Professional Web Applications Themes

Printing - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I want to print the added text I have added to a doent by text field tool. Everytime I go to print it, none of the text come out with the doent. How do I print the doent with the added text from using the text field tool....

  1. #41

    Default Printing

    Katrina_Simmons@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #42

    Default Re: Printing

    "Print what" - select Doent and Comments in the lower left corner of the version 6 print dialog box. (This is NOT the File>Print with Comments dialog box it's in the File>Print dialog box.) In version 5 it's a check box for comments half way don the right hand side of the Print dialog box.
    Cheers
    Ian
    Ian_Burton@home_in_Paris.fr Guest

  3. #43

    I've done that and it doesn't work still. I guess my question is how can I add text to a doent on adobe and have it print with the text attached to it.
    Katrina_Simmons@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Ian_Burton@home_in_Paris.fr Guest
    Moderated Post

  5. #45

    Katrina

    How you add text to a PDf depends on what exactly you are trying to achieve. If you are trying to add text to make it appear as an addition to a PDF for which you do not hae the original doent then you might try using the Text Box Tool. Do make this kind of an addition print then you need to do what Ian suggests above.

    You can also enter text into a PDF by selcting the Toucup Text Tool and holding down Ctrl and then clicking on the PDF where you want to enter text. You will be given the chance to chose your font (from a list of what is installed on your computer) and you can also change the size of it. You will not have however the normal word processor features however such as line wrapping etc.

    From your post you seem to have created a text field using the Text Field Tool. If the field you have created is not printing then check the General tab of the Text Field Properties. Here there is an option for maing the field appear on screen but not print - pehaps this is selected.
    Jonathan_H@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #46

    To add to what I have just written, this assumes you are using Acrobat 6. I have no idea why I am coming to this conclucion - it's perhaps just a hunch!?
    Jonathan_H@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #47

    I am using the 30 day trial of Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0. I have an application that has been created through Adobe which I got off a college website. I saved this Adobe application and then download the 30 day trail Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0. I opened the saved adobe application and am now trying to fill in the application by adding text to the application. I have gone up to tools>advancing editing>forms>text field tool and have been using this text field tool to add in my information. Now when I go to print the doent, none of the information withing the boxes comes out with the doent.

    I hope this helped
    Katrina_Simmons@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #48

    I am using Windows XP and my printer is Canon Multipass F50. I opened the doent by going to open and clicking on the save title of the application. The application I got from website <http://www.hamilton.edu/admission/ApplicationProcess/Non-traditional.html> . Then I clicked save a copy key. Thats how I got my doent.
    Katrina_Simmons@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #49

    Katrina,
    Thanks for the info. The tools>advancing editing>forms>text field tool is normally used to create forms for lots of other people to fill in electronically, but it's quite feasible (even though it's a little more complicated and time consuming) to use the forms tool instead of the text box tool.

    Lets take the forms tool stuation first. Once you've created a text field and put your text in the filed there are some properties you need to check to ensure that printing occurs. To get at the properties of the text field, select the text field tool and right click on the field - select the bottom menu option - properties.

    In the General TAB there's common properties and in here there's a drop down list for Form Field. One of the properties is "Visible but does not print" - is this the setting for your non printing fields? If instead this property is "visible" then it should print. In the Appearance TAB there are controls for font, size and color, border size, box fill and colors. In the Options TAB you can control what happens if there's more text than can fit into a text filed box - if you have "Scroll long text" set here there will be parts of the field that do not print. The rest of the options do not have any variants that could affect printing.

    To put text on a PDF that does not have preprepared form fields, a simple technique is to use the Text Box tool (Tools>Advanced Commenting >Text Box Tool). This works in a similar way to the Text Filed tool. Select the Text Box tool, draw a box where you want the text to appear and fill in the text. To control the properties of the Text Box, with the text box tool selected clcik in the box to get the handles (tiny boxes ine the corner) and then right click and select properties - here you can control border and fill color. Without any other modification of properties the text color is the same as the border color.

    To edit the text or change the properties of the text, with the hand tool selected double click on the text to put the cursor in the text. Now you can edit the text. With the cursor in the text press CTRL+E to get the properties toolbar up (View>Toolbars>Properties Bar). The properties toolbar changes according to what you have selected. While the mouse cursor is inside text you can control color, font, size, justification, bold, italic, underlined, superscript, subscript and strikeout.

    To print your text in the Text Box fields use File>Print then you have to select Doent and Comments in the print what section of the prit dialog box. (This is not the same as File>Print with Comments.)
    If you're sending the printed copy that's all you need to do.

    If you want to send the PDF with the Text Bow comments, it would be advisable to create a PDF of your PDF and comments. To do this select File>Print, select the Adobe PDF printer, in the printer properties select the Adobe PDF TAB, and in the Conversion Options select High Quality (if this produces a PDF that's too big to send by mail use instead the Standard options, but print quality may not be as good - try printing locallly to see which option is good enough print quality). Select what other options you feel relevant - "Prompt for PDF file name" should be selected so you can put the file in the directory you want with the name you want.

    I hope this addresses all your options and gets the form filled in - good luck with the application. Any more questions just get back to this thread.

  10. #50

    Help!

    Got a really weird problem. When printing a PDF file the output goes
    directly to a file called IP_100.100.100.100 (i.e. the IP address) but
    not to the printer.

    Everything else prints fine, and if I print to a different printer
    than its
    fine. It's just this one combination of printer and PDF's which
    exhibits
    this.

    I've obviously checked from print to file etc. This doesn't make any
    sense
    to me - can any one shed any light on this?
    scarygary Guest

  11. #51

    Not from script, sorry (unless aomeone knows something that I don't know).
    Alert the user when he clicks the print button to change to landscape mode
    or to adjust the margins from the printer dialog box..

    "Sue" <Suediscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a command button to print the web page. However,
    > not everything on the page is printed. For an example,
    > my data are organized into tables and that table is big
    > so not everything on the right side gets printed. Is
    > there a way to shrink everything so that everything can
    > be printed? An example is like microsoft excel where
    > there is a page setup that has "fit on one page" option.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Sue

    Raymond D'Anjou \(raydan\) Guest

  13. #53

    Could please suggest me some alternate for PDF printing through n/w port? I have tried creating acrotray.exe as a service under local user account but still no use.

    My requirement: I have two different machine load balanced with each other with adobe pdf printer and i need a common output location to save the output doent as the user may hit the alternate server based up on the load condition.

    Is it possible to map the Adobe PDF as a n/w printer? i have tried it but the doent spools and automatically gets deleted.

    Mani
    manikandan1983@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #54

    Acrobat is not for network use.

    >Is it possible to map the Adobe PDF as a n/w printer?
    No. It needs to be run locally.

    Aandi Inston
    Aandi_Inston@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #55

    Adobe Acrobat is NOT licensed for server usage - doing so is a clear violation of the EULA and therefore against the law. Please stop doing so immediately.

    Leonard Rosenthol
    Adobe Systems
    Leonard_Rosenthol@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #56

    Hi,

    Thanks for your timely advice.

    In production environment we have a licensed server version of PDF995
    printer.

    But i would like to know how adobe pdf printer works with the above environment, as i need to doent the comparison.

  17. #57

    The answer is that Adobe PDF Printer can't be used in that environment, so no comparison is possible.

    Leonard
    Leonard_Rosenthol@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123