Professional Web Applications Themes

Pro photo mag's advice on dust motes - Photography

If you get dust specs on your images using your DSLR, one magazine suggest making sure your camera bag is clean inside. Vacm it out. -Rich...

  1. #1

    Default Pro photo mag's advice on dust motes

    If you get dust specs on your images using
    your DSLR, one magazine suggest making sure
    your camera bag is clean inside. Vacm it out.
    -Rich
    RichA Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pro photo mag's advice on dust motes

    "RichA" <com> wrote in message

    I am becoming a fan of the Copper Hill method.

    C Guest

  3. #3

    "C J Campbell" <com> wrote in message

    > I am becoming a fan of the Copper Hill method.
    >
    >[/ref]

    I agree. The copper Hill website gives very good information and promotes
    what I think is a superior device for swabbing the sensor.

    Just a couple of weeks ago I also got a sensor brush from Visibledust. I
    have tried it only once, but really liked it. I plan on using the solvent
    free method of cleaning with the Sensor Brush (Visibledust), resorting to
    wet-cleaning with the SensorSwipe from Copper Hill if/when required.

    Just for the record, here are the websites

    http://www.visibledust.com/index.htm
    http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning

    I agree with the original post, that prevention is better than cure so
    keeping the camera bag, lenses and other items dust free is to be
    recommended.

    Dennis

    Dennis Guest

  4. #4

    "Dennis Bradley" <freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:cttnpc$6s5$svr.pol.co.uk...

    You mean, don't do like I did, where I saw just on little speck of dust on
    the sensor, figured it would not hurt to just dab it out once with a lens
    cloth.....

    It took me weeks to remove all the lint from the camera. I still don't think
    I have it all out.

    And for my next trick, I think I will just drop an anvil on my bare toe. It
    would be less stupid.

    C Guest

  5. #5

    > You mean, don't do like I did, where I saw just on little speck of dust on
    > the sensor, figured it would not hurt to just dab it out once with a lens
    > cloth.....
    >
    > It took me weeks to remove all the lint from the camera. I still don't
    > think
    > I have it all out.
    >
    > And for my next trick, I think I will just drop an anvil on my bare toe.
    > It
    > would be less stupid.
    >
    >[/ref]
    When I do things like that I feel like kicking myself. Don't think I will
    follow your example though. :-))

    Dennis

    Dennis Guest

  6. #6

    In message <com>,
    RichA <com> wrote:

    Vacuuming reduces the amount of dust in an environment, but the very act
    moves it around, replacing removed dust with new dust (you're drawing
    air from the room into the area of low pressure). A better system would
    be a vacuum combined with a er, with the er ing filtered air
    into the vicinity, so that it replaced the air that the vacuum is
    removing, instead of particulate air from the environment.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <komm>

  7. #7

    On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:00:42 GMT, komm wrote:

    >Vacuuming reduces the amount of dust in an environment, but the very act
    >moves it around, replacing removed dust with new dust (you're drawing
    >air from the room into the area of low pressure). A better system would
    >be a vacuum combined with a er, with the er ing filtered air
    >into the vicinity, so that it replaced the air that the vacuum is
    >removing, instead of particulate air from the environment.[/ref]

    Or vacuum outside. Depending on the environment (e.g. here in
    Southern Ontario surrounded by snow-covered ground and somewhat damp
    air, you can hardly get a more dust-free environment. Ken
    Ken Guest