Professional Web Applications Themes

Print Preview no longer working (after the baby played with the keyboard) - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I have Photoshop Elements 2.0 on a PC and my Print Preview dialog no longer comes up. I think this happened after the baby was pressing keys. Now when I click the icon across the top or use the File menu, all of the other icons grey out and nothing works until I hit escape, then all of the icons return back in color. Other than the icons greying out, nothing is shown in the display. I tried uninstalling and reenstalling, but it still does it. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dave...

  1. #1

    Default Print Preview no longer working (after the baby played with the keyboard)

    David_Shenk@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    I don't have a clue what happened, but try deleting the Elements Preference folder. Which, by the way, wouldn't have been eliminated by the uninstall routine you did. It requires a separate search and destroy mission.

    With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a really quick grab for the (Win)Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down simultaneously until you get a screen asking if you want to delete the Settings. Say Yes. The folder will rebuild as Elements continues to launch, and all of the settings will return to default.

    If this doesn't clear it up, repost and let us know so somebody can come up with another suggestion. Or, actually, repost and let us know if it DOES help, too. It's always helpful to know what works under what situation and what doesn't. Thanks, and good luck!
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    David,

    From your description, my guess is that the Print Preview window is actually
    opening, but it's off the screen. (This happens a lot with the File Browser
    window, too)

    To try a fix without quitting Elements and trashing ALL of your preferences,
    on the menu under Window, click "Reset Palette Locations".

    Failing that, certainly go ahead with resetting preferences as Beth
    describes. That method has been know to remove all manner of warts!

    Byron

    Byron_Gale@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you both!

    I tried Byron's suggestion first, but "Reset Palette Locations" didn't work, but that got me thinking. I increased the screen resolution and looked around. THERE IT IS!!!!!!! The print preview window was hiding below and to the left of the main window. Not quite sure how it got there....

    I will keep Beth's suggestion to delete the Preference Folder in mind for future problems. Thank you both for such quick resposes.