Professional Web Applications Themes

printing auto cad files converted to PDF - Adobe Acrobat Windows

My drawings produced in AutoCAD 2002 and converted to PDF using Acrobat PDF Writer do not have the clarity needed for this to be viable way to send completed drawings to other people so they can view and print using Acrobat Reader. This would be a very good way to allow my clients to view and print drawings, but I need the clarity to be better. What can I do?...

  1. #1

    Default printing auto cad files converted to PDF

    Hugh_Self@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: printing auto cad files converted to PDF

    Use Distiler instead of PDFWriter. Even better, update to Acrobat 6 Pro and use the button Acrobat puts into AutoCAD, you can even preserve layers.

    Never use PDFWriter for anything.
    W_T_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I use AutoCAD ADT3 with Acrobat 6 Pro. When I installed Acrobat it added 3 buttons to the ADT3 Toolbar - Convert to PDF, Convert & Email and Convert and Send for Review. The resolution of the output using the Convert to PDF from within ADT3 has been more than adequate, even when "zooming" to view small details. My only complaint has been that when I open ADT3 I have to rearrange the buttons on my main Toolbar. This is because the PDF buttons are added as the first three items on the main Toolbar forcing other more frequently used buttons out of the viewing area. But, this is a small inconvenience for the capability of converting my work to PDF.
    a-Jim@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    a-Jim

    Have you updated to Acrobat 6.0.1? This seemed to fix toolbar problems in some programs.
    Dorian_Grey@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Do you receive the same print quality as if you had printed the drawing from CAD?
    Hugh_Self@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Yes, I just finished updating. When I opened AutoCad after the update the buttons were added to my floating toobars. As of this message, I have not logged on as other than the administrator. I hope that the change carries over when I log on as a Power User.
    a-Jim@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    a-Jim mentions that there is a button for send for review.

    I have remote office in another city. I need to send drawings for review. How are others getting this done?

    Do you use PDF for this or do you use something like Volo View?
    Hugh_Self@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Hugh,

    I have not used the send for review option. I have sent drawings in PDF format to clients so they can view them with the free acrobat reader. But, unless they have the complete Acrobat program, they are unable to add comments directly to the file. I have avoided using the "Send for Review" options because it defaults to Outlook express and I prefer to use Outlook 2000 for its record tracking capabilities.
    a-Jim@adobeforums.com Guest