Professional Web Applications Themes

Printer color doesn't match monitor - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I'm using Photoshop6.0 and Epson 900. Pictures from my Sony camera shape up on the monitor with no color correction. Print to the Epson results with 30 more green than on monitor. To get proper prints I subtract 30 green, increase contrast 30, and brightness 30. Results yield good prints. How do I correct 6.0 to print WYSIWYG? Gamma does not seem to have adjustments for these corrections. Bob...

  1. #1

    Default Printer color doesn't match monitor

    I'm using Photoshop6.0 and Epson 900. Pictures from my Sony camera shape up on the monitor with no color correction. Print to the Epson results with 30 more green than on monitor. To get proper prints I subtract 30 green, increase contrast 30, and brightness 30. Results yield good prints. How do I correct 6.0 to print WYSIWYG? Gamma does not seem to have adjustments for these corrections.
    Bob
    Robert Kraeuter Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Printer color doesn't match monitor

    Welcome to the wonderful world of color management.

    If you follow the advice at the link below, you will be on your way in no time.

    <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_print/ps7_print_mac.htm>

    Peace,
    Tony
    YrbkMgr Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks, Tony; I'll look it up right now.
    Bob
    Robert Kraeuter Guest

  4. #4

    Hi all,

    I've been having a monitor/desktop printer color mismatch problem for a long
    time. It's been very annoying because I couldn't get decent printouts of my
    digital photos. But it hasn't really gotten in the way of my work (magazine
    & promotion design for a trade show) because my files have been outputting
    OK by the printing (web) press. I'm not much of a techie so decided not to
    rock the boat.

    Reading this newsgroup has inspired me to experiment. By following the Adobe
    Gamma instructions at "Accurate Image Manipulation for Desktop Publishing"
    ([url]http://www.aim-dtp.net/index.htm[/url]) I recalibrated my monitor and changed my
    ICC profile AdobeRGB1998.icc.

    Finally the image on my monitor closely matches the output of my Epson
    inkjet printer and I'm satisfied. On my recalibrated monitor my previous
    photo edits look way over-saturated. So I'll just go back to the originals
    and edit them when I need them. OK, one problem is solved.

    Now that my monitor is compatible with my inkjet, I'm worried that I've done
    something that may make it less compatible with the web press. SHOULD I
    WORRY?

    Thanks in advance for your advice.

    "YrbkMgr" <avedisexcite.com> wrote in message
    > Welcome to the wonderful world of color management.
    >
    > If you follow the advice at the link below, you will be on your way in no
    time.

    > <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_print/ps7_print_mac.htm>
    >
    > Peace,
    > Tony

    2real4me Guest

  5. #5

    Why does the color of a photo on my work desktop differ from the print preview desktop? For instance, the desktop more closely resembles the colors of the file or scanned pictures, but the print preview does not reveal the true colors of the source. They tend to be more "greenish", and darker. Also the printer will print what the preview displays which is not what I want.
    Harvey Guest

  6. #6

    Harvey,

    Read Post #1. Go forth and do likewise young artist <grin>
    YrbkMgr Guest