Professional Web Applications Themes

printer colors wrong - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I use HP 2000C printer, the problem is a photo that is purple in it prints out blue, a photo that has blue in it , prints out magenta. I have calibrated the printer, the monitor , changed cartridges , changed printer heads , with same results. Purple flowers are to print purple flowers not blue flowers, and blue flowers are to print blue flowers not magenta flowers. I have searched online for help to no avail. I have changed printer settings too, same results. I am using Windows 98 SE. I have updated printer driver as well. I don't ...

  1. #1

    Default printer colors wrong

    I use HP 2000C printer, the problem is a photo that is purple in it prints
    out blue, a photo that has blue in it , prints out magenta. I have
    calibrated the printer, the monitor , changed cartridges , changed printer
    heads , with same results. Purple flowers are to print purple flowers not
    blue flowers, and blue flowers are to print blue flowers not magenta
    flowers. I have searched online for help to no avail. I have changed printer
    settings too, same results.
    I am using Windows 98 SE. I have updated printer driver as well. I don't
    know what else to do.

    Cats_4ever@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: printer colors wrong

    Cats,

    Have you tried the 'Ignore exif' download from the Adobe site? Is this happening with images from a digital camera?
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    It's happening with anything photo I have that has purple in it or blue in
    it, some are from my digital and some are photos from free stock sites.

    Cats_4ever@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    I tried the ignore exif , still prints wrong colors.

    Cats_4ever@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Have you checked for updated drivers for your video card? Now we're down to tossing out ideas!
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Cats,

    Look at this HP page where they describe a very similar condition and offer
    a solution.

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Doent.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId= 25517&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=bpd04913

    If that does not do it here is the start page for troubleshooting your
    printer:

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Resource.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId= 25517&prodTypeId=18972

    Pete

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I see now that the link to the first solution is for CorelDraw. That don't
    help.

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Cats, I think at this point I would try to get a fresh profile for your monitor and calibrate it again. If your old profile was somehow corrupt, no amount of calibrating would give you accurate results.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    thanks anyway Pete, I had checked it out last night when I did my search.

    Cats_4ever@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Barbara, I did do a fresh calibration but still have the same problem. I
    even redownloaded and reinstalled the updated driver for the printer.

    Cats_4ever@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Cats, I'm not talking about calibrating the printer. I mean the display profile for your monitor. You went to the manufacturer's website, downloaded a fresh copy of the profile and calibrated from that? That's really weird. I think Beth is onto something with her video drivers suggestion, then.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Cats4Ever-I hate to ask this but have you checked your ink. Just a shot in the dark but when I run out of one color or it's very low I get prints with incorrect colors. Example shadows all print orange instead of black but other areas print out fine...I'm sure you probably already thought of that but thought just in case I'd toss that out there.
    Terri_Foster@adobeforums.com Guest