Professional Web Applications Themes

POp Up Menus - Macromedia Fireworks

I am trying to create a nice nav bar using pop up windows. As usual the popup windows do not allign properly when sizing windows. Now in Dreamweaver there was an extension that helped. With MX this extentsion is not working well. I would like to know how do I get it to work? What are my other options Richard D. Bowers NESW.net...

  1. #1

    Default POp Up Menus

    I am trying to create a nice nav bar using pop up windows. As usual the popup windows do not allign properly when sizing windows. Now in Dreamweaver there was an extension that helped. With MX this extentsion is not working well. I would like to know how do I get it to work? What are my other options

    Richard D. Bowers
    NESW.net

    RockLobster Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: POp Up Menus

    Rock:

    But this is a fundamental problem when trying to have absolutely positioned
    page elements (i.e., your submenus) align with moving page content (i.e.,
    your centering tables). It would happen whether you were using popup menus
    or not.

    There is not an extension that will help with your pop-up menus. There is
    one that helps when using non-dynamically written layers, however.

    I am not aware of any problems with any such extensions. Perhaps you are
    not using it properly?

    Why not show me your page. When I see the code, I'll be much more effective
    at dissuading you from using these FW pop-ups....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "RockLobster" <net> wrote in message
    popup windows do not allign properly when sizing windows. Now in Dreamweaver
    there was an extension that helped. With MX this extentsion is not working
    well. I would like to know how do I get it to work? What are my other
    options

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Hello
    Thank you for your response. I found once I upgraded to FLASH MX my issues went away.
    Another satisfied Dreamweaver customer

    Rich

    Richard D. Bowers
    NESW.net

    RockLobster Guest

  4. #4

    Hi

    Can anyone please advise ! :-)

    I have created a pop up menu in Fireworks, imported it into dreamweaver . .. no problems.
    However, just underneath the menu, I have place a large .swf file, with the result, that when the menu drops down, it extends behind the embedded flash file, and not over it .

    Is there any method I can use to force the menu to show over the .swf file rather than behind it ?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Randal

    RandalBL Guest

  5. #5

    All Active content on a page will always rise to the top, so to speak,
    including Flash, certain form elements, Java applets, and Active X controls.
    This means that they do poke through layers. There is not a good
    cross-browser/platform reliable way to solve this issue, but if you can be
    confident in your visitors using IE 5+ or NN6+, then you can use the CSS
    wmode parameter. It doesn't work in all browsers (NN4) but it's implemented
    in the latest netscapes:
    http://devedge.netscape.com/

    MM articles:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/doents/flash_top_layer.htm

    And I'd recommend that you not use those pop-up menus anyhow - there are
    much better ways -

    http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/menuing/mcloser/index.htm

    or

    http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/auto_hide/index.htm

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    "RandalBL" <com> wrote in message
    ... no problems.
    the result, that when the menu drops down, it extends behind the embedded
    flash file, and not over it .
    rather than behind it ?

    Murray Guest