Looking to have a news ticker similar to the one at worldflash.com but
not as complicated, done in shockwave. For the first phase it will
only show local Canadian weather from a weather feed that we can pull
the weather from. It will be 848x40 with one line of news/text.

Depending on $$, perhaps the option to choose the background colour of
the ticker. I'm open to ideas and suggestions. We will be adding
things to it in phases so this will be an on-going project. Need this
right away and will pay accordingly for the rush job.

Possible weather feeds?

weatherroom.com
liveweatherfeed.com
weather.boygenius.com

Of course, this will have to be a self-installing application.