Professional Web Applications Themes

Press Simulation Problem on Epson 2200 - Help! - Adobe Indesign Windows

Has anyone else seen this problem? I created a CMYK flyer in ID CS 3.01, on a windows XP platform. All native ID components are CMYK (US Sheetfed Coated v2). All placed images are either EPS or TIFFs which were converted to US Sheetfed in PS CS before placing. So far, so good. In this 4/C flyer, I created a text box (light blue = 100C, 55M, 5% tint) over about half the page. The rest of the page is white. I used black text over this light blue background. I set up my monitor to soft proof a specific ...

  1. #1

    Default Press Simulation Problem on Epson 2200 - Help!

    Has anyone else seen this problem? I created a CMYK flyer in ID CS 3.01, on a windows XP platform.

    All native ID components are CMYK (US Sheetfed Coated v2). All placed images are either EPS or TIFFs which were converted to US Sheetfed in PS CS before placing. So far, so good.

    In this 4/C flyer, I created a text box (light blue = 100C, 55M, 5% tint) over about half the page. The rest of the page is white. I used black text over this light blue background. I set up my monitor to soft proof a specific press profile I received from my commercial printer, using paper white and ink black. As expected, the monitor showed a slight yellowing over the entire flyer, simulating the creamier paper used by the press. Again, all is well.

    Here is the weird part. When I simulated press output on my Epson 2200, the printer applies the extra yellow to the blue text box and the images, but not to the white portion of the doent. The soft proof on screen shows yellow over ALL areas, but not my print.

    When I printed to my Epson, I set my source to the proof, and my destination to my custom Epson profile with Absolute Relative Colorimetric rendering.

    I have custom profiles for both monitor and my inkjet, and I just received the press profile from my commercial printer. I get a great match from monitor to printer with Relative Colorimetric or Perceptual, but Absolute Rel Col goes buggy on me.

    This seems like it might be a software problem to me. Has anybody seen a similar problem, or am I doing something wrong.

    Thanks,

    Lou Dina
    Lou_Dina@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Press Simulation Problem on Epson 2200 - Help!

    Here is some additional information.

    I created a pure white image in PS, saved it as a TIFF, and placed it behind all other components in ID CS. The image looked the same as before. Without soft proofing, the white background was pure monitor white. With soft proofing (using press profile and AbsCol) the white background had a slight yellow appearance as I would expect. (Same as it was before).

    But this time, when I simulated press output on my Epson 2200, it laid down yellow on both the white and the light blue text box. So, it seems that ID is not soft proofing properly.

    I did not mention before that I am not using a RIP on my 2200, just the standard Epson RGB driver and a custom ICC profile.

    So, it seems to me that either the software has a bug, or there is a problem communicating with the RGB printer driver.

    Still looking for feedback. Thanks,

    Lou
    Lou_Dina@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Nobody????
    Lou_Dina@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Really....nobody else has this problem???
    Lou_Dina@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Looks like a bug. If interested, see the color management forum. Another user experienced the same issue.

    Lou
    Lou_Dina@adobeforums.com Guest