Professional Web Applications Themes

Pop-up Menus (Need Help) - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I've created a pop-up menu in fireworks and have exported it into its own folder inside an image folder on the website. When I open the index page, which is located one level up from the pop-up menu, and insert the menu using the Insert > Interactive Images > Fireworks Html everything works fine. However, if I make any changes to pop-up menu in fireworks and save then save them (exporting the pop-up menu again) the menu shows up on the index page, but the pop-up menu doesn't display. Is there a setting that I need to adjust for the ...

  1. #1

    Default Pop-up Menus (Need Help)

    I've created a pop-up menu in fireworks and have exported it into its own folder inside an image folder on the website. When I open the index page, which is located one level up from the pop-up menu, and insert the menu using the Insert > Interactive Images > Fireworks Html everything works fine. However, if I make any changes to pop-up menu in fireworks and save then save them (exporting the pop-up menu again) the menu shows up on the index page, but the pop-up menu doesn't display.

    Is there a setting that I need to adjust for the Z layer so the pop-up menu displays above the content on my page, or do you think there is something wrong with the mm.menu.js location (i.e., it's located in the page with the pop-up menu graphics and html code, instead of the index page). Any help with this problem would really be appreciated. I posted this same question about six months ago, but to no avail.

    P.S. The pop-up menu works fine when I send it to internet explorer from Fireworks, so I think the code is ok.

    Thanks,
    Hayden

    haydenwilliams webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pop-up Menus (Need Help)

    I got the pop-up menu to work again, but I had to delete the code from the index page (both the code in the header section and body section of html) and I delted everything in the pop-up menu folder. Then I opened the png file back up again in fireworks and exported it again to the pop-up menu folder and then inserted it back into the index page.

    Is there an easier way to edit/change the pop-up menu without having to go through all of this?

  3. #3

    No, there really isn't a foolproof way to move back and forth between FW
    HTML for pop-ups and DW. The method you've used tends to work best (delete
    and reapply).

    --
    Kim Cavanaugh, author
    Beginner's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks
    "haydenwilliams" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I got the pop-up menu to work again, but I had to delete the code from the
    index page (both the code in the header section and body section of html)
    and I delted everything in the pop-up menu folder. Then I opened the png
    file back up again in fireworks and exported it again to the pop-up menu
    folder and then inserted it back into the index page.

    > Is there an easier way to edit/change the pop-up menu without having to go
    through all of this?
    > Thanks,
    > Hayden

    Kim Cavanaugh Guest