Professional Web Applications Themes

Printing problem - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Often when I attempt to print a photograph in Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 only one quarter of the image is printed on an 8"x10" or an 11"x17" piece of paper. My printer is an Epson Photo Stylus EX. I've checked with Epson and after numerous phone calls and attempts to resolve the problem, they said to check with Adobe. So here I am. Any help? I'm working with Microsoft XP. My computer is a Dell 8250. Joe...

  1. #1

    Default Printing problem

    Joe_Razza@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Printing problem

    Joe,

    Most recent occurrence of this problem was cured by computer housekeeping;
    Delete temp internet files, Windows temp files, scan disk and defrag.

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    If your picture is from a digital camera, it could very well be much larger than the paper you are trying to print it on. If you choose to "Print with Preview", you will see that one of your options is a check box to enable you to "Scale to fit media". Have you selected that option?
    Jim_Hess@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Pete D: Thanks for your suggestions. I will try doing that now.

    Jim Hess: I will check the print to scale boz to see if that makes a difference. Thanks,

  5. #5

    Joe,

    Do you have bi-directional turned on for your port?
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I just checked my printer's status and the bi-directional box is not checked. I have on one printer. That feature is in gray type and there is no check mark in the box. But thanks for the suggestion.

  7. #7

    I managed to print one page at 11x14. When I tried to print that same page again, It printed only a quarter of the image. I wanted to reprint the image because I was getting some banding in it. However, the printer only went half the distance then returned the head to the starting point and continued in that fashion until I was able to cancel the printing job.

    I'm really baffled--more than usual.

  8. #8

    Joe,

    In your printer options...you do have the orientation appropriately labeled, right? I mean if the longest dimension is vertical, this is portrait orientation, if the longest is horizontal this is landscape.
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Joe,

    I just read your new post...

    Look under Image size, what are the dimensions and resolution of the image?
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    I have a simple question that i'm sure you all will know the answer to. I have Adobe Photo Elements 2.0 and I am running Windows 98 SE. When I tried to print a photograph the picture was perfect except for the thin black lines running horizontal about every inch across the photo. HELP! I know that it must be something that I haven't done right in setting up the printer to print it. Any help will be appreciated.

    Tina
    Tina_Cole@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Before you spent too much energy on the printer, check one thing: Look at the resolution of your image in Elements and make sure it doesn't have a fraction showing, like 301.657. They have to be whole numbers or a printer goes crazy trying to figure out how to print a partial pixel. This is a simple fix that normally corrects this kind of problem, so I hope it works for you. Good luck!
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Tina,

    I'll bet that you changed the physical size of your image and resulted in a resolution that is not a whole number (example: 157.231ppi). Printers don't understand partial pixels and will put in lines when printing. Or, you may have a driver problem. Be sure that the driver you are using is compatible with YOUR version of Windows and the program. That can cause lines also.

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Thank you, Bob and Beth. I will try your suggestions.

  14. #14

    Thanks a million Bob and Beth. It was a resolution issue and your suggestions worked!

  15. #15

    Glad to hear you've got your printing problem fixed, Tina.