Professional Web Applications Themes

Printing problems - not printing the bullets I have in the doent - Adobe Indesign Windows

I use Indesign CS (Pagemaker edition) with the plug-ins. I use the plug-ins to create raindrop bullets for a lot of my text. But when I take my file to Alphagraphics print shop for printing, it never comes out with the raindrop bullets I had in the doent. It had an ugly "u" shaped bullet when I went to check out the proof. Why is that? I am preflighting and packaging before taking it to the printshop. Am I doing it wrong? Or does Alphagraphics need to have the same plug-ins on their machines in order to print my work ...

  1. #1

    Default Printing problems - not printing the bullets I have in the doent

    I use Indesign CS (Pagemaker edition) with the plug-ins. I use the plug-ins to create raindrop bullets for a lot of my text. But when I take my file to Alphagraphics print shop for printing, it never comes out with the raindrop bullets I had in the doent. It had an ugly "u" shaped bullet when I went to check out the proof.

    Why is that? I am preflighting and packaging before taking it to the printshop. Am I doing it wrong? Or does Alphagraphics need to have the same plug-ins on their machines in order to print my work correctly?
    Jennifer_Butler@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    More likely, Alphagraphics doesn't have the font you're using for your bullet.

    Why not take them a PDF file with the fonts embedded?

    Dave
    Dave_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    More likely, Alphagraphics doesn't have the font you're using for your
    bullet.

    That can't be unless she didn't package the fonts Dave, she said that she packaged before taking it to the print shop. I've had experience with this sort of thing in the past and I'm not exactly sure what is the cause but I do know that it's PostScript related.

    OTOH, Dave's suggestion to go with PDF should work.

    You can also make those raindrop bullets into a graphic by making one on a blank new doent, convert to outlines, export and place as an inline graphic. It's a crappy way to do it but it will work if you don't have other options.
    Gabriel_Ayala@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    > That can't be unless she didn't package the fonts

    Why not? Do you think the OP is only one who ownes the font?

    Besides, it's usually a lisensing violation to supply a font to a
    printer that doesn't own it in the first place.

    PDF is the way to go.

    One not about AlphaGraphics. IME their high end printing is excellent
    with ID files. But their lower end RIPs for color copiers can't handle
    ID transparency very well.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest