Professional Web Applications Themes

Problem copying data into the graph tool in Illustrator CS2 - Adobe Illustrator Windows

When I copy data into the graph tool or even from one graph cell to another within Illustrator I get a lot of extra characters. In the knowledgebase I found this: "The graph tool in Illustrator CS2 does not recognize pasted text correctly." Is there are work around? Thanks, Jeff...

  1. #1

    Default Problem copying data into the graph tool in Illustrator CS2

    Jeff_Wild@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    This problem is fixed in the 12.0.1 update.
    Teri Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Teri -- but I don't see that update on the site. Is it available? I also found an answer by folling the instuctions in the knowledgebase. I was able to import a delimited txt file. I had tried that before and it didn't work, but by reinstalling Illustrator it must have fixed something or added a new filter -- it worked this time.

  4. #4

    Hi Jeff,

    It's not on the website yet, but if you select Help>Updates from Illustrator it should show up. Please let me know if it doesn't.

    Shane
    Adobe Tech Support
    ShaneAdobeTS@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Shane,

    Thanks for the response, but I did go to >Help>Updates and the only two updates that were found were:

    --Adobe Bridge 1.00
    --Adobe Stock Photos 1.0.3

    Nothing for Illustrator.

    With warm regards,

  6. #6

    Sigh....

    Are you using the point product of Illustrator or do you have the Creative Suite?

  7. #7

    I have the Tryout version of Illustrator, though I plan on buying the CS soon.

  8. #8

    The updater does not work on the Tryout version.

    The Tryout is for just that, trying out Illustrator to see what it does. It isn't meant for doing actual work.
    Teri Guest

  9. #9

    That's fair. But it sure works great.

  10. #10

    I am using the Creative Suite version, and "updates" on the help menu isn't even available to me. Suggestions?
    Linda
    Linda_Townes@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Hi Linda,

    Updates is not available from any of the applications or just Illustrator?

    Do you have the AdobeUpdater.exe in the following folder?

    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater

  12. #12

    I noticed I didn't have updates in InDesign either. I do have the AdobeUpdater.exe file you mentioned. I ran that, and found the 12.0.1 update. I'll let you know if it doesn't work.
    Thanks for your help, I have about 150 graphs I need to update!

  13. #13

    Yes, launch that and see if it finds the updates.

  14. #14

    Shane,

    The tech doc for the graph copy/paste bug in the RSS feed is still showing the old workaround, with no mention of it being fixed by the 12.0.1 update.

    Shouldn't somebody go through all the Tech Docs that are fixed by the patch, and update them?
    Teri Guest

  15. #15

    Hi Teri,

    We do, but the tech docs will also refer to the downloads page. We can't publish the updates until the download is available.