I have setup a Red Hat 7.3 GNU/Linux server for printing, on it I setup a
printer using lpr which prints to an hp network ready printer (HP 4100
Laser). On large PCL print jobs the job will print about half way and then
start over. I have increased the timeout variables in /etc/lpd.conf to the
below values.

/etc/lpd.conf (only changes are listed)

# Purpose: connection timeout for remote printers
# default connect_timeout=10 (INTEGER)
connect_timeout=100

/etc/printcap (only printer entry is listed)

np1:\
:ml=0:\
:mx=0:\
:sd=/var/spool/lpd/np1:\
:af=/var/spool/lpd/np1/np1.acct:\
:sh:\
:rm=np1:\
:rp=raw1:

Also I changed some values on the printer the TCP Idle Timeout is set to
2700 Seconds and the parallel port timeout is set to 300 seconds.

Thank You in Advance for Any Help,
Jeffrey Sawyer
AEN Pacific
[email]jsawyeraenpacific.com[/email]