Professional Web Applications Themes

Postscript driver not working right since I got InDesign - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hi, every since I installed InDesign to replace Pagemaker 6.5, my postscript driver is not working properly. I have updated the driver, but that did not help. I tell InDesign to print using the PS3 driver, and it prints it the wrong orientation. I tried changing orientations in the print window, as well as in the printer properties, and even tried changing it in the actual printer itself, and none of those experiments worked - it still prints the wrong orientation. The only thing that works is to make a PDF and print from that, but I don't want to ...

  1. #1

    Default Postscript driver not working right since I got InDesign

    Hi, every since I installed InDesign to replace Pagemaker 6.5, my postscript driver is not working properly. I have updated the driver, but that did not help. I tell InDesign to print using the PS3 driver, and it prints it the wrong orientation. I tried changing orientations in the print window, as well as in the printer properties, and even tried changing it in the actual printer itself, and none of those experiments worked - it still prints the wrong orientation. The only thing that works is to make a PDF and print from that, but I don't want to have to do that all the time! I also noticed that when I Export to PDF and print using the PS3 driver, my color photos (that I print to black & white printer) look real dark and the contrast is too high. But when I print with my NON-postscript driver it looks fine (but I have no dot control so I don't want to use that!) AND if I make a postscript file and distill it it looks fine.
    What settings do I need to change to be able to print to my PS3 driver DIRECTLY from InDesign? Or what am I doing wrong that my color photos (but grayscale looks fine) come out bad using the Export function? I thought InDesign's Export function was supposed to be problem-free.
    J_Boone@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    things to start with - ID version, Printer make/model, OS?

    Stabbing in the dark is not my favorite pastime....
    Alan_Claytor@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    For what it is worth, there is nothing that InDesign or any other Adobe application does to modify the PostScript driver or any other printer driver.

    As Alan indicates above, you give us very little information to go on, both with relationship to direct printing from InDesign (which version?) to a PostScript 3 printer (what model) and in terms of how you are exporting PDF. There are any number of settings, especially with relationship to colorspaces and color management, that could affect your output color.

    - Dov
    Dov Guest