Professional Web Applications Themes

popout menu html text problem - Macromedia Fireworks

When creating a popout menu it seems you can only create an image for the hotspot so that the menu will drop down. I wanted to make my whole menu from html text, but i cant seem to find where you are able to have the drop down come from text rather than an image. is this possible at all?...

  1. #1

    Default popout menu html text problem

    When creating a popout menu it seems you can only create an image for the hotspot so that the menu will drop down. I wanted to make my whole menu from html text, but i cant seem to find where you are able to have the drop down come from text rather than an image. is this possible at all?

    odette01 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re:popout menu html text problem

    Not sure if I'm understanding, but you want to make it with just html? Do you mean a script? If that is the case, http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/index.html has many.

    Hope I understood that correctly.

    =)
    Tiff

    << When creating a popout menu it seems you can only create an image for the hotspot so that the menu will drop down. I wanted to make my whole menu from html text, but i cant seem to find where you are able to have the drop down come from text rather than an image. is this possible at all?>>

    homepage
    etiphany Guest

  3. #3

    Hi

    Yes thats what i wanted to achieve, but not being so great on html yet i was hoping that the menu i had already created in Fireworks could be adjusted to just have the hotspot as text and not the image that it produces! If you see www.orcreative.co.uk/elaine you will see the result so far! Thanks anyway, i shall have a ready through the link you gave me.

    odette01 Guest

  4. #4

    Oh, oh, yeah. Der, I get it.

    And yes, you can create a text popup, instead of an image popup.

    --------------------------------
    Modify

    Pop UP Menu

    Add Pop-up Menu

    Click the Appearance tab

    Cells option:
    HTML sets the menus appearance using HTML code only.

    Image gives you a selection of image styles to use as the cell background.
    --------------------------------

    And when creating just an HTML popup, you can play around with the colors to match your layout.

  5. #5

    Oh brilliant!!!! Thankyou, thats just what i was looking for! A bit easier than working through code, im still learning and my brains not all that keyed up for it! Thats fantastic, thankyou for pointing me in the right direction!

    Odette

    odette01 Guest

  6. #6

    Default Re: Re:popout menu html text problem

    But you're still left with the sow's ear of a pop-up menu. Wait until you
    find all the unexpected ways it will break.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    "odette01" <com> wrote in message
    than working through code, im still learning and my brains not all that
    keyed up for it! Thats fantastic, thankyou for pointing me in the right
    direction!

    Murray Guest