I have an application when I am using a webserviceconnector to get to CF, and a
datagrid to show the data to the user. In between the two is a dataset to aid
with sorting, paging (using the PageControl) etc etc. This is located within a
SWF, which in turn is inside a loader which is in turn inside a parent screen
application.

Trouble is, performance of this application is generally very poor, to the
point where on a basic ~500mHz machine I start to get the "Flash is running
slow" dialog from the player.

As my knowledge and experience of Flash is poor, can you guys think of
anything that I might need to consider doing? Data weight is typically around
10 columns and 250 records. Is there another way of acheiving what I need to
do?