Professional Web Applications Themes

Printing Different Pictures on One Page - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Is there a way to print different pictures on one page--like 4 different images on one page in Photoshop Elements? Thank you...

  1. #1

    Default Printing Different Pictures on One Page

    Is there a way to print different pictures on one page--like 4 different images on one page in Photoshop Elements?
    Thank you
    Richard Haasnoot Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Printing Different Pictures on One Page

    "Richard Haasnoot" <haasnootcox.net> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to print different pictures on one page--like 4
    > different images on one page in Photoshop Elements?
    As far as I know, Elements doesn't come with anything to automate this.
    Using only Elements, you'd pretty much have to create a new doent large
    enough to contain all the images you want to print, and paste them in,
    arranging them on the page as you like.

    However, there are other tools that do this automatically. I haven't even
    had a chance to try it yet, but apparently the add-on software that comes
    with new Epson printers these days does this. Also, Windows XP's image
    preview application (built into the operating system) has a print button
    that brings up a print wizard that gives you LOTS of control over
    multiple-image-per-page printouts. If you're using a Mac, perhaps Mac OS
    provides something similar.

    Pete

    Peter Duniho Guest

  3. #3

    Richard,

    File -> Print Layouts -> Picture Package

    Picture Package allows you to print multiple images on a single sheet.

    First you should select the correct page size... probably 8x10 if you have
    8.5x11 paper.

    Then, choose a Layout... you mention printing 4 images, so you might choose
    (4)4x5, which is the option for printing 4 4x5 images on a 8x10 page.

    Note that the righthand side of the dialog gives you an interactive mock-up
    of your final image. Interactive, because it changes as you select layouts
    AND... you can select each image dynamically. By clicking on one of the
    sub-images in the mock-up, you will open an image selection dialog, which
    allows you to select a different image for that part of the package. Each
    sub image can be different.

    Take care to set your Resolution to something suitable... the 72 ppi
    default doesn't please too many people.

    Play around with it... it's fun.

    You can also free-hand something like this, which some do exclusively.
    Either way works. It's up to you.

    Byron

    Byron Gale Guest

  4. #4

    Picture Package will allow you to print multiple images on one sheet, with a
    catch: it only works that way in Elements 2; in Elements 1, you're stuck
    with four copies of the same image.

    Otherwise, the alternative is to create a new blank image and drag-and-drop
    or copy-and-paste your images (after individual re-sizing) onto the blank.
    Details of how to do that can be found via a quick search of this forum;
    several participants have explained their approach to doing this.

    Hope that helps!

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  5. #5

    Peter,
    > "Peter Duniho" <NpOeStPeAdMNnOwSlPiAnMk.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > news:A72A82FA31E8FD02311566A2DCA0EE34in.webx.la2e afNXanI...
    Just a short note... We usually remove header before replying to this list. If you look at other
    posts, you'll see that 99.9% of the headers are removed from every post.

    Thanks,

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks for pointing out the difference between versions, Chuck.... having
    only used v2, I was unaware.

    Byron

    Byron Gale Guest

  7. #7

    "Ray" <carbone_2000hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:D2A80119D2B00A1A3C12850135C08335in.webx.la2e afNXanI...
    > Just a short note... We usually remove header before replying to this
    list.

    Just a short note... "We" always include headers as well as relevant text
    to our reply when replying to this newsgroup.

    Thanks for your concern, but I will continue posting as I am in the habit of
    doing. However, please note that I have not, nor will I, take the time to
    point out how difficult it is to read YOUR replies, when I have no context
    with which to interpret them.

    Live and let live.

    Thanks,
    Pete

    Peter Duniho Guest

  8. #8

    "Peter Duniho> > Just a short note... We usually remove header before
    replying to this
    > list.
    >
    > Just a short note... "We" always include headers as well as relevant text
    > to our reply when replying to this newsgroup.

    "We" .... (the people that have regularly posted on this forum for several
    years) DO NOT include headers!

    Ray is correct and kind to point this out for you.

    PeteD

    Pete D Guest

  9. #9

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:04:20 -0700, "Ray" <carbone_2000hotmail.com>
    wrote:
    >Peter,
    >
    >> "Peter Duniho" <NpOeStPeAdMNnOwSlPiAnMk.com> a écrit dans le message de
    >> news:A72A82FA31E8FD02311566A2DCA0EE34in.webx.la2e afNXanI...
    >
    >Just a short note... We usually remove header before replying to this list. If you look at other
    >posts, you'll see that 99.9% of the headers are removed from every post.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Ray

    Ray,

    I belive that you have played a "guardian of the "constitution" once
    before... With all due respect - please keep to your own. Don't play
    a policeman here.

    In good spirit, but serious,

    ZR
    ZR Guest

  10. #10

    "Pete D" <Miatapete no spam > wrote in message
    news:815923995BBCCF8C0F46F0DA4BB86C55in.webx.la2e afNXanI...
    > "We" .... (the people that have regularly posted on this forum for
    several
    > years) DO NOT include headers!
    I know you don't. And it drives me up the wall. But you don't see me
    whining about it, do you?
    > Ray is correct and kind to point this out for you.
    He is truly correct about his own habits and yours as well. I wouldn't say
    the word "kind" is what came to mind when I read his message.

    Pete

    Peter Duniho Guest

  11. #11

    Pete Duniho:

    A suggestion on this one: the biggest complaint people have about the
    practice of answering with text from the message being cited is the presence
    of the original poster's e-mail address; even though it's in the forum
    information file, it's just a little jarring to have it out there for
    everyone to see - sort of an invasion of privacy feeling. If you could
    remove that address and leave the name behind, I think a few more people
    would agree that snippets of the original message are helpful to keeping
    track of where the message arose and what's being addressed in the reply.

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  12. #12

    Peter,
    > Just a short note... "We" always include headers as well as relevant text
    > to our reply when replying to this newsgroup.
    Did you have a rough day or what? :-) You make it sound like if I was jumping at your throat. Cool
    down. Btw, the "we" was meant in reference to us, the forum regulars (I believe I qualify as one,
    having been here for about close to a year now, on a regular basis).
    > Thanks for your concern, but I will continue posting as I am in the habit of
    > doing. However, please note that I have not, nor will I, take the time to
    > point out how difficult it is to read YOUR replies, when I have no context
    > with which to interpret them.
    You're right. See, I can adapt :-)
    > Live and let live.
    That's what I'm always doing. Some people know me a little more on this board than other, and they
    would all testify that this is just what I do, all of the time.

    When I pointed out what we (this forum regulars) do usually, I did so only to spare you the trouble.
    If you've read carefully, I only mentionned the header, not the body of the message. Sometimes, it
    helps to leave a few sentences, to put things in context. But the e-mail address and message ID, as
    you've probably noticed, almost no one around here leaves them in their reply. I'm with a
    newsreader myself, and I remove every part before I send them.

    When I joined this board, I was reminded very quickly to remove the headers. So I did. Now, if you
    don't want to do it yourself, that's your call man. I won't talk about it again.

    Cheers,

    Ray

    Ray Guest