Professional Web Applications Themes

print is grey with little color saturation - Adobe Photoshop Elements

In hopes that no one will repeat what was my dumbest move so far (and cost me an hour of frustration)--- make sure in the daylight you know which is the printable side of the Epson Heavy Weight Matte paper. It is nearly impossible for me to ascertain by artificial light. When I enlarged an image (which was great as a 5x7) and printed it out, there was little color, mostly greys. I found the answer in the last place I looked...paper was upside down. DOH!...

  1. #1

    Default print is grey with little color saturation

    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: print is grey with little color saturation

    Geez Nancy,
    You're just a beginner ! <G> I did that same thing years ago. I think I invented it, in fact !

    :-)

    Brent
    brent_bertram@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Brent,

    I am going to leave the paper in the box from now on so I know the orientation at night!
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Nancy,
    I use a paper slicer to pre-cut my Matte sheets into half sheets and quarter sheets . It's even harder to tell when the paper is small sized in my basement room <G> .

    :-)

  5. #5

    In "the old days in the darkroom" I often checked, especially when printing on color paper, which was the printable size by touching it with my lips. The sticky side was the emulsion side. I don't know if this will apply to digital printing papers as well. I cannot check it as my printer is in the studio and my internet connection is at home.
    Might be worth a try.

    Leen
    Leen_Koper@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Nancy, maybe you ought to put a little pencil mark on the 'wrong' side of
    every sheet while you have good light to use...

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Leen,

    That's an idea, alas, of the papers I use, only my semi-glossy or glossy paper has that sticky feel... I had my "laughable blooper" with the flat matte paper.

    Nancy
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I hate to admit it, but my first try on heavyweight paper on my (then) brand new Epson Photo printer, turned out absolutely awfull.

    I had been through all of correct setup of printer & paper, as per manufacturers instructions, used one sheet for small test images, they were excellent. Finally, bit the bullet and went for a full A4 print at max quality.

    It came out like a paint spill. I couldn't figure out why for a time.

    Then it hit me ............. I had used the protective separator card. It wasn't much thicker than the paper, and I had pulled it out by accident, and put it into the feeder tray.

    Luckily, I have been studying hard, and I now know the difference between my R's and my elbow. (you have to say it - best not to write it) LOL

    Paul
    Paul_L_UK@adobeforums.com Guest