > >
    > > > Thank you very much, Joseph! ...
    > > >
    > > > I didn't understand this point:

    > > > You set the CVSROOT when you check out your project, right below the
    > > > Module
    > > > information.
    > > >
    > > > What do you mean with "Module information" ...?
    > >
    > > When you select Checkout in the CVS/Recursive menu a checkout window will
    > > appear. There's a text field for the Module name. This is the same name
    > > you give when you place a project in a repository with the command-line cvs
    > > import -m command.
    > >
    > > Joe
    So, have you wasted more than USD20 of your time yet?

    --

    - rmgw

    <http://www.trustedmedianetworks.com/>

    Richard Wesley Trusted Media Networks, Inc.

    "You miss too much these days if you stop to think."
    - U2, "Waiting for the End of the World"
    Richard Wesley Guest

  6. #6

    In article <hawkfish-D70BC1.15161007072003tribune.sj.sys.us.xo.net>,
    Richard Wesley <hawkfishtrustedmedianetworks.com> wrote:
    > In article <4beb34a4.0307071247.18d7475dposting.google.com >,
    > [email]rgasparini29[/email] (Jorge) wrote:
    >
    > > Ohh!, it works! ... thank you very much, Joseph!!
    > >
    > > I finally was able to use mwCVS plugin ... well, not completely. Now I
    > > have installed CVS in a remote server with Mac OS X, I can create
    > > projects remotely and can do checkouts with the Terminal. Every time I
    > > want to do an operation, CVS ask me for a password ... but it works.
    > >
    > > When I try to access my CVS server via mwCVS plugin, it doesn't works.
    > > I guess the problem is the password. How can I set my user password
    > > and avoid asking it everytime ...
    > >
    > > Thanks again!
    > > Regards ...
    > >

    > > Joseph Feld <pvtpylotcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > > > in article [email]4beb34a4.0307040733.521a012bposting.google.com[/email], Jorge at

    > > > When you select Checkout in the CVS/Recursive menu a checkout window will
    > > > appear. There's a text field for the Module name. This is the same name
    > > > you give when you place a project in a repository with the command-line
    > > > cvs
    > > > import -m command.
    > > >
    > > > Joe
    >
    > So, have you wasted more than USD20 of your time yet?
    Sorry for the late afternoon iness, but I was puzzled that the OP
    got CWCVS working and then wanted to switch for some reason. I'd be
    interested in learning the reason.

  7. #7

    In article <bf8n2l$cf3gf$1ID-2640.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    Thomas Engelmeier <jun03_nospamengelmeier.com> wrote:
    > In article <hawkfish-ECA419.15293607072003tribune.sj.sys.us.xo.net>,
    > Richard Wesley <hawkfishtrustedmedianetworks.com> wrote:
    >
    > > > So, have you wasted more than USD20 of your time yet?
    > >
    > > Sorry for the late afternoon iness, but I was puzzled that the OP
    > > got CWCVS working and then wanted to switch for some reason. I'd be
    > > interested in learning the reason.
    >
    > Well I have to admit neither of them works for me.
    >
    > CWCVS fails on OS X because the paths submitted to MacCVS X lack the
    > /Volumes prefix, so it might work for projects on the Source volume
    Thanks - that is good to know. Maybe one day I will get the chance to
    address this.

    I take it this is not a MacCVS problem?

    --

    - rmgw

    <http://www.trustedmedianetworks.com/>

    Richard Wesley Trusted Media Networks, Inc.

    "By eleven in the morning, math had been going on for two hours."
    - Rosemary Wells, "Voyage to the Bunny Planet: First Tomato"
    Richard Wesley Guest

  8. #8

    In article <bf8n2l$cf3gf$1ID-2640.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    Thomas Engelmeier <jun03_nospamengelmeier.com> wrote:
    > In article <hawkfish-ECA419.15293607072003tribune.sj.sys.us.xo.net>,
    > Richard Wesley <hawkfishtrustedmedianetworks.com> wrote:
    >
    > > > So, have you wasted more than USD20 of your time yet?
    > >
    > > Sorry for the late afternoon iness, but I was puzzled that the OP
    > > got CWCVS working and then wanted to switch for some reason. I'd be
    > > interested in learning the reason.
    >
    > Well I have to admit neither of them works for me.
    >
    > CWCVS fails on OS X because the paths submitted to MacCVS X lack the
    > /Volumes prefix, so it might work for projects on the Source volume
    Let me try that again...

    Huh - that is exactly the configuration that I am currently using.
    MacCVS 3.2b8, though, so YMMV

    HTH,

    --

    - rmgw

    <http://www.trustedmedianetworks.com/>

    Richard Wesley Trusted Media Networks, Inc.

    "There's nothing intellectual about wandering around Italy
    in a big shirt, trying to get laid."
    - Rowan Atkinson, "Black Adder:Ink and Incapability"
    Richard Wesley Guest

  9. #9

    In article <hawkfish-08DEAB.15254521072003tribune.sj.sys.us.xo.net>,
    Richard Wesley <hawkfishtrustedmedianetworks.com> wrote:
    > I take it this is not a MacCVS problem?
    I didn't have the time to completely check it when I tried some months
    ago. It was definitely an MacCVS 3.2 variant that complained that
    ":Development:Sources:MyCheckeOutSources:" did not exist.

    Right now I get with cwCVS 2.4.2

    "Cannot access /paperport/CVSROOT
    No such file or directory"

    and in MacCVS 3.3a2 the ubiquitous