Professional Web Applications Themes

Popups work in IE 5.0Mac but not IE 6.0 PC - Macromedia Fireworks

I don't see any pop-ups on the page in Netscape 7. Are you sure you put fw_menu.js file in the root folder of your site? Best regards, Linda Rathgeber ---------------- Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url] Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url] Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url] -----------------...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Popups work in IE 5.0Mac but not IE 6.0 PC

    ----------------
    Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url]
    Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes
    Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    -----------------

    Linda Rathgeber Guest

  2. #2

    Thanks, yes I did upload that file at the top level. I also use 4.0 and just upgraded today to 4.2 after reading about some problems with 4.0 on this site. Does that mean I have to completely redo my work? I hear it fixes some incompatibilities with Nav. 6, maybe it might help IE 6.0 on the PC?

    Why can't the DW people make a more flexible drop down menu, then we don't have to mess with FW and all its problems. Designers don't have hours to spend reading about all the problems and fixes!!!!!

    lethargic webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    On 7/10/2003 1:43 PM, "lethargic" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Why can't the DW people make a more flexible drop down menu, then we
    > don't have to mess with FW and all its problems. Designers don't
    > have hours to spend reading about all the problems and fixes!!!!!
    There's nothing in a Fireworks pop-up that you can't do in Dreamweaver
    with Show/Hide layers. If you are looking for a solution that doesn't
    require you to build the menus from scratch, have a look through the
    tutorials, extensions, and product demos at PVII ones.
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com[/url]

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------

  4. #4

    > Why can't the DW people make a more flexible drop down menu, then we don't
    have to mess with FW and all its problems. Designers don't have hours to
    spend reading about all the problems and fixes!!!!!

    That's what good designers do. They solve problems.

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  5. #5

    You've got to be kidding, LOL :-)

    Fireworks Popup menus work with, um... JavaScript ;-)

    Try this:
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/mm2/themes/club/club_drop.htm[/url]

    Then this:
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/mm2/themes/tp1/pages/drop.htm[/url]

    Take two aspirins and call me in the morning :-)

    --
    Al Sparber - PVII
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com[/url]

    "Coen Naninck" <ccnkhome.nl> wrote in message
    > Linda Rathgeber wrote:
    >
    > > There's nothing in a Fireworks pop-up that you can't do in Dreamweaver
    > > with Show/Hide layers.
    >
    > Actually, there is: try making a popupmenu dissapear when doing an
    > onMouseout with Show/Hide Layers. You'll notice that the Javascript
    > doesn;t work as fluently as it could (or should for that matter)

    Al Sparber- PVII Guest

  6. #6

    I did not intend to insult Macromedia, I am saying that FW dropdown menus should not have been released with so many problems. With companies being cut to bare bones these days, designers have to be multitasking more than ever. I personally have spent 4 days working on this project as well as other projects and I have run out of time. I was expecting after 4 days and being able to view things perfectly in FW and IE 5.0 that I would not run into problems with IE 6.0 on the PC.

    It took me several times to find the updater 4.2 on this site and have it download correctly. The upgrade page did not have the 4.2 upgrade, it was buried on another page. I have spent plenty of time troubleshooting and researching.

    lethargic webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    "lethargic" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >I did not intend to insult Macromedia, I am saying that FW dropdown menus should not have been released with so many problems. With companies being cut to bare bones these days, designers have to be multitasking more than ever. I personally have spent 4 days working on this project as well as other projects and I have run out of time. I was expecting after 4 days and being able to view things perfectly in FW and IE 5.0 that I would not run into problems with IE 6.0 on the PC.
    >
    >It took me several times to find the updater 4.2 on this site and have it download correctly. The upgrade page did not have the 4.2 upgrade, it was buried on another page. I have spent plenty of time troubleshooting and researching.

    Hi Leth:

    I've looked over this thread and I still haven't seen a link to your site or a description of what you did to troubleshoot your menu problem on I.E. 6 on your P.C.

    You may have saved yourself a lot of time by logically stepping through the following TechNote:

    <http://www.macromedia.com/support/fireworks/ts/doents/troubleshooting_pop_up_menu.htm>

    ....then you could have told us at what point the menus quit working in that browser on that OS. That, along with a link to your page should have been sufficient for most of the regulars here to help you track down the problem.

    I was out of town this past weekend and was not able to catch up on the forums, so pardon me for not getting to this thread sooner. I've written or edited all of our TechNotes and have answered just about every question immaginable about pop-up menus over the past two and a half years. If you can step through that TechNote and then post your findings as well as a link to your site, we'll have a look.

    There is always a cause for something that happens and if you ask the right questions, you'll find out what it is and be able to fix it. ;~}

    --
    enthusiastically,
    mark haynes

    Announcing Macromedia DevNet Subscriptions
    Maximize your power with our new premium software subscription for Macromedia developers
    Find out more: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/devnetsubs/[/url]

    mark haynes Guest

  8. #8

    Mark! My FW god! Finally somebody with some sympathy! I am STILL working on this site, it is now 10:30 p.m. and I've been at it all day trying other alternatives, there just is no substitute for the clean look of popups. In the very first thread, I said my URL is:

    [url]http://ecom.sric.sri.com/POPUPTEST/SRICindex.htm[/url]

    If you rollover the first two items on the right (Asean report and Chemical Economics Handbook) I have disjointed rollovers on the left and drop downs (pullups) on the right. I created these with DW 4.0, using System 10 on the Mac. I can view things perfectly on a Mac with Explorer 5.0. However, my clients use PCs and Explorer 6.0. I can only see the first popup on the PC, not the second. And, on the Mac using Nav. 4.7, I can't see any popups. I was told to can the project because it's too unpredictable. The lessons I've seen and tried are about popups not lining up, that isn't the problem, they are not there at all. I am tempted to purchase some of the popups for sale mentioned above. If you can solve this I will be one happy puppy, given the hours I've played with this!

    anything but lethargic today

    lethargic webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  9. #9

    Mark, This should be my last post I hope-- I am reading the troubleshooting lesson, its really great. I will try those advanced settings, that would be wonderful if that is all that's wrong. I don't think you should waste your time now, as it sounds like my problem is covered in the lesson (unless you can see the solution really fast),

    THANKS SO MUCH!

    lethargic webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  10. #10

    Ha.....you have'nt had a 24-hour "wrasslin'" session with popups? The kind
    that invade your dreams and drive you absolutely freekin' mad?

    Oh, what you've missed.

    ;)

    BR

    "lethargic" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Mark! My FW god! Finally somebody with some sympathy! I am STILL working
    on this site, it is now 10:30 p.m. and I've been at it all day trying other
    alternatives, there just is no substitute for the clean look of popups. In
    the very first thread, I said my URL is:

    > [url]http://ecom.sric.sri.com/POPUPTEST/SRICindex.htm[/url]
    >
    > If you rollover the first two items on the right (Asean report and
    Chemical Economics Handbook) I have disjointed rollovers on the left and
    drop downs (pullups) on the right. I created these with DW 4.0, using
    System 10 on the Mac. I can view things perfectly on a Mac with Explorer
    5.0. However, my clients use PCs and Explorer 6.0. I can only see the
    first popup on the PC, not the second. And, on the Mac using Nav. 4.7, I
    can't see any popups. I was told to can the project because it's too
    unpredictable. The lessons I've seen and tried are about popups not lining
    up, that isn't the problem, they are not there at all. I am tempted to
    purchase some of the popups for sale mentioned above. If you can solve this
    I will be one happy puppy, given the hours I've played with this!

    > anything but lethargic today

    Bill Ray Guest