Professional Web Applications Themes

Problem accessing asp site - ASP

I'm not an asp expert. I'm having a little difficulty accessing a site (over the LAN). When I enter the default page into the web browser's address bar, it pops up a domain login screen, rather than the default page. Now, if there is a local user account on the web server with the same name and password as the person trying to hit the machine, then the domain login box does not appear and the default page is displayed. Since I don't know all the passwords of the users that will be hitting this site, I cannot add them ...

  1. #1

    Default Problem accessing asp site

    I'm not an asp expert. I'm having a little difficulty accessing a site
    (over the LAN). When I enter the default page into the web browser's
    address bar, it pops up a domain login screen, rather than the default
    page. Now, if there is a local user account on the web server with the
    same name and password as the person trying to hit the machine, then the
    domain login box does not appear and the default page is displayed. Since
    I don't know all the passwords of the users that will be hitting this site,
    I cannot add them as local users.

    I have checked all the sharing/security/etc. options that I can think of,
    but because I'm relatively new to asp, there must be something simple that
    I'm missing.

    Any assistance is appreciated.

    --
    Chris

    To send me an E-mail, remove the underscores and lunchmeat from my E-Mail
    address.
    Chris Dunaway Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Problem accessing asp site

    Your site is not setup to allow anonymous access. If you're not sure
    exactly what this means, post over to .inetserver.iis and ask "How do I
    enable anonymous access for my site?" or something along those lines.

    Ray at work

    "Chris Dunaway" <dunawayc_lunchmeat_sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > I'm not an asp expert. I'm having a little difficulty accessing a site
    > (over the LAN). When I enter the default page into the web browser's
    > address bar, it pops up a domain login screen, rather than the default
    > page. Now, if there is a local user account on the web server with the
    > same name and password as the person trying to hit the machine, then the
    > domain login box does not appear and the default page is displayed. Since
    > I don't know all the passwords of the users that will be hitting this
    site,
    > I cannot add them as local users.
    >
    > I have checked all the sharing/security/etc. options that I can think of,
    > but because I'm relatively new to asp, there must be something simple that
    > I'm missing.
    >
    > Any assistance is appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Chris
    >
    > To send me an E-mail, remove the underscores and lunchmeat from my E-Mail
    > address.

    Ray at Guest

  3. #3

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:09:18 -0400, Ray at <> wrote:
    > Your site is not setup to allow anonymous access. If you're not sure
    > exactly what this means, post over to .inetserver.iis and ask "How do I
    > enable anonymous access for my site?" or something along those lines.

    Thanks for responding. But when I right click on the site, choose
    properties, and then check Directory Security, it seems to be configured
    for Anonymous access. I checked NTFS permissions for the folders and just
    for kicks and giggles I gave "Everyone" full control over that folder.
    Still no joy.

  4. #4

    "If you're not sure exactly what this means, post over to
    ..inetserver.iis..."

    Ray at work, 2003

    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:09:18 -0400, Ray at <> wrote:
    >
    > > Your site is not setup to allow anonymous access. If you're not sure
    > > exactly what this means, post over to .inetserver.iis and ask "How do I
    > > enable anonymous access for my site?" or something along those lines.
    > >

    > Thanks for responding. But when I right click on the site, choose
    > properties, and then check Directory Security, it seems to be configured
    > for Anonymous access. I checked NTFS permissions for the folders and just
    > for kicks and giggles I gave "Everyone" full control over that folder.
    > Still no joy.
    >
    > --
    > Chris
    >
    > To send me an E-mail, remove the underscores and lunchmeat from my E-Mail
    > address.

    Ray at Guest

  5. #5

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:59:36 -0400, Ray at <> wrote:
    > "If you're not sure exactly what this means, post over to
    > .inetserver.iis..."
    >
    > Ray at work, 2003
    Yes, I know what it means. But thanks for the help and I'll post over
    there.

    Regards,