Professional Web Applications Themes

Printing picture package - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I am having trouble printing my pictures using picture package to print two different kinds of pictures. They print totally black. As long as there are two different pictures on the page they print just find. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I tried to find help in adobe and could not find any....

  1. #1

    Default Printing picture package

    I am having trouble printing my pictures using picture package to print two different kinds of pictures. They print totally black. As long as there are two different pictures on the page they print just find. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I tried to find help in adobe and could not find any.
    Judy Little Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Printing picture package

    Could you please expand on the difference between "two different kids of pictures" versus "two different pictures"? Include information about the format and resolution. I'm suspecting you're asking Picture Package to deal with something different about each image besides its subject, but I can't tell for sure.
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    sorry about that. The pictures were of the same type. They were two pictures that I had just scanned in and as long as I was printing 2(5x7) that are the same they printed great. But if I changed one the the picture so that I had two different photos on the same page, the page printed out black. I havn't a clue as to what is going on. I am using xp, but the program said that it would work with xp.
    Judy Little Guest

  4. #4

    You're right about Elements working in XP, so that's not it.

    Do they "preview" OK? I don't remember this problem coming up before, and I see nobody else respnded, so let's try an experiment. Instead of using Picture Package to print those two photos, do this:

    Set up a new blank canvas with either a transparent or white background and set to the same resolution as your scanned images. Open each image and drag and drop it on to the new canvas. See if they print properly from there. If not, then at least Picture Package has been eliminated as the source of the trouble and we can move on to other ideas.

    I just had a thought. I don't know how often you use Picture Package, and I've never used it, but I think it defaults to a resolution of 72ppi. Did you change the resolution to match that of the images you wanted to print? I just had this wild vision of a couple of higher res images plopped down on a low res canvas - and winding up with something unrecognizable. You don't suppose?
    Beth Haney Guest