Professional Web Applications Themes

Popup Menu - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hi in my dreamweaver mx site administration I have a model for the navigation. included is a rollover effect. now online everything is ok but in my local files when i open the popup menu it is empty. in other pics the function popup-menu is not active i cannot update the navigation or create a new one. If i open a file not in this site it is possible to create a popup-menu i already re installed dreamweaver mx but nothing changed anybody an idea thanks Jesper69...

  1. #1

    Default Popup Menu

    Hi
    in my dreamweaver mx site administration I have a model for the navigation.
    included is a rollover effect. now online everything is ok but in my local
    files when i open the popup menu it is empty.
    in other pics the function popup-menu is not active

    i cannot update the navigation or create a new one.
    If i open a file not in this site it is possible to create a popup-menu

    i already re installed dreamweaver mx but nothing changed
    anybody an idea

    thanks
    Jesper69

    Jesper696 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Popup Menu

    Are you using the DW/FW pop-up menus?

    The DW/FW pop-ups will add at least 35K of code overhead to the first page
    using them, as well as a large dynamic write to *each* page containing the
    menus.

    You should also know that they link to your files using doent relative
    links that are hardcoded in your javacript - not only are these links
    invisible to the DW link management routines (i.e., when you move a page in
    the site, you break the link), but worse, they are also invisible to the
    search engine spiders, and accessability (508) requirements. The only way to
    solve the second problem is to make sure that your pages have alternate,
    HTML-based navigation links on them.

    I am not fond of these menus (as you have no doubt guessed) and feel that it
    is important to know what you are getting into before you may devote much
    time to them.

    There are some excellent alternatives to these pop-ups that have none of
    these problems. Here are two methods that are very simple -

    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/menuing/mcloser/index.htm[/url]

    or

    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/auto_hide/index.htm[/url]

    Here is a method that is more 'hands on' but very slick and equally trouble
    free -

    [url]http://www.youngpup.net/?request=/components/ypSlideOutMenus.xml[/url]

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Jesper696" <cubismgmx.ch> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > in my dreamweaver mx site administration I have a model for the
    navigation.
    > included is a rollover effect. now online everything is ok but in my local
    > files when i open the popup menu it is empty.
    > in other pics the function popup-menu is not active
    >
    > i cannot update the navigation or create a new one.
    > If i open a file not in this site it is possible to create a popup-menu
    >
    > i already re installed dreamweaver mx but nothing changed
    > anybody an idea
    >
    > thanks
    > Jesper69

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    thanks for your help!
    Jesper696 Guest

  4. #4

    I hope it helped. How did you decide to proceed?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    > thanks for your help!

    Murray *TMM* Guest