Professional Web Applications Themes

[PMA] Predictions - Photography

"Martin Francis" <com> wrote in message news:ctomtv$vi8$svr.pol.co.uk...  > > I expect a D70 replacement- Nikon UK have just announced a 100 rebate. I > also expect a 300D/Digital Rebel replacement, as the rebate has just > finished. > > If not PMA, then Photokina. >[/ref] Not likely for the Nikon as it's less than a year old. Nikon UK is just dropping the price to match North America. Possibly a 350D but again it has a good position as the least expensive dSLR on the market, it has similar specs to it's competition....

  1. #1

    Default Re: [PMA] Predictions

    news:ctomtv$vi8$svr.pol.co.uk...

    > I expect a D70 replacement- Nikon UK have just announced a 100 rebate. I
    > also expect a 300D/Digital Rebel replacement, as the rebate has just
    > finished.
    >
    > If not PMA, then Photokina.
    >[/ref]
    Not likely for the Nikon as it's less than a year old. Nikon UK is just
    dropping the price to match North America. Possibly a 350D but again it has
    a good position as the least expensive dSLR on the market, it has similar
    specs to it's competition.

    Darrell Guest

  2. #2

    I gathered as many of the Nikon D200 hoax images here;

    http://www.darrelllarose.ca/gallery/NikonD200

    "Alan Browne" <ca> wrote in message

    > > I expect a D70 replacement- Nikon UK have just announced a 100 rebate.[/ref][/ref]

    > Recently somebody posted a French site link with several new Nikon bodies[/ref]
    shown
    looked

    Darrell Guest

  3. #3

    Default [PMA] Predictions

    What do you hope, desire or expect from this year's PMA?

    Alan Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Predictions

    Alan Browne wrote:

    A new Canon dSLR with 1D's full-frame sensor/electronics and 20D's
    body. Basically, if I had the money for a 1D/1Ds I still wouldn't buy
    them given their bulk.

    Or, a new Minolta Maxxum 9D with a 12MP full-frame sensor ;)

    Plus a nice 18-125/135mm f/2.8-xx walkaround lens from Canon in IS &
    non-IS versions and USM and non-USM versions.
    Ok, thats about it :)

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Guest

  5. #5

    To get laid

    "Alan Browne" <ca> wrote in message

    Canongirly Guest

  6. #6

    Canongirly wrote:

    Unlikely.

    Alan Guest

  8. #8

    > Unlikely.
    >[/ref]
    Speak from experience?

    Canongirly Guest

  9. #9

    Martin Francis wrote:

    > I expect a D70 replacement- Nikon UK have just announced a 100 rebate. I
    > also expect a 300D/Digital Rebel replacement, as the rebate has just
    > finished.[/ref]

    Recently somebody posted a French site link with several new Nikon bodies shown
    in small phots. Never was clear whether or not it was real or hoax, but looked
    real enough.

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    Alan Guest

  10. #10

    Canongirly wrote:

    >> Unlikely.
    >>[/ref]
    > Speak from experience?[/ref]

    Yours.

    Alan Guest

  11. #11

    Alan Browne wrote:

    Under hope I would put a CMOS 10 Mpix Konica-Minolta full frame.

    Under desire I would put a CMOS 16 Mpix Konica-Milolta full frame.
    (Of course under desire, there may be the notion that I can't afford it!).

    Under expect, I would not be surprised to see a Maxxum 5D which would have no
    A-S and possibly a smaller display. If this were to be, I suspect K-M would
    also "de-feature" it in other ways I would find unpalatable.

    It would be great if K-M came out with a Maxxum 9D, full metal body (a la Maxxum
    9), the large display, oversized viewfinder (say 125% of the sensor area) with
    electronic flash-synch (a la Nikon D70) with 8, 10 or 12 Mpix. ISO 50 - 3200.
    Non-flash based AF assist ('though I don't use AF very much, when I do, strobe
    asists are ugly, distracting and power wasting.

    Variations on this theme could include a pelicule approach (no mirror) with 5ms
    shutter lag. A full frame sensor (so dispose with the 125% above), etc.

    Of course a full frame sensor would require a larger A-S systems so more power
    drain, etc. I doubt K-M will ever go full-sized sensor.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Guest

  12. #12

    "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote in message

    I suspect D200 won't come, at least not yet. A D80 i'd understand- the name
    makes more sense, as I believe that (like Canon, Pentax and Minolta) they
    will capitalise on the recognised branding of their film bodies. I remember
    the disappointment that the D100 was nothing like the F100.

    The name D100 will go into the "marketing anomalies" along with the D30 and
    D60, and hopefully one day the *ist.

    Martin Guest

  13. #13

    On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:56:45 -0000, "Martin Francis"
    <com> wrote:

    You do realise that Photokina is only held on alternate years and the
    next one is in 2006?

    That said, the 300D was announced around the time of PMA (September)
    but in a year when the show wasn't held, presumably to hit the
    Christmas market. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing
    happen this year, although there have been a few plausible sounding
    rumours that around we might see something at PMA. A new Nikon does
    seem certain though, although the rumours seem to be divided between a
    D50 and a D90, and the spec is anyone's guess...

    Personally, I'm quite happy with my EOS 10D and would be more than
    satisfied with some nice new lenses to lust after!

    Andy
    Andy Guest

  14. #14

    "Canongirly" <com> writes:

     [/ref]

    Which, though?
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
    David Guest

  15. #15

    "Canongirly" <com> wrote in message

    I second that ;)

    Mac Guest

  16. #16

    Alan Browne wrote:

    I expect one of the "Big Four" manufacturers (but not Canon)
    will show new DSLR body with full frame sensor.
    I hope and desire it will be Pentax. :)

    SMC Guest

  17. #17

    Andy Blanchard wrote:

    > You do realise that Photokina is only held on alternate years and the
    > next one is in 2006?
    >
    > That said, the 300D was announced around the time of PMA (September)[/ref]

    PMA is usually in mid-late February each year.

    300D was announced in Aug 2003 so a non-Photokina year and many months ahead of PMA.

    Photokina is always in the early autumn (every 2 years).

    Alan Guest

  18. #18

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 11:24:20 -0500, Alan Browne
    <ca> wrote:

    >PMA is usually in mid-late February each year.[/ref]

    Sorry, got my shows mixed up. I *meant* to type "the time of
    Photokina (September)", hence the bit about a year when the show
    wasn't held afterward.

    Andy
    Andy Guest

  19. #19

    Andy Blanchard wrote:

    >>PMA is usually in mid-late February each year.[/ref]
    >

    > Sorry, got my shows mixed up. I *meant* to type "the time of
    > Photokina (September)", hence the bit about a year when the show
    > wasn't held afterward.[/ref]

    No excuses. Shoot youself. ;-)

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Guest

  20. #20

    "Martin Francis" <com> wrote in message
    news:ctu5ib$imd$svr.pol.co.uk... [/ref][/ref]

    > > You do realise that Photokina is only held on alternate years and the
    > > next one is in 2006?[/ref]
    >
    > nope, didn't. whatever do the people of Koln do for the rest of the time?
    >[/ref]
    Drink German beer?

    Darrell Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast