Professional Web Applications Themes

Popup menus and frames - Macromedia Fireworks

I want to set up my popup menus to open the link in a different frame, is this possible? I would also like the popup menu to come up in a different frame from the menu image. Any suggestions?...

  1. #1

    Default Popup menus and frames

    I want to set up my popup menus to open the link in a different frame, is
    this possible?

    I would also like the popup menu to come up in a different frame from the
    menu image.

    Any suggestions?

    Paul Mutton Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Popup menus and frames

    On 8/25/2003 2:42 AM, Paul Mutton wrote:
    > I want to set up my popup menus to open the link in a different frame, is
    > this possible?
    >
    > I would also like the popup menu to come up in a different frame from the
    > menu image.
    It can be done, but don't go there.

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/fireworks/ts/doents/popm_ovrlap_fw.htm[/url]

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------
    Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url]
    Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes
    Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    -----------------

    Linda Rathgeber Guest

  3. #3

    Paul Mutton wrote:
    >I want to set up my popup menus to open the link in a different frame, is
    >this possible?
    >
    >I would also like the popup menu to come up in a different frame from the
    >menu image.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    Hi Paul:

    In the Pop-up Menu Editor, Content tab you can type a target in the the Target field. You're not limited to the four default options.

    For info on using Pop-up Menus in a Frameset, please visit the Fireworks Support Center at:

    <http://www.macromedia.com/support/fireworks/>

    and search under "pop-up menus, frameset"

    You'll find a couple of TechNotes that show how to work with this situation. A

    Also an article in the DevNet that explains how you can keep your pop-up menus from scrolling out of the window in a scrolling frameset.
    <http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/menu_scroller.html>

    Yes, that's my mug in that picture. They ed all the color out of me and removed my surrealistic background.

    There are those on this forum who are opposed to the use of framesets and the Fireworks pop-up menus as well. You'll need to decide for yourself what your website needs are and I'm sure you will be fine.

    --
    enthusiastically,
    mark haynes

    Announcing Macromedia DevNet Subscriptions
    Maximize your power with our new premium software subscription for Macromedia developers
    Find out more: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/devnetsubs/[/url]

    mark haynes Guest

  4. #4

    Mark:

    The problem is that the people who use these menus don't have the
    information to decide for themselves. Those that do have the information
    don't use the menus.

    Folks:

    If you are thinking of using the menus with frames, do what Linda
    recommended - don't go there. Give up either the menus or the frames. And
    if you want to do it right, give up both - in my opinion.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "mark haynes" <supportinfomacromedia.com> wrote in message

    > Paul Mutton wrote:
    >
    > >I want to set up my popup menus to open the link in a different frame, is
    > >this possible?
    > >
    > >I would also like the popup menu to come up in a different frame from the
    > >menu image.
    > >
    > >Any suggestions?
    > >

    > Hi Paul:
    >
    > In the Pop-up Menu Editor, Content tab you can type a target in the the
    Target field. You're not limited to the four default options.

    > For info on using Pop-up Menus in a Frameset, please visit the Fireworks
    Support Center at:

    > <http://www.macromedia.com/support/fireworks/>
    >
    > and search under "pop-up menus, frameset"
    >
    > You'll find a couple of TechNotes that show how to work with this
    situation. A

    > Also an article in the DevNet that explains how you can keep your pop-up
    menus from scrolling out of the window in a scrolling frameset.
    > <http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/menu_scroller.html>
    >
    > Yes, that's my mug in that picture. They ed all the color out of me
    and removed my surrealistic background.

    > There are those on this forum who are opposed to the use of framesets and
    the Fireworks pop-up menus as well. You'll need to decide for yourself what
    your website needs are and I'm sure you will be fine.

    > --
    > enthusiastically,
    > mark haynes
    > fireworks product team liaison
    > macromedia customer care
    > Please post all replies to this forum
    > For Fireworks support, go to:
    > <http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/complimentary/>
    >

    > Announcing Macromedia DevNet Subscriptions
    > Maximize your power with our new premium software subscription for
    Macromedia developers
    > Find out more: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/devnetsubs/[/url]

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    I like you better in color, Mark. :-)

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber

  6. #6

    I'm looking forward to seeing that picture.

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber