Professional Web Applications Themes

Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time? - Mac Applications & Software

I seem to recall reading somewhere that if 2 separate burners are hooked up, it is possible to record different discs at the same time. I think that it involved duplicating the software used to burn the CDR and choosing the appropriate burner/drive for the respective disc being burned. Of course, in trying to find a Usenet article concerning this, I found nothing! Did I imagine this? Much thanks for any help! _____________________ Regards, Paul Soderman I'm also on AOL as Kidpocono...

  1. #1

    Default Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time?

    I seem to recall reading somewhere that if 2 separate burners are hooked up,
    it is possible to record different discs at the same time. I think that it
    involved duplicating the software used to burn the CDR and choosing the
    appropriate burner/drive for the respective disc being burned.

    Of course, in trying to find a Usenet article concerning this, I found
    nothing! Did I imagine this? Much thanks for any help!
    _____________________
    Regards, Paul Soderman

    I'm also on AOL as Kidpocono

    Paul Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time?

    Paul Soderman wrote:

    I googled for "two burners" "in one machine", and a few articles (for PC)
    indicate problems with 2 burners & the source harddrive sharing IDE
    controllers. Otherwise, I dunno.

    Jerry Guest

  3. #3

    Yes, It's easy and pretty much as you described it––provided you are using
    OS X .(It *might* work in OS 9, but I doubt it, I never tried it in 9).
    I've had 3 burners set up for simultaneous burning, 1 internal, 1 firewire, and
    1 SCSI. (had to burn 150 CDs)
    I was using 3 copies of Roxio's Toast and 3 copies of the data I wanted to
    burn.

    In each copy of Toast you can choose which burner it will use in the
    preferences. If you only have one hard drive do some simulation burns in Toast
    to see how fast you can access data from the two data files from one drive at
    the same time or have 2 burners with buffer underrun protection. If you have
    the data on seperate hard drives that's even better.

    SteveINK Guest

  4. #4

    Paul Soderman wrote:

    There is software designed explicitly for burning concurrently to
    several identical drives; the one I've seen (sorry, I don't remember
    which) was a premium version of a common program, designed for a
    duplication installation.

    Other programs will let you do as you ask, using two instances of the
    program writing to different drives from different source files. In that
    case, the drives do not have to be identical. At one time, I
    experimented successfully with that using CDRWin; both drives were on
    the same SCSI card.

    Mike
    --
    net
    http://www.mrichter.com/

    Mike Guest

  5. #5

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=com
    (Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

    Paul Soderman wrote:

    In the Burn tab of New Compilation or Write CD window, check "Use
    Multiple Recorders".

    Ideally you want the drives with the same model and firmware version,
    but all Nero requires is there should be common write speed.
    smh Guest

  6. #6

    Mike Richter (Lying S) wrote:

    > There is software designed explicitly for burning concurrently to
    > several identical drives; the one I've seen (sorry, I don't remember
    > which) was a premium version of a common program, designed for a
    > duplication installation.[/ref]

    ( Why doesn't Easy CD Cremator do simultaneous burn? Is it because it
    "violates standards", Mikey? )

    Prassi PrimoCD Plus and PrimoCD Pro64 simultaneously burn to 2 and 64
    burners, respectively. Click'N Burn and RecordNow MAX simultaneously
    burn to 64 burners. Nero simultaneously burns to 2 burners.

    None of the programs cited above require multiple instances.

    None of the programs cited above require identical drives (with only one
    instance).

    Save your two bit experience, and breath.

    ( Why doesn't Easy CD Cremator do simultaneous burn? Is it because it
    "violates standards", Mikey? )

    ----------------------
    Mikey, you are a S!
    ----------------------
    smh Guest

  7. #7

    smh wrote:

    Please turn the volume down on the venom. Mike's answer seemed perfectly helpful
    to me. Most people for home use aren't going to need to burn 2 copies of the
    same disc at once, so Mike & I both assumed Paul wanted to run 2 *different*
    burns at once.

    Jerry Guest

  8. #8

    Jerry W Barrington wrote:

    Who Is Mike Richter and
    Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3CE83D5C.B6CEDFB%40mindspring.com
    (Messages 23 -- 45)

    Mike Richter, Any Material Connection w/ Roxio-Adaptec?

    Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (major bug)
    Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (critical bugs)
    Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (early/often in beta)

    Mike Richter & "Readily Acknowledge"
    Mike Richter & "Heard of None"
    Mike Richter Dishonest?

    Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?
    Frauds by Mike Richter (1 of 2)
    Mike Richter got Big Balls !!!

    ty Beta Testing at Roxio-Adaptec (i)
    ty In-House Testing at cRoxio-Acraptec (DAE)
    Frauds by Roxio-Adaptec (1 of 2)
    Mike Richter's Gobbledegook
    Frauds by Mike Richter (2 of 2)
    Mike Richter & "Once is not enough"

    Mike Richter & Enhanced CD (i)
    Mike Richter & CD Extra - SAO/TAO ?
    Mike Richter & CD Extra (ii)

    Mike Richter & ASPI (i)
    Mike Richter & Unstable Galore & ASPI

    Mike Richter & "Lethal for archiving"

    What an !!!
    smh Guest

  9. #9

    Jerry W Barrington wrote:

    ======================================
    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    ======================================

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=com
    (Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

    What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
    What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

    Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

    Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
    Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
    Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

    Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing
    smh Guest

  10. #10

    smh wrote:

    > http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=com
    > (Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)
    >
    > <a lot of rant snipped>[/ref]

    I really couldn't care less about your vendetta against the man. Please take it
    somewhere else, as these 3 groups are about CDR and/or Macs.

    Jerry Guest

  11. #11

    Jerry W Barrington wrote: [/ref]

    Are you bothered by "rant"? Why then do you torture yourself by reading
    them? Am I putting a gun to your head forcing you to read them?

    (Do you suppose LIES and FRAUDS belong in CDR group?)

    Isn't this about cdr?

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)

    =====================
    From: Mike Richter
    Subject: Re: Easy CD Creator makes CD-Extra disc
    with no track titles
    Date: 9/15/01

    If you want to do a true CD Extra, you have to comply with
    the rules for CD Extra - which means TAO and no titles.

    ECDC and anything else which complies with the standard will
    comply with the standard.

    I know that's hard to accept, but try - real hard.
    =====================

    Perhaps, it's Mike Richter who should try - real hard?

    <http://www.roxio.com/en/common/gloss2.html> (link invalid)
    <http://www.osta.org/technology/cdr.htm#s> (same as above)

    Session-at-Once is...used for CD Extra.

    In Session-at-Once recording, a first session containing
    multiple audio tracks is recorded in a single pass, then
    the laser is turned off, but the disc is not closed.
    Then a second (data) session is written and closed.

    ----------------------------
    Mikey, you are a Lying S!
    ----------------------------
    smh Guest

  12. #12

    Jerry W Barrington wrote: [/ref]

    Are you bothered by "rant"? Why then do you torture yourself by reading
    them? Am I putting a gun to your head forcing you to read them?

    (Do you suppose LIES and FRAUDS belong in CDR group?)

    Do you suppose this lie belongs in cdr group?

    ===================================

    ======================
    From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
    Subject: Re: Adaptec Take 2 Restore problem
    Date: (3/23/00)

    smh wrote:

    Take Two always made a valid boot disc for Win9x <=== ALWAYS

    Does your question not read like the classic:

    Have you stopped beating your wife?
    Like that one, yours cannot be answered simply.
    ======================

    But exposing the above lie does not belong in cdr group?

    ======================
    From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
    Subject: Re: Take Two Boot Disk
    Date: (10/31/99)

    Take Two has problems with its boot disc in NT4;

    I'm not surprised if it is also true in Win98 SE <== NOT ALWAYS

    Then beat up on them for letting it out in that condition.
    ======================
    smh Guest

  13. #13

    Jerry W Barrington wrote: [/ref]

    Is this only a rant, not libel?

    ===================================
    Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?
    ===================================

    Could you take a time off from your pontificating and explain the
    "discrepancy" between your posts of (10/31/99) and (3/23/00)?

    ======================
    From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
    Date: (10/31/99)

    Take Two has problems with its boot disc in NT4;

    I'm not surprised if it is also true in Win98 SE ... <=== Not Always

    Then beat up on them for letting it out in that condition. <=== Beat Up

    ======================
    From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
    Date: (3/23/00)

    smh wrote:

    Take Two always made a valid boot disc for Win9x ... <=== Always

    Does your question not read like the classic:

    Have you stopped beating your wife? <=== Wife Beating

  14. #14

    smh wrote:
     [/ref]

    > Is this only a rant, not libel?[/ref]

    PLONK!

    Jerry Guest

  15. #15

    Jerry W Barrington wrote:

    > > Is this only a rant, not libel?[/ref]
    >
    > PLONK![/ref]

    BTW, the following are all Mikey's posts. And you call them rants!

    > Take Two has problems with its boot disc in NT4;
    >
    > I'm not surprised if it is also true in Win98 SE ... <=== Not Always
    >
    > Then beat up on them for letting it out in that condition. <=== Beat Up
    >
    > ======================
    > From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
    > Subject: Re: Adaptec Take 2 Restore problem
    > Date: (3/23/00)
    >
    > smh wrote:
    >
    > Take Two always made a valid boot disc for Win9x ... <=== Always
    >
    > Does your question not read like the classic:
    >
    > Have you stopped beating your wife? <=== Wife Beating
    > Like that one, yours cannot be answered simply.
    > ======================
    >
    > ----------------------------
    > Mikey, you are a Lying S!
    > ----------------------------[/ref]
    smh Guest

  16. #16

    Jerry W Barrington wrote: [/ref]

    Is this only rant, not libel?

    From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
    Subject: CD Extra and Enhanced CD
    Date: 9/16/01

    There is a specification for CD Extra which defines it
    as a single session containing audio tracks followed
    by a data *track*.
    ----------------------

    The above Mikey's amamie drivel that CD Extra as single session by
    definition, no less, is to weasel out the Easy Coaster Creator bug -
    Easy CD CreMator makes CD Extra in single session:

    =======================
    From: "Brad Knust"
    Subject: CD Extra Problem
    Date: 3/3/00

    I'm running win2k, Easy CD Creator 4.01...
    I've been trying to burn a CD Extra disc, and when it's done
    (created "successfully", I might add), it's unreadable in my
    recorder and cd-rom drive.

    =======================
    From: Tim Kroesen
    Date: 3/3/00

    Your printout [CD-R Diagnostic report] clearly indicated that
    you did not produce two sessions on the disc...

    A CD-Extra contains Two Sessions, the first of which contains
    audio and is closed SAO. The Second session has Data...
    =======================

    Here's what cRoxio itself says about CD Extra in the glossary:

    CD Extra
    A multisession disc...

    How one can stoop so low to the extent of spewing totally opposite
    definition -- just to weasel out Ezcd bug!

    ----------------------
    Mikey, you are a S!
    ----------------------
    smh Guest

  17. #17

    Jerry W Barrington wrote: [/ref]

    Are you bothered by "rant"? Why then do you torture yourself by reading
    them? Am I putting a gun to your head forcing you to read them?

    (Do you suppose LIES and FRAUDS belong in CDR group?)

    Do you suppose this unadulterated, white lie --FRAUD-- belongs in cdr
    group?

    From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
    Date: 9/16/01

    There is a specification for CD Extra which defines it
    as a single session containing audio tracks followed
    by a data *track*.
    ----------------------

    But exposing the above unadulterated, white lie --FRAUD-- does not
    belong in cdr group?

  18. #18

    Usenet Abuse - Continuing Stalking, Harassment, Libel and SPAMMING via
    repetitive posting of the same material Thousands of times.

    com ; com

    com

    Additional references to portals that have recently banned this
    psychotic for Stalking, Harassment and SPAM should you require
    additional
    information.

    com

    com

    com

    net net

    com com

    com

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=3F971172.3967
    D1BB%40mindspring.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DPossible%2Bto%2Bburn%2B2
    %2Bseparate%2Bdiscs%2Bat%2Bone%2Btime%253F%26ie%3D ISO-8859-1%26hl%3Den%2
    6btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch

    From: smh <com>
    Newsgroups:
    alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.comp.periphs.cdr.mac,comp .sys.mac.apps
    Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:00:35 GMT

    "smh" <com> wrote in message
    news:com... [/ref][/ref]
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=com [/ref]

    > Is this only a rant, not libel?
    >
    > ===================================
    > Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?
    > ===================================
    >
    > Could you take a time off from your pontificating and explain the
    > "discrepancy" between your posts of (10/31/99) and (3/23/00)?
    >
    > ======================
    > From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
    > Subject: Re: Take Two Boot Disk
    > Date: (10/31/99)

    > Take Two has problems with its boot disc in NT4;
    >
    > I'm not surprised if it is also true in Win98 SE ... <=== Not[/ref]
    Always
    Up

    > Take Two always made a valid boot disc for Win9x ... <=== Always
    >
    > Does your question not read like the classic:
    >
    > Have you stopped beating your wife? <=== Wife Beating
    > Like that one, yours cannot be answered simply.
    > ======================
    >
    > ----------------------------
    > Mikey, you are a Lying S!
    > ----------------------------[/ref]

    Tim Guest

  19. #19

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    ( Reduced to living off the trash? )
    ( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

    Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

    Timmy, why don't you prove ANY of the following is a libel, instead of
    squealing like a stuck pig?

    Come on, Timmy. Stop buffooning around. After all, Mikey is pitifully,
    desperately counting on you.

    ( Why are you pipsqeaks unable to prove at least one of the following is
    a libel -- when Mikey has examples of misquotes ???!!! )