Professional Web Applications Themes

postback doesn't work with validators.! - ASP.NET Security

I have a strange problem.. once I put any validators on my form, say a simple RequiredFieldValidator, then there is no postback happening. Even on a button click, there is no refreshing of the form in the browser, and no postback !!! Is anyone else facing a similar problem ? What could be the possible reasons? I have even tried reinstalling VS.NET and IIS afresh, but no help !! Please suggest. Thanks....

  1. #1

    Default postback doesn't work with validators.!

    I have a strange problem.. once I put any validators on my form, say a
    simple RequiredFieldValidator, then there is no postback happening.

    Even on a button click, there is no refreshing of the form in the browser,
    and no postback !!!

    Is anyone else facing a similar problem ? What could be the possible
    reasons?

    I have even tried reinstalling VS.NET and IIS afresh, but no help !!

    Please suggest.

    Thanks.

    Anushi Guest

  2. #2

    Default RE: postback doesn't work with validators.!

    Hi Anushi,

    Really strange probs...

    Postback will not happened, only if the validator controls are not met their
    requirements or conditions. Otherwise post back has to occur.

    Make sure that you are clearing all the coditions of the vaildator
    control(s) you placed in your web form.

    Cheers,

    Jerome. M

    "Anushi" wrote:
    > I have a strange problem.. once I put any validators on my form, say a
    > simple RequiredFieldValidator, then there is no postback happening.
    >
    > Even on a button click, there is no refreshing of the form in the browser,
    > and no postback !!!
    >
    > Is anyone else facing a similar problem ? What could be the possible
    > reasons?
    >
    > I have even tried reinstalling VS.NET and IIS afresh, but no help !!
    >
    > Please suggest.
    >
    > Thanks.

    DotNetJerome Guest

  3. #3

    "Anushi" <someonesomewhere.com> wrote in message
    > I have a strange problem.. once I put any validators on my form, say a
    > simple RequiredFieldValidator, then there is no postback happening.
    >
    > Even on a button click, there is no refreshing of the form in the browser,
    > and no postback !!!
    >
    > Is anyone else facing a similar problem ? What could be the possible
    > reasons?
    >
    > I have even tried reinstalling VS.NET and IIS afresh, but no help !!
    Sometimes this happens when you use ID's that conflict with particular
    JavaScript methods or objects.
    For instance, never give your button an ID="submit".

    Jos

    Jos Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Jerome,

    Thanks for the response.
    My validators are correctly set.
    I tried the same application on other machines, they are working fine. So I
    am suspecting there are some system level configurations which are missing..
    maybe something in the machine.config file..
    any ideas ?

    Thanks again !

    "DotNetJerome" <reachjerome_-remove-the-underscore-after> wrote
    in message news:068AF46A-AF31-418F-A5EA-A91B9B1B080Bmicrosoft.com...
    > Hi Anushi,
    >
    > Really strange probs...
    >
    > Postback will not happened, only if the validator controls are not met
    their
    > requirements or conditions. Otherwise post back has to occur.
    >
    > Make sure that you are clearing all the coditions of the vaildator
    > control(s) you placed in your web form.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Jerome. M
    >

    > "Anushi" wrote:
    >
    > > I have a strange problem.. once I put any validators on my form, say a
    > > simple RequiredFieldValidator, then there is no postback happening.
    > >
    > > Even on a button click, there is no refreshing of the form in the
    browser,
    > > and no postback !!!
    > >
    > > Is anyone else facing a similar problem ? What could be the possible
    > > reasons?
    > >
    > > I have even tried reinstalling VS.NET and IIS afresh, but no help !!
    > >
    > > Please suggest.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    Anushi Guest

  5. #5

    Thank you everyone for your inputs. However, I just got it working.

    The .js files located here..
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_43 22 were bad.

    I replaced them with the ones created when I ran resiis again ! They were
    at.. C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ASP.NET ClientFiles

    P.S. Ian Norman.. disabling client-side scripting is a work-around, yes. But
    the validators start behaving wierdly after this. This has to do with the
    client-side scripting, and the two javascript files which perform these
    checks for you need to be in place :-)

    "Jos" <jnospambrandersfastmail.fm> wrote in message
    > "Anushi" <someonesomewhere.com> wrote in message
    > > I have a strange problem.. once I put any validators on my form, say a
    > > simple RequiredFieldValidator, then there is no postback happening.
    > >
    > > Even on a button click, there is no refreshing of the form in the
    browser,
    > > and no postback !!!
    > >
    > > Is anyone else facing a similar problem ? What could be the possible
    > > reasons?
    > >
    > > I have even tried reinstalling VS.NET and IIS afresh, but no help !!
    >
    > Sometimes this happens when you use ID's that conflict with particular
    > JavaScript methods or objects.
    > For instance, never give your button an ID="submit".
    >
    > Jos

    Anushi Guest